Queens v Arbroath

1 hour ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Saw a post further up about IP addresses showing as being in England. If using Firefox there's an extension called Browsec VPN which is free and can change the location of your IP address to a country of your choice. 

But you may not wish to bother. 

Arbroath home crowd last week 200 odd better than Queens how they full time 

Nouble been decent today but wow they few bits of magic before the goal a total joke wouldn’t take anyone else in this league over the big man 

Crowd wanking. Nice to see a bit of Falkirk in the division every now and then.

A pathetic second half display, most of it against 10 men.

We absolutely lack attacking quality.  How many crosses hit the first man? How many times was the wrong option picked?  How many times were we crowded out because of a failure to make a decision?

I can't see us scoring very often this season.  Our records of being shite at home  and of failing to recover from falling behind continue apace.

I've no idea why people often sound enchanted by this Queens side.  For me, they lack class and backbone.

10 minutes ago, keptie said:

Hilson is crap at shooting for goal but he always does a job for the team.

I would back my 75 year old mother-in-law in a one-on-one over Hilson.... Actually, she needs a knee replacement so it's probably 50/50.

Edited by Tattie36

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A pathetic second half display, most of it against 10 men.

We absolutely lack attacking quality.  How many crosses hit the first man? How many times was the wrong option picked?  How many times were we crowded out because of a failure to make a decision?

I can't see us scoring very often this season.  Our records of being shite at home  and of failing to recover from falling behind continue apace.

I've no idea why people often sound enchanted by this Queens side.  For me, they lack class and backbone.

30th time we’ve conceded the first goal in a league game under Johnston. 1 win, 1 draw, 28 defeats.
4 wins and 14 defeats in the last 21 home league games. 
7 home league games without a win.
5 home league games in a row lost. One more and it equals the club record. Set in 2020. Would be typical, you wait 100 years for a record, then two come along at once.

The appalling home record continues. I think Arbroath going down to 10 men probably hindered us as we were struggling to find a way through before it so with Arbroath digging in it was easy for them. So so predictable to defend: We got the ball going forward, everyone swarmed the box, we fannied about with the ball out wide before eventually putting in a cross that was easily cleared (and usually the first man). Gaston spent more time time-wasting than actually having anything to do which is an appalling fact against 10 men. He probably won't have an easier game all season.

I like Junior and Connolly but today showed we need another attacking option. We have Roy to come back I suppose but I'd still like another body.

I thought Arbroath played well today, arguably the best performance I've seen against us. They looked handy going forward and defended pretty well. A competent attacking side would have scored at least two today but they got the job done. I'll be gobsmacked if Livi don't recall Nouble.

It didn't cost us the game today* but I thought the ref and the nearside (fan stand) lineman were absolutely appalling. Three different occasions one of our players were fouled but stayed on their feet and as a result weren't given the decision. And we wonder why players go down easily? The Fitzpatrick challenge in the box at 2-0 looked a stonewall penalty from my view and I literally laughed when it wasn't given as I expected nothing less from the incompetent officials.

Hopefully we can get a move away from Palmerston or ask to play all our games away from home.

* Well the first goal shouldn't have stood but given how poor we were attack wise I doubt it would have made a difference.

Someone at Livi is looking fairly stupid letting Nouble go out on loan. He was unplayable today and just showed how little we have up top. I stupidly assumed once Arbroath went down to 10 our pressure would tell and we would score, we could have played all day and not scored.

Cochrane is an absolute waste of a jersey, i have never seen anyone give the ball away as much. Fitzpatrick looked more interested in arguing with the linesman than actually trying. Looks like we have got the same player we saw so often last season. A long season ahead with performances like that.