Queens v Arbroath

8 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

I was wondering if any Queen of the South supporters can help or any Computer Boffins.

I'd say I hold a good level of computer / IT knowledge but I was setting up my Dad's tablet today so he can view the game tomorrow. 

Logged in with last season's details, paid via paypal and all okay but the message saying that I can't view because my IP address is coming in as from England due to Section 23 etc.

I know doing speed tests in the past, sometimes the TalkTalk IP address shows as Manchester even though clearly sitting in Arbroath.

Does anyone know what you can do to make sure the IP address from your internet provider actually comes from Scotland?

I could have let him use my phone as a hot spot, but I'll be at the game tomorrow so that doesn't work.

I can’t help you directly but I view away games on my TV through a Firestick, I downloaded an app called Amazon Slik that turns your Firestick into a web browser and thus being able to log onto football clubs TV packages.

18 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If you have cash there is a ticket office about 10 feet from your turnstile.

If you need to use a card then you'll have to go to the ticket office in the Arena, maybe 100 yards away, walking round the back of the home terrace. Nothing particularly awkward about it.

It's not great though, is it?

The window in the new stand should really be geared up to accept card payments by now.  On our OS, it even recommends that people turn up with the correct money at the window.  It's taking the piss a bit in my view.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

9 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

I was wondering if any Queen of the South supporters can help or any Computer Boffins.

I'd say I hold a good level of computer / IT knowledge but I was setting up my Dad's tablet today so he can view the game tomorrow. 

Logged in with last season's details, paid via paypal and all okay but the message saying that I can't view because my IP address is coming in as from England due to Section 23 etc.

I know doing speed tests in the past, sometimes the TalkTalk IP address shows as Manchester even though clearly sitting in Arbroath.

Does anyone know what you can do to make sure the IP address from your internet provider actually comes from Scotland?

I could have let him use my phone as a hot spot, but I'll be at the game tomorrow so that doesn't work.

If  you contact support on the streaming site Im sure they'll be able to help

30 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

trying to buy the link for for the game but when I log in its showing no option? 

2021-09-18 (4).png

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

If  you contact support on the streaming site Im sure they'll be able to help

ETA - looks like its working now

Edited by Mr X

Saw a post further up about IP addresses showing as being in England. If using Firefox there's an extension called Browsec VPN which is free and can change the location of your IP address to a country of your choice. 

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

Sigh. An even half of football and we find ourselves trailing. Arbroath have had more of the ball and passed it around really well, created a couple of half chances and got their goal. Get it's incredible we haven't scored with a couple of the chances we've had. No idea how McKay missed that header and from my seat it looked like Junior had all the time in the world to pick his spot.

Think if Arbroath get a second it's game over. For us I'd be hooking McGrory soon and giving Liddle a go in there. He seems to be quite off the pace this half.

Good to see the ref give us a FK at the death there. He seemed adamant not to give us one up until that point.

As for the goal I'm not sure what pissed me off more. The fact our Achilles's heel struck again, the fact that Gibson completely gifted them the corner with a ridiculously sloppy pass or the fact that both officials managed to miss the most blatantly obvious foul in the 6 yard box you're likely to see.

Probably lucky to be going in ahead, both teams had great chances,
Pitch looks so thick and slow.
The pitch is absolute garbage. Our home record shows it appears to hinder us more than anything else. I'm hoping one day we'll install one these plastic pitches that everyone goes on about where they seem to give the home side some kind of advantage.

Typically irritating.

Our finishing has been lousy on at least three occasions.  On others, slack passing has prevented a clear opportunity from materialising

As usual, we look incredibly vulnerable each time they get a corner.

We're very much in this match, but there are too many flaws in our game to feel optimistic about the second half.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Sigh. An even half of football and we find ourselves trailing. Arbroath have had more of the ball and passed it around really well, created a couple of half chances and got their goal. Get it's incredible we haven't scored with a couple of the chances we've had. No idea how McKay missed that header and from my seat it looked like Junior had all the time in the world to pick his spot.

Think if Arbroath get a second it's game over. For us I'd be hooking McGrory soon and giving Liddle a go in there. He seems to be quite off the pace this half.

Good to see the ref give us a FK at the death there. He seemed adamant not to give us one up until that point.

As for the goal I'm not sure what pissed me off more. The fact our Achilles's heel struck again, the fact that Gibson completely gifted them the corner with a ridiculously sloppy pass or the fact that both officials managed to miss the most blatantly obvious foul in the 6 yard box you're likely to see.
Think the ref has been equally bad for both teams,
Nouble was completely taken out on the edge of the box, Littles shirt was been held at another corner,
As long as he Is consistent, would rather this than loads of pishy fouls and stoppages

Think the ref has been equally bad for both teams,
Nouble was completely taken out on the edge of the box, Littles shirt was been held at another corner,
As long as he Is consistent, would rather this than loads of pishy fouls and stoppages

He got the Nouble one right I thought tbh. It was right in front of me and the boy looked like her fell over as he was surrounded.

Dunno why he went down though, we've struggled to take it off him all game.