Queens v Arbroath

I think it'll be yet another close game. I preferred our formation in the second half last weekend, the 3 centre backs all looked solid, and I think wing back is where we get the best out of Gibson. The centre of midfield is where my biggest concerns lie, as I didn't think Cochrane looked great at all. I'd change that up. 

I'd go

Brynn

McKay Debayo Nditi

Gibson McGrory Liddle Johnston

Connelly

Soares Junior     Paton

On 12/09/2021 at 13:38, afc_36_0 said:

If we’re going to compete at the top end of the table we should be beating teams like QOS.

Would anyone really come out with nonsense like that......☺

Edited by DUAFC

First time visiting this Saturday which is wild considering we have played each other quite a bit in the last 15 year. 

Kilmarnock/QoTs/Cove/Kelty/Motherwell/Ross County/Livingston/St Mirren the only ones left to do. Will get Killie soon too. 

Fancying us I really do we just feel solid at the moment. 

Feel much more confident playing a team in great form rather than one struggling tbh. Dunfermline can go between here and our game, still not win a game and I'll still be more confident off a win on Saturday than I will against them.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Feel much more confident playing a team in great form rather than one struggling tbh. Dunfermline can go between here and our game, still not win a game and I'll still be more confident off a win on Saturday than I will against them.

Kind of a toss up most weeks in this league. It would just be typical to happen now I’ve said it but I do not think we’ve got a howler of a performance in us, if we get beat I think it’s going to have to be because the other team has played well. Feels like we are reliable all over the park in every position. 7/10s everywhere.

Whats the guy Rubin Soares looked like? 

Whats the guy Rubin Soares looked like? 

I think he's looked good for the most part. He battles hard with defenders and wins the majority of his headers. His hold up play is good when he brings the ball in and I'm not sure I've seen him lose the ball if he gets it under control. He looks deceptively quick as well.

He doesn't look like he's going to score many though and if he reaches double figures I'll be pleasantly surprised. If he has someone to run off him (which by the looks of it is going to be Connolly) that can finish then I'd say he's a vital player for us.

Certainly been impressed with him so far and if he does mange to add goals to his game I think it won't be long until other teams come sniffing.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think he's looked good for the most part. He battles hard with defenders and wins the majority of his headers. His hold up play is good when he brings the ball in and I'm not sure I've seen him lose the ball if he gets it under control. He looks deceptively quick as well.

He doesn't look like he's going to score many though and if he reaches double figures I'll be pleasantly surprised. If he has someone to run off him (which by the looks of it is going to be Connolly) that can finish then I'd say he's a vital player for us.

Certainly been impressed with him so far and if he does mange to add goals to his game I think it won't be long until other teams come sniffing.

Yeah this is reasonably fair I think. He was also forming a decent enough partnership with Ally Roy early on but Roy's missed the last couple injured.

Ruben reminds me a lot of Sean O'Connor back in the day, especially early Sean O'Connor. There's some quality in there, he's got a decent touch, but he's also capable of falling over the ball and you do get the impression part of the reason he's such a handful for defenders is because he doesn't know himself what he's going to do so how could they!

He's completely new to full time football and he seems to run out of legs towards the end of games. He really needed taken off on Saturday as he was completely done 10 mins before the end but we'd used all three subs. He also takes the wrong option or runs in the wrong direction from time to time but the improvement in that side of his game even in a couple of months has been marked and I'm sure the more football he plays at this level the better that will get. I agree though that he's probably more a 5 goal a season striker than a 15 goals a season one.

6 hours ago, Slipmat said:

He's the new Ted McMinn.

Beat me to it, exactly what I thought reading SD's summary below. 😂

" ........part of the reason he's such a handful for defenders is because he doesn't know himself what he's going to do so how could they!"

On 12/09/2021 at 16:50, Skyline Drifter said:

As far as I know the new dugouts have not arrived yet either so the Alpha Solway Main Stand will remain closed to the public and only the Oakbank Terrace and BDS Digital Stand will be open.

Well that's bloody annoying.

On 13/09/2021 at 12:01, die hard doonhamer said:

I think it'll be yet another close game. I preferred our formation in the second half last weekend, the 3 centre backs all looked solid, and I think wing back is where we get the best out of Gibson. The centre of midfield is where my biggest concerns lie, as I didn't think Cochrane looked great at all. I'd change that up. 

I'd go

Brynn

McKay Debayo Nditi

Gibson McGrory Liddle Johnston

Connelly

Soares Junior     Paton

I would drop young Johnston and play either cooper or East as Arbroath are a street wise time and will target the youngster. Apart from that is Liddle and better than Cochrane we will only find out if he gets a chance. 

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where is the ticket office then in that arena place? Website really not very helpful. Is it a wee walk around to where we will be entering, looks a bit awkward going off of street view. 

It isn’t that far if you walk round directly behind the covered terracing. I think on street view the gates are closed, so it looks like you have to go round the streets, which is much further. The choice is to pay cash at the booth in the stand away fans will be in, or walk round to the arena via the path if you need to use a card.

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where is the ticket office then in that arena place? Website really not very helpful. Is it a wee walk around to where we will be entering, looks a bit awkward going off of street view. 

If you have cash there is a ticket office about 10 feet from your turnstile.

If you need to use a card then you'll have to go to the ticket office in the Arena, maybe 100 yards away, walking round the back of the home terrace. Nothing particularly awkward about it.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If you have cash there is a ticket office about 10 feet from your turnstile.

If you need to use a card then you'll have to go to the ticket office in the Arena, maybe 100 yards away, walking round the back of the home terrace. Nothing particularly awkward about it.

If you look at google maps, it says it is a 6 minute walk from Portland Drive to the arena because it doesn’t go via the bit behind the terracing. If you measure the distance in a straight line on google maps, it is about 200 yards from behind the stand to the arena, so it’ll be about 250 yards to walk, I think.
Can totally understand somebody who has never been before thinking it might be a lot further than it is if they use google maps to check the route.

I was wondering if any Queen of the South supporters can help or any Computer Boffins.

I'd say I hold a good level of computer / IT knowledge but I was setting up my Dad's tablet today so he can view the game tomorrow. 

Logged in with last season's details, paid via paypal and all okay but the message saying that I can't view because my IP address is coming in as from England due to Section 23 etc.

I know doing speed tests in the past, sometimes the TalkTalk IP address shows as Manchester even though clearly sitting in Arbroath.

Does anyone know what you can do to make sure the IP address from your internet provider actually comes from Scotland?

I could have let him use my phone as a hot spot, but I'll be at the game tomorrow so that doesn't work.