Queens v Arbroath

Both teams had really good wins last time out .

Arbroath are having a great start they always had a good defence but now they have added goals with the boy on loan from Livi up top .

Hopefully we will have a strong squad for this game maybe have Todd and Roy back from injury .

Hope Cochrane injury is not bad did not look good at Raith .

Hopefully we can get our home form going we seem to keep our best performances for away games 

16 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

3-0 Arbroath 

Yep, heady days Smokies, heady days indeed ..... enjoy the ride while it lasts; so much more enjoyable for fans of us less fancied clubs when these things happen than it is for those that follow the media's favourites.  Just hope Queens can bring a good performance on Saturday and that our defenders are well warned about the big lad from Livi up front - do you think you'll be able to keep him for the season?

We seem to be doing better away than at home (oft the case with us), but that said our three defeats have been close affairs, all by a single goal margin and could easily have been draws.  Fingers crossed for a pissed-off interview from The Bunnet at full time. Should be a decent game.

[quote post="14722387" Just hope Queens can bring a good performance on Saturday and that our defenders are well warned about the big lad from Livi up front - do you think you'll be able to keep him for the season?

Being warned about Joel is one thing, stopping him is another. I can’t see any chance of us keeping him beyond Christmas given our great start and Livie’s struggle.

29 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Having nouble is a completely unfair advantage at this level, however the rest of our team is also very good. If we’re going to compete at the top end of the table we should be beating teams like QOS.

Don’t think we should be beating anybody this leagues very tough. That’s the kind of talk that usually annoys us when other teams fans say it. We are on a good run and really should have beat Ayr 3-0 too but all’s it takes us a bad day and a shite couple of results for the momentum to change. 

But at the moment you just feel really confident about us. This isn’t just this season the second half of last season was the same. Solid team at this moment in time.

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don’t think we should be beating anybody this leagues very tough. That’s the kind of talk that usually annoys us when other teams fans say it. We are on a good run and really should have beat Ayr 3-0 too but all’s it takes us a bad day and a shite couple of results for the momentum to change. 

But at the moment you just feel really confident about us. This isn’t just this season the second half of last season was the same. Solid team at this moment in time.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Holy f**k, he wasn't being serious there was he?

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’m really not sure

Behave!

He is clearly still bitter and harking back to Allan Johnston's comment after drawing at Arbroath at the start of his first season back when he said we had to be looking at beating teams like Arbroath. Some Arbroath fans threw their toys so far out of the pram at that it's taken them about 3 years to find them again.

Johnston was right. @afc_36_0 is also right. Teams competing at the top end of the table should be beating us. They should also be beating Arbroath.

Unchanged again I hope with Mckenna continuing his fantastic scoring form. 

A few questions for Queens fans. What are gate prices? Do you have to buy a ticket beforehand? Where is good for pre match pints that will let kids in? Thanks in advance 

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Behave!

He is clearly still bitter and harking back to Allan Johnston's comment after drawing at Arbroath at the start of his first season back when he said we had to be looking at beating teams like Arbroath. Some Arbroath fans threw their toys so far out of the pram at that it's taken them about 3 years to find them again.

Johnston was right. @afc_36_0 is also right. Teams competing at the top end of the table should be beating us. They should also be beating Arbroath.

Alright I never knew that. 

To be fair that annoyed me too 😂

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Unchanged again I hope with Mckenna continuing his fantastic scoring form. 

A few questions for Queens fans. What are gate prices? Do you have to buy a ticket beforehand? Where is good for pre match pints that will let kids in? Thanks in advance 

http://www.qosfc.com/prices

Ticket offices open at the ground. You can't buy in advance (well you can but only by calling into the Club Shop from about Wednesday which presumably is no use to you).

I'll leave it to others to advise on pubs that will let kids in. There will be a bottle bar open at the QoS Arena that is available for away fans also but no food there. Otherwise town centre / Whitesands area I guess.

I think part of the ticketing information that SD linked above is a bit misleading, I don't think there is card payment option at the ticket booths located in the new stand (BDS Digital) Stand, unless its changed from the Hamilton game. Card payment is only available at  the counter in the Arena. 

Having nouble is a completely unfair advantage at this level, however the rest of our team is also very good. If we’re going to compete at the top end of the table we should be beating teams like QOS.

A fairly blatant dig at the likes of partick, dunfermline and hamilton fans who have said this in every match thread

Given our home record, away fans have every right to say they should be winning at Palmerston because most teams do.
We’ve won 4 and lost 13 of the last 20 home league games.
1 draw and 5 defeats in the last 6 league games at home, including losing the last 4 in a row. 
Of course, the 20 games include part of 19/20, the whole of 20/21 and just 2 games this season. But we lost both of those. So, although we seemingly have a better team than before, it hasn’t had any effect on our home form yet.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I think part of the ticketing information that SD linked above is a bit misleading, I don't think there is card payment option at the ticket booths located in the new stand (BDS Digital) Stand, unless its changed from the Hamilton game. Card payment is only available at  the counter in the Arena. 

Yeah, fair point. That was written when there was an intention to try to get card machines into the BDS Stand when it was thought likely that the Govt would be 'encouraging' no cash transactions. Ultimately though current guidance doesn't require that and the signal on the existing equipment wasn't strong enough to connect to the other stand without investing in new hardware so it wasn't done. As it stands, card payment is only available at the Arena ticket office.

The Away ticket office will not be open for this game anyway. Nor will the Away section of the BDS as it's not considered necessary for this one given the expected away support and the complications it brings with Arbroath still changing under there. Away fans will occupy the same area Broomhill fans did in the middle of the BDS Stand.

As far as I know the new dugouts have not arrived yet either so the Alpha Solway Main Stand will remain closed to the public and only the Oakbank Terrace and BDS Digital Stand will be open.

3 hours ago, Riviera711 said:

Looking forward to the game. Not so much the four hour drive up 😁

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Hopefully the result will make it worthwhile. 

Given the planned roadworks over the next couple of weeks it wouldn't come as any surprise if it takes an hour or so to get "fae the 'briggs" to Palmerston 😧