The best derby in Scotland - United v Dundee Sunday 19 September 2021

From Dundee? Aye right ye are [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’ve been attending derbies since 1979. Since 1985 I’ve barely missed one. For the majority of these games United have clearly been the better team. There was that period when the Cobra and the Mongoose ripped the waning Hegarty and Narey new arseholes, the Bonetti era when we also briefly held the upper hand, but mostly I’ve gone to games full of trepidation and hoping the form book goes out the window and we somehow conjure a win.
Not today buddy. It’s United hoping for a spawny break, a defensive error from us, a dodgy penalty etc. Courts knows it, the DAB players and fans know it, we are clearly the better team. Now United may well win, just as we have through the decades, but if the 2 teams play to form there can only be winner and that’s The Bold Boys who wear the Dark Blue of Dundee.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I’ve been attending derbies since 1979. Since 1985 I’ve barely missed one. For the majority of these games United have clearly been the better team. There was that period when the Cobra and the Mongoose ripped the waning Hegarty and Narey new arseholes, the Bonetti era when we also briefly held the upper hand, but mostly I’ve gone to games full of trepidation and hoping the form book goes out the window and we somehow conjure a win.
Not today buddy. It’s United hoping for a spawny break, a defensive error from us, a dodgy penalty etc. Courts knows it, the DAB players and fans know it, we are clearly the better team. Now United may well win, just as we have through the decades, but if the 2 teams play to form there can only be winner and that’s The Bold Boys who wear the Dark Blue of Dundee.

Ok, I'll bite. 

What are you basing this theory on?

20 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’d love another 6-2 win but in all honesty a 1-0 due to a dodgy penalty or, better yet, a clear offside goal would be better simply due the the heads gone that it would provoke.

As to who have been the winners “through the decades” there’s opinions and there’s facts.

7E3F9898-9887-4526-A679-DB0F5A6DD3F4.thumb.jpeg.1e39fdb1b77e081a84463594f7afe497.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

It's not rhetorical. It's a straightforward question.

I'd take Adam and Griffiths. 

Mcmullan. Lol

I wouldn’t want Griffiths anywhere near my club.  A few weeks back when his move was being discussed there were two or three Dees saying the same thing but they’ve gone very quiet.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I wouldn’t want Griffiths anywhere near my club.  A few weeks back when his move was being discussed there were two or three Dees saying the same thing but they’ve gone very quiet.

Fair point. I was purely going on ability. But yes, I'd hate to see that wee mink wearing the glorious tangerine shirt.

27 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Any charity bets going?

Last two takers were @Twinkle and @invergowrie arab. Both won £10 for the Archie foundation.

Don't be a shite and not screenshot the donation if you lose 👍

I'll stick a tenner on Tam Courts Terrors for Chest Heart Stroke Scotland https://www.chss.org.uk/supportus/donations/?ref=headerbuttonmobile

On 11/09/2021 at 18:38, Granny Danger said:

Passion, rivalry and real emotion without any bigotry, hatred or bile.

Let’s smash these coagie c***s. :P

PTBAA.

The best derby in Scotland - United v Dundee 

Certainly the best in Dundee  -  after the Lochee one, of course.