The best derby in Scotland - United v Dundee Sunday 19 September 2021

26 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Fair play to you if you were but you can’t all be telling the truth when you say that.  In fact, only 1,939 others can if you were at the match.....

I know a few who definitely never went and were quite open about it before the game.  "Ehm no givin' that lot the pleasure of rubbin' it in" was pretty much the standard answer, which I totally understood as we were as good as gone. 

I normally stay to the end of every game.  If it means you have to take your medicine if you get beat when the opposition come streaming out, then so be it. 

Totally understood all those happy Dee's that night.  For the same reason I understood when St Johnstone turned us over in the SC Final to win their first major honour.  Yeah it was shite to lose yet another cup final (especially with a team of such talent). Yeah they got the breaks on the day.  But them beating us was not such as surprise as they had had our number all season.  Jackie had no plan B.   But I also remembered the joy of us winning our first ever major trophy and the utter dilerium of winning the Scottish Cup at our 7th attempt.  While the St Mirren cup final and the Motherwell cup finals were disappointing on a number of levels for different reasons, I totally understand why their fans get misty eyed looking back.

Edited by Sugar_Army

9 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

I know a few who definitely never went and were quite open about it before the game.  "Ehm no givin' that lot the pleasure of rubbin' it in" was pretty much the standard answer, which I totally understood as we were as good as gone. 

I normally stay to the end of every game.  If it means you have to take your medicine if you get beat when the opposition come streaming out, then so be it. 

Totally understood all those happy Dee's that night.  For the same reason I understood when St Johnstone turned us over in the SC Final to win their first major honour.  Yeah it was shite to lose yet another cup final (especially with a team of such talent). Yeah they got the breaks on the day.  But them beating us was not such as surprise as they had had our number all season.  Jackie had no plan B.   But I also remembered the joy of us winning our first ever major trophy and the utter dilerium of winning the Scottish Cup at our 7th attempt.  While the St Mirren cup final and the Motherwell cup finals were disappointing on a number of levels for different reasons, I totally understand why their fans get misty eyed looking back.

Sorry to break it to you my friend but you are not saying anything here or in your previous posts that hasn’t been pointed out to the Dees on here.....many many times.

Fact of the matter is, they don’t give a f**k. Confirming our relegation at Dens is all that matters to them, and fair fucks to them if that  is pretty much all they have to stick us with. I blame Mixu for that.

If it makes you feel good posting these points and reliving the good times, fill your boots, it’s nice for us Arabs too, but if your goal is to get any form of recognition of our achievements over the past 40 odd years from  the Dees, you are wasting your time.

Arabest

13 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Dundee players must get blinded by a hell of a lot more than just Tangerine in many other stadiums than Tannadice going by your results.

If thats the excuse you're going with anyway.

There's always one. lol

12 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Don't bring up swords around the Canadian one, we'll start hearing about Bannockburn again.

Thank you.

^^^

Totally not rattled. The only one talking about it at this stage is you.

Will you able to watch the festivities this weekend or will you be down in London carrying BoJo's bags and polishing his boots?

4 hours ago, MacArab said:

Sorry to break it to you my friend but you are not saying anything here or in your previous posts that hasn’t been pointed out to the Dees on here.....many many times.

Fact of the matter is, they don’t give a f**k. Confirming our relegation at Dens is all that matters to them, and fair fucks to them if that  is pretty much all they have to stick us with. I blame Mixu for that.

If it makes you feel good posting these points and reliving the good times, fill your boots, it’s nice for us Arabs too, but if your goal is to get any form of recognition of our achievements over the past 40 odd years from  the Dees, you are wasting your time.

Arabest

40 odd years that could really been rounded off in 8 years aye 😉

1979-1987 the Hibees and their phoenix club were good. The 70 years before that and the 35 years since they were pish. 

Edited by Yenitit

4 hours ago, MacArab said:

Arabest

Recognition?  Nae chance lol.    I have a mate who is  a Dee.  He still says "Cheat, cheat, cheat" anytime you mention Hegarty and don't get him started on Bob Valentine. ;)

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The patter from most of the regular Dees is fine and what I’d expect.  Some of these newer/less frequent posters seem to have a real problem.

On 11/09/2021 at 18:59, Granny Danger said:

United have explained the pricing policy on their website:

£35 to watch United with £5 back because you also have to watch Dundee.  When explained in these terms you realise it’s not too bad.

On 12/09/2021 at 11:37, Granny Danger said:

I assume players from both teams will be taking the knee ahead of the game in the essential fight against racism.

I’m sure there will be some who dismiss it as ‘gesture politics’ but I think it’s an important gesture that keeps the issue in the public eye and reinforces both clubs opposition to such discrimination.

On 13/09/2021 at 13:15, Granny Danger said:

So long as you socially distance and keep your masks on it won’t be a problem.

The masks are nothing to do with Covid, it’s because Dundee fans are ugly b*****ds.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The smell of blood is far preferable to the smell of Funsters.

I wouldn't be going on about patter if I was you. You're a Battle of Bannockburn comment away from being the biggest roaster in here.

Lucky it's not you taking the knee aswell , would be like a circus act.

As it is Dundee FC will not be partaking in such meaningless gesture politics such as kneeling before kicking the ball in action.

Thank you.