The best derby in Scotland - United v Dundee Sunday 19 September 2021

11 hours ago, mev said:

The Dundee players seem to get blinded by all the day glow orange/tangerine when they play at Tannadice and are usually well below their best but I'm hoping they actually do themselves justice this time and at least make it difficult for you guys.

Dundee players must get blinded by a hell of a lot more than just Tangerine in many other stadiums than Tannadice going by your results.

If thats the excuse you're going with anyway.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

2837341.main_image.thumb.jpg.1c11837a6a24f3401eb86fc76dc411e6.jpg

Cool pic bro.  I am pretty sure Hoolie has had better days watching United. In fact here are a few I can think of where he might even have cried tears of joy. 

Actually, now that I come to think of it, he was probably greetin' wi' laughter at the final whistle on the day the last two were taken.  I know I was.

download.jpeg

image.jpg

Jim-Mclean.jpg

GettyImages-79650502-brewster_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqet-PKo6Xs3nJXCISjbcJgnWU3iq-HDVrXrIo6I-9SP4.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000004729000.jpg

_41171519_robsongoal203.jpg

images.jpeg

On 14/09/2021 at 17:39, Sugar_Army said:

Still fishing? OK I will bite.

Back in the day it was the TC Keay end.  I even made it on to the pitch, albeit briefly.  What a day.

And just so you can get use of yer box of Kleenex, yes I was at Dens on the day we were relegated.  But as crap it is to go down at the hands of your rivals it was not the end of the world for me. In fact if you ask most United fans we were gone long before that match and had resigned ourselves to the fact.  Nae tears from me that night.

As much as you might have enjoyed your night, it will in nowhere compare to the joy I have witnessed at your ground watching my team lift silverware.

I will happily keep two league cups and a league championship in exchange for a Doon Derby and a Discovery Cup.

Enjoy the derby mate (not too much though).  Good to have them back.

Now go wipe down your keyboard 😉

12k2a5.jpg

@Dee Man was only joking with you when he asked where you watched the Doon Derby.  We all know that just about every United fan’s answer to that question was they were at the match.  I’ve only met a couple of United fans who were honest enough to admit they weren’t faithful through and through and didn’t attend the match to lend their support.  

Rattled?  I certainly ain't that.  I am just replying with a modicum of humour and fact.

Merely pointing out that while you lot get all frothy about relegating us, my high points are about actually seeing my club winning major silverware (on occasion putting your team to the sword in the process) and on more than a few occasions pissing myself laughing at your club for it ability to keep on giving.

1 hour ago, The Derry said:

There's always 2 guarantees in a Dundee derby match

- Dundee United will have the uglier set of fans

- Calum Butcher will execute 38 career ending tackles before getting booked

Ugliest fan found

Screenshot_20210915-220449.png

3 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Rattled?  I certainly ain't that.  I am just replying with a modicum of humour and fact.

Merely pointing out that while you lot get all frothy about relegating us, my high points are about actually seeing my club winning major silverware (on occasion putting your team to the sword in the process) and on more than a few occasions pissing myself laughing at your club for it ability to keep on giving.

Dundee United - What they said on Twitter - Eurosport

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

@Dee Man was only joking with you when he asked where you watched the Doon Derby.  We all know that just about every United fan’s answer to that question was they were at the match.  I’ve only met a couple of United fans who were honest enough to admit they weren’t faithful through and through and didn’t attend the match to lend their support.  

I was at the match.  I even stayed to the end, even though we were down and out at 1-1.  I  have no issue with any United fan that chose not to go.  Yes you support your team through the bad times.  Happy to give them a pass on that game though.  For as I said earlier, we were gone long before we played you.  The way we had played all season that night was a perfect storm in the making and even as i entered the stadium I was expecting you to put the final nail in the coffin.  My only hope was that you would manage to feck it up when it came to the big games against us like you normally do.  And for a brief moment when we went 1 up it actually looked like it might have happened.  But as you Dees know only too well.  It's the hope that kills ya 😂