The best derby in Scotland - United v Dundee Sunday 19 September 2021

6 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Just a couple of observations that I don’t think anyone has mentioned.. 

does the Dundee keeper always take ages with the ball? I don’t know if he was nervous, he did look it at times. 

Griffiths’ header knockdown to Sheridan near the end was excellent. 

Opposition keepers taking ages has always done my tits in so I'm not going to change my viewpoint because our keeper does it. When I was watching it I was screaming at the telly for him to get it to f**k. The game was getting broken up enough without him holding on to it for too long. The 6 second rule needs brought back in and strictly reinforced IMO.

He usually looks anything but nervous during our games, quite the opposite, but he definitely did on a couple of occasions. The one where he shanked it out the park in the first half when he could have fallen on the ball or even comfortably picked it up was bizarre. Very out of character performance from him on Sunday at times. 

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Not under the multi though, to the right.  Hard to pin down as their must be plenty of bars under flats.  

I genuinely can't think of many at all - except City centre - but there aren't many teams play out of city centre pubs. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I genuinely can't think of many at all - except City centre - but there aren't many teams play out of city centre pubs. 

I was thinking of all the tenements we have - along the Blackie/Hultoon/Strathy etc but they tend to be traditional pubs with windows.  Plenty of pubs like the Jimmy Shand with few/no windows but no flats above.  

8 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I have some bad news. 

I know - as well as no windows it now has no walls, roof, doors etc etc!  

Edit - Funnily enough, I lived in Lennox Gardens right behind the Jimmy Shand.  

Edited by hk blues

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Not under the multi though, to the right.  Hard to pin down as their must be plenty of bars under flats.  

Yeh, sat just to the side of the multi.  

I think Austin McCann said under a multi, not tenements or flats.  Also when Austin McCann said under a multi I didn’t take it to literally mean within the same structure, merely within the curtilage of the multi.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Yeh, sat just to the side of the multi.  

I think Austin McCann said under a multi, not tenements or flats.  Also when Austin McCann said under a multi I didn’t take it to literally mean within the same structure, merely within the curtilage of the multi.

You're probably right - I cannot recall any pubs built into multis in Dundee.  There probably were/are a few built under some of the 70s scheme flats but I cannot think of any.

On 22/09/2021 at 08:39, Austin McCann said:

A good few years ago I played a Scottish amateur cup tie in Dundee and as was the tradition they took us back to a pub for a few beers. I can’t remember the name of the team we played or the pub they took us to but it was under a block of flats and didn’t have many if any windows. It didn’t look to welcoming but turned out to be a good afternoon.

Anybody got any idea where this might be and what it’s called?

Oi @Austin McCann under a victorian tenement or under scheme flats? This is important.

The trouble being the latter there are none and the former is all pubs in Dundee 

17 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Oi @Austin McCann under a victorian tenement or under scheme flats? This is important.

The trouble being the latter there are none and the former is all pubs in Dundee 

In was definitely in a scheme. My memory of “under” might be wrong but it was at least among scheme flats.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2021 at 18:13, RossDee01 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong (I’m not) but not one Dundee United player gets in Dundee’s starting 11. I could maybe accept an argument for the goalkeeper so I’ll give them that one.

Bump.

Like a fine wine, this is definitely one of those posts that just gets better and better with age…..

On 18/09/2021 at 10:15, Fifespud said:

Prediction time. I wouldn’t normally go balls out but I can see no other result than the DB’s winning by at least 2 and it really wouldn’t surprise if we scored 4 or 5. In Griffiths and Cummings we have 2 quality, prolific strikers. McMullan is in the form of his life, in the top 2/3 wingers in the country (certainly outshone Boyle when we played Hibs) and he will want to show the DABs what they chucked away. Marshall is brilliant going forward and provides the danger from wide left. We have McGhee (will be the best player on the park IMO), Adam and Anderson who all love a goal from midfield. Fontaine and Ashcroft have scored more from corners than any CH pairing we have ever had. Together McGhee and Byrne do not get overrun in midfield, very solid and in the case of Sean Byrne downright nasty. Since the Legend came in our biggest weakness, the defence and GK in particular, have massively improved. COVID and injuries have prevented us being at full strength all season, tomorrow we will be and these cuntos are getting a hiding.
ETA - dead ball situations - Leigh ‘The Dee’ Griffiths and Charlie Adam?? Also our team is Derryied out of its nut. f**k the DABS.

You'll have to go a long way to beat this classic @MacArab

I think we can all agree that United used nefarious tactics to win this game.

They decided to ruin the Derby and Edinburgh it up to get the result.

We are the moral winners here.

On 19/09/2021 at 09:04, Crawford said:

Any charity bets going?

Last two takers were @Twinkle and @invergowrie arab. Both won £10 for the Archie foundation.

Don't be a shite and not screenshot the donation if you lose 👍

On 19/09/2021 at 09:35, invergowrie arab said:

I'll stick a tenner on Tam Courts Terrors for Chest Heart Stroke Scotland https://www.chss.org.uk/supportus/donations/?ref=headerbuttonmobile

I'm sure it will have been and I missed it in a drunken stupor but was this paid out?