The best derby in Scotland - United v Dundee Sunday 19 September 2021

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

They've numerous (the lease holders, that is). Unless you mean the Rock then that was a fucking shit hole anaw. 

The Rock is the only pub I have ever been scared in. It was at 7am before a trip to Hampden, I don't think it had closed the previous night and it was that bit of the party when all the joy and good times has gone from the coke binge into aggression and high anxiety.

5 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Co-commentator on DUTV upped the ante on @Granny Dangerby claiming this fixture to be "The Best Derby in World Football"

The thing is I do not exaggerate, as my hundreds of admirers on Pie and Bovril know.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's gone now. As a closing party it stayed open 24hrs for about a fortnight straight. 

I know pal. I know several of it's former clientele, classy lads.  A few of them go on the bus with the same name(I know they've had to change it several times when bus companies ban them)to United games.

No it's not the greetin pussed one with a penchant for dressing up in his grandads gear before you say.

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Can we just make this Dundee pub chat now?

Has anyone been in the View lately? I'm assuming it's now a heady mix of the clientelle from the Rock, the View and the Shand.

I’m up next month. Any recommendations aside from the usual Perth Road haunts?  

1 minute ago, Girth said:

I’m up next month. Any recommendations aside from the usual Perth Road haunts?  

Depends what you like. As a boring man who doesn't like young people, music or sugary drinks I would say;

Big fan of Dynamo on Union St. Like the good stuff about  Brewdog - different beers -but without all the bad bits of Brewdog - everything else.

St Andrews Brewing Co. has lots of good beers but it's a bit soulless. More a drinking warehouse than a pub

If the weather is good you get some really good beers at 71 Brewing Bellfield St but you have to sit out and its expensive.

For normal pints I'm pretty much a Perth Rd/West End guy Mennie's and Phoenix mostly. Quite like the Innis and Gunn place too. If I'm in town I just stick to Trades.

For cocktails and late night Draffens probably best. There is Capones which is part of The Caird but I haven't been and given its a Marrs enterprise I wouldn't have high hopes.

I don't drink in the Ferry as its for dicks 

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Depends what you like. As a boring man who doesn't like young people, music or sugary drinks I would say;

Big fan of Dynamo on Union St. Like the good stuff about  Brewdog - different beers -but without all the bad bits of Brewdog - everything else.

St Andrews Brewing Co. has lots of good beers but it's a bit soulless. More a drinking warehouse than a pub

If the weather is good you get some really good beers at 71 Brewing Bellfield St but you have to sit out and its expensive.

For normal pints I'm pretty much a Perth Rd/West End guy Mennie's and Phoenix mostly. Quite like the Innis and Gunn place too. If I'm in town I just stick to Trades.

For cocktails and late night Draffens probably best. There is Capones which is part of The Caird but I haven't been and given its a Marrs enterprise I wouldn't have high hopes.

I don't drink in the Ferry as its for dicks 

St Andrews is good. Went there last time. 

I’m also an almost old b*****d so classic pubs are my thing.

Where’s the Innis and Gunn place? 

55 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Ew. You're horrible.