The best derby in Scotland - United v Dundee Sunday 19 September 2021

On 18/09/2021 at 10:15, Fifespud said:

Prediction time. I wouldn’t normally go balls out but I can see no other result than the DB’s winning by at least 2 and it really wouldn’t surprise if we scored 4 or 5. In Griffiths and Cummings we have 2 quality, prolific strikers. McMullan is in the form of his life, in the top 2/3 wingers in the country (certainly outshone Boyle when we played Hibs) and he will want to show the DABs what they chucked away. Marshall is brilliant going forward and provides the danger from wide left. We have McGhee (will be the best player on the park IMO), Adam and Anderson who all love a goal from midfield. Fontaine and Ashcroft have scored more from corners than any CH pairing we have ever had. Together McGhee and Byrne do not get overrun in midfield, very solid and in the case of Sean Byrne downright nasty. Since the Legend came in our biggest weakness, the defence and GK in particular, have massively improved. COVID and injuries have prevented us being at full strength all season, tomorrow we will be and these cuntos are getting a hiding.
ETA - dead ball situations - Leigh ‘The Dee’ Griffiths and Charlie Adam?? Also our team is Derryied out of its nut. f**k the DABS.

*cough*

Harkes MOM for me didn't hear it getting called. Good to see the improvement from him. 

Dundee with the early chances and looked like they might score first half and then fairly even throughout. 

Nervy at the end but my heart is glad we seen that out. 

Beautiful Sunday indeed. 

Even game between two similar teams with United getting the shade of luck. 

Sore one to lose after a decent first half. 

McPake with no plan B again.

Well done United.  I’m off to the gym to climb out of my mental hole. 

Thank you.  

Edited by Girth

Way too negative a setup from us - midfield were just shite - second to too many balls.

Legdzins probably should have stopped the shot but it's ridiculous the time Harkes was given - the old story of us not closing down.

Our final balls in, particularly at set pieces, were baffling - playing the ball to the far side of the box instead of getting it right into the box.

Frustrating is an understatement.