The best derby in Scotland - United v Dundee Sunday 19 September 2021

While I agree Sunday's game is the latest in the series 'Best Derby in Scotland', the bulk of the posts here seems to have the aim of disproving this.

I'm having to miss the game, looking for a Sky Sports Football pub that opens early in Staffordshire, likely Burton, for this edition. Last one I missed was the 6-2 match 2 years ago.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake screwed himself a bit trying to own a journalist.

He was asked, 'With a few days to go before you pick...' he jumps in with, 'I've picked it.'

Journalist then says, 'So is Adam in the team?' McPake replies, 'I'm no gonna tell you that.' Journalist then asks, 'Well, what are the chances of him being fit for the weekend?' McPake's forehead wrinkles as he thinks for 10 seconds or so and says, 'There's a good chance.' It then cuts to an edit.

Adam confirmed.

McPake follows this up by saying, 'Danny Mullen is out but injuries are more a question for those down the road and their goalkeepers.'

Admittedly quite funny that his attempt to shift all the mind games and uncertainties onto United has led to him revealing our ace in the hole.

Very happy if Charlie is fit enough to play, as these are the games he lives for and tends to control better than any other. Confidence has grown with this news admittedly, though when it comes to this fixture that 'confidence' never goes high.

5 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm having to miss the game, looking for a Sky Sports Football pub that opens early in Staffordshire, likely Burton, for this edition. Last one I missed was the 6-2 match 2 years ago.

Well if you're watching it in Burton, hopefully you witness Kane Hemmings celebrating firsthand. Interesting latter point, too bad superstition is meaningless, eh?

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Very happy if Charlie is fit enough to play, as these are the games he lives for and tends to control better than any other.

Missed a penalty and had a hilariously proper clownshoe moment in the last derby he played in....

Spoiler

Be fucking ashamed of yourself if you bite at this.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Missed a penalty and had a hilariously proper clownshoe moment in the last derby he played in....

Reveal hidden contents

Be fucking ashamed of yourself if you bite at this.

The straw that broke the camels back for me, will be back when we pump this dayglo shite on Sunday.

Thank you

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

I can't see Adam being ruled out for 6 weeks then being back already, but hopefully I'm proven wrong and he gets to live out a boyhood dream of scoring the winning goal in a Dundee derby. 

Adam and Griffiths to score for peak dab rage please. 

17 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I can't see Adam being ruled out for 6 weeks then being back already, but hopefully I'm proven wrong and he gets to live out a boyhood dream of scoring the winning goal in a Dundee derby. 

The talk of Adam being back already worries me. He’s not got the best of engines anyway and in a game which is played at 100mph for 90 minutes if he’s not fully fit he will likely struggle. I also don’t think we need him to beat this lot and would rather not risk him being out even longer.

Edited by RossDee01

44 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

McMullan with 2 excellent crosses for both goals.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The Dees are funny folk.  If we lose I couldn’t care less who scores.  If we win I couldn’t care who scores.

I just want us to win.

Theyve won just 4 out of the last 20 derbies. Yet they still come in to these matches full of bravado and enthusiasm. Fair play to them, wee scamps

16 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

They've won just 4 out of the last 20 derbies. 

tumblr_p77w73SHAC1tk2heto1_500.gif.fc8f0902437acff12adba603ea22c927.gif   

Please come to the rescue of your club's droogs @stumigoo.

With respect my man, I along with other like-minded Dee's would welcome your educated tangerine input.

Regards as always.

37 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Theyve won just 4 out of the last 20 derbies. Yet they still come in to these matches full of bravado and enthusiasm. Fair play to them, wee scamps

Probably because none of those games has got any bearing on Sunday's match whatsover.