Greenock Morton vs Raith Rovers

Abysmal. I’m honestly baffled with that performance and how pitiful we really were.

Did we realise that it was actually us that was behind 1-0 or was the shitebaggery at the back intended? Terrified to push forward from the get go, we deserved f**k all from that - even with that ref overcompensating for his tiny little pecker.

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's quite possibly true (though Ayr and Dunfermline are in with a shout); Raith fans are certainly the biggest bunch of knicker-wetters in the league though. Coronaries all round at a largely comfortable performance. 

Hard to disagree with that. 

The trauma of chucking a four goal lead still living with us.

Another good away win. I was a bit concerned for us when Vaughan was injured. I wondered where the goals would come from. Just as well we have big Dario Z.
The problem is he's the only one showing the creative spark. If we have to rely on him every week to do it alone, it's going to be a long season.

3 points when you don't play well is always good. Take that today and move onto 3 huge games coming up now.

I really didn't like signing of Zanatta when it was announced but have to say he's really stepping up. He's our go to player now and happy to admit I was wrong.

Think Ugwu would've made a difference today had he been fit.

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:
12 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:
Another good away win. I was a bit concerned for us when Vaughan was injured. I wondered where the goals would come from. Just as well we have big Dario Z.

The problem is he's the only one showing the creative spark. If we have to rely on him every week to do it alone, it's going to be a long season.

Connolly will hopefully chip in too but we’ll definitely need someone else unless McGlynn can get Keatings playing well again.

He's proven us wrong before but I'm more sure than not that Brian McLean is now completely finished...

Robbie Muirhead has never got started - why is he still here? 

Another game we've not managed to trouble the opposition goalkeeper.

28 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Connolly will hopefully chip in too but we’ll definitely need someone else unless McGlynn can get Keatings playing well again.

I was talking to a Hibs fan today, and he reckons the boy Scott Allan would be brilliant for us as well as Gullan

Edited by baillieinleeds

Good win. Thought we were clearly the better team the first half and deserved to be in front. Second half Morton had much more of a go but proved fairly toothless in front of goal. Not that we were much better and passed up a few great chances to go 2-0 and seal it. That left a nervous last 15 with us sitting far too deep. Was fully expecting a bobble or deflection in the box for the equaliser, but thankfully it never came. 

4 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Good win. Thought we were clearly the better team the first half and deserved to be in front. Second half Morton had much more of a go but proved fairly toothless in front of goal. Not that we were much better and passed up a few great chances to go 2-0 and seal it. That left a nervous last 15 with us sitting far too deep. Was fully expecting a bobble or deflection in the box for the equaliser, but thankfully it never came. 

I actually thought it was the other way about. 

One up at half time with our only attempt at goal, while Morton had had a few half chances, although all from outside the box. 

First 10 or 15 minutes of the second half was more of the same, and Morton really should have equalised, either through Muirhead or Reilly, but from around the 55th minute to the 85th, I thought we were the better side and spurned about four good chances of our own. 

Last five minutes was a bit tense, and after the embarrassment of losing a four goal lead to Hamilton, conceding to a Jack Hamilton equaliser may have been almost as mortifying, but fair play to Berra and Benedictus, they won so many headers between them. 

Wasn’t impressed by us overall, but a hard fought win nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

That's quite possibly true (though Ayr and Dunfermline are in with a shout); Raith fans are certainly the biggest bunch of knicker-wetters in the league though. Coronaries all round at a largely comfortable performance. 

You're not wrong but we witnessed the 4-4 collapse against a shit Accies team so it's understandable.  Think we looked comfortable but sitting on a 1-0 always leaves you open to a sucker punch equalizer.  Morton don't actually look a bad team all be it not a good one either but I thought you were certainly worse last season.  Defiantly lacking someone to control the middle for you and resorted to a few long balls which I thought your 9 did well to battle our CBs for, he holds his man off well.  As for ourselves we look toothless up top without Vaughan which is a worry.  Do Ayr have any ST they think are pish? their judgement of how useless Zanatta is was certainly spot on.  

2 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

3 points when you don't play well is always good. Take that today and move onto 3 huge games coming up now.

I really didn't like signing of Zanatta when it was announced but have to say he's really stepping up. He's our go to player now and happy to admit I was wrong.

Think Ugwu would've made a difference today had he been fit.

I was underwhelmed at his signing too and saw him as a big step down from Dan Armstrong but fair play to Zanatta he's really stepped up and so far has offered at least as much as Dan Armstrong did for us. Like Armstrong he's certainly not afraid to take his man on and try a few things.