Greenock Morton vs Raith Rovers

2 hours ago, #Gary said:

Yes but it's quite literally the only thing he's done in 3 seasons. He has 1 goal against Championship opposition I think and it came in a heavy defeat. Scoring a couple against dross like Airdrie changes nothing. 

Maybe a sympathy vote from the manager for saving him?

25 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I was right behind the shot in the cowshed. 

Thats a contradiction in terms.....think about it for goodness sake.

How could you possibly be behind the shot when you were in the Cowshed (as was I).

Nope. You would have to have been on the Sinclair St terracing.

It's a tough one for the Morton fans. At the moment, it feels very much they've went from one manager without a clue to a duo who will help them tread water at best. It reminds me a bit of what we were like under Grant Murray in a way. With ourselves back then, we'd start ok, then have a horrendous winter, before pulling through in a safe 7th position. It's hard to say how Morton will do - you feel like a player like Gozie will never get you 20 goals a season but he might pop up on an afternoon like today to get a draw. 

Overall, the standard of the league is a lot more even this season. None of the teams we have played have looked exceptional, but at the same time we don't look anywhere near as impressive as last season.  It's good to see Connolly get back to fitness now as that means he can share the creative duties. The one standout is of course Zanatta. As Calderon alluded to, he's offered far more in the space of 5 league games than Kai Kennedy did in his loan spell - perhaps it's a little unfair as Kennedy is a younger player. But like Brian Graham and Kevin Nisbet before him, we're seeing a player come in low in confidence and build up his belief over time. Hopefully he can carry on as he's playing at the moment. For all the cries of Keatings not getting game time, I'd rather we used Dario as a forward. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

We were rotten today. In saying that a point a piece would have been fair but can't grudge Raith the win. We offered nothing in an attacking sense until the final five mins. Gus under a bit of pressure and he needs to pick our best 11 and a formation that brings the best out of the players we have. Oksanen and Lyon played well today despite watching the ball being launched over the time and time again. We missed big Gozie today and there was absolutely no need to play with a back 5. Depending on strapp and hynes for width and attacks options will never end well. Thought young mcentee played really well 

Strapp a winger?......why the f**k didnt we make an effort to hold onto Nesbitt?

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's a tough one for the Morton fans. At the moment, it feels very much they've went from one manager without a clue to a duo who will help them tread water at best. It reminds me a bit of what we were like under Grant Murray in a way. With ourselves back then, we'd start ok, then have a horrendous winter, before pulling through in a safe 7th position. It's hard to say how Morton will do - you feel like a player like Gozie will never get you 20 goals a season but he might pop up on an afternoon like today to get a draw. 

Overall, the standard of the league is a lot more even this season. None of the teams we have played have looked exceptional, but at the same time we don't look anywhere near as impressive as last season.  It's good to see Connolly get back to fitness now as that means he can share the creative duties. The one standout is of course Zanatta. As Calderon alluded to, he's offered far more in the space of 5 league games than Kai Kennedy did in his loan spell - perhaps it's a little unfair as Kennedy is a younger player. But like Brian Graham and Kevin Nisbet before him, we're seeing a player come in low in confidence and build up his belief over time. Hopefully he can carry on as he's playing at the moment. For all the cries of Keatings not getting game time, I'd rather we used Dario as a forward. 

Listen bawshambles....cut the crap.

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I honestly thought Morton were much better than last season and, over the piece, a draw would have been a fair result (ditto our game v Queens last Saturday).

The only downgrade in Morton's team is the goalkeeper - the boy with the ponytail wasn't a world beater last season, but Flap Jack is abysmal.

Big Gozie might have thrived in that game today and I honestly think Morton will survive comfortably this season.

As for Rovers,it wasn't an easy watch, but it was never going to be with four central midfielders.

I thought Berra and Zanatta were appalling signings, but happy to have been proved wrong thus far. Toss up between the two of them for Man of the Match today.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Morton TV commentary again today. I always like hearing it from an opposition perspective and the commentary was informative, insightful, enthusiastic and respectful to the Rovers.

Bene MoM by a fair distance.

48 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Thats a contradiction in terms.....think about it for goodness sake.

How could you possibly be behind the shot when you were in the Cowshed (as was I).

Nope. You would have to have been on the Sinclair St terracing.

He would have been facing the shot on that terracing. He WAS behind the shot in the cowshed, no?

Edited by pantene proV

39 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The manager thinks the same - when Varian went off Mcglynn did everything he could to avoid having to put Keatings on. 

3 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

He would have been facing the shot on that terracing. He WAS behind the shot in the cowshed, no?

Em......were you at Cappielow today?...... I assume you realise The Cowshed is the covered terracing opposite the main stand ....right?

9 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Yes, and Dario was shooting into the Sinclair St terracing end. At an angle that would make fans at the far end of the cowshed be behind the shot.

Not difficult to understand.

I invite you to share my pos in the Cowshed to further analise this discretion.

.....and the ref was shite.

15 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

yep....go with this. Benedictus was immense today as was (forget his name/number) the big central/mid boy (man of colour).

Blaise Riley White

Correction, Blaise Riley-White. He's taken a while to get fitness and sharpness levels up but he's coming on to a game now and his long passing is something to behold. He was harshly sent off at Ayr and he was missed against QOS.

Edited by Raith_Raver

8 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Blaise Riley White

Correction, Blaise Riley-White. He's taken a while to get fitness and sharpness levels up but he's coming on to a game now and his long passing is something to behold. He was harshly sent off at Ayr and he was missed against QOS.

Riley-Snow?

9 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Blaise Riley White

Seeming boy has changed his name to Riley-Snow.

So the ref in the Ayr game didn't think he was snow white on that occasion.

But played well today pity he wasn't sent off v QOS.

7 minutes ago, Capitaneus said:

😆 Indeed, Riley-Snow, duh duh duh.

It's a Saturday night... :cheers

3 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Agree. System football as laid down seems to deprive players of initiative.....we all saw when Strapp was wide and nobody near him but .....the ball has to go along the line as the boss says.

I thought Lewis Strapp was underwhelming today but he's doing what his gaffer told him to do.

oh well.

Pish. Strapp was underwhelming because he's been playing badly for several months and isn't suited to a wing-back role. We should have played Russell instead. 

There's no tactical plan to account for that. We don't even have a serious tactical plan anyway, never mind this 'system football' theory that people bizarrely think is being played out by a chump of a manager. 

Edited by vikingTON

5 hours ago, Capitaneus said:

I thought the big fella was immense. Didn't lose a single battle in the air or on the ground and was neat and tidy on the ball too. At times he looked like a 3rd centre back but other times he was playing almost as a defensive midfielder.