Week 1

lichtie23

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm thinking why can't the Niners stay healthy? Verrett out for the season and Mostert out for 8 weeks. FFS.

Verrett should have retired 3 or 4 years ago. It's clear his body just isn't cut out for NFL football. He was injured a lot in college too. It's a shame because he's uber-talented, but he's never played a full season in 7 years in the NFL, and only managed more than 6 games twice.

Did you see the hilarious bit of modern NFL officiating on the last Ravens drive?

Drive started at the 25 after a touchback, so there's absolutely no doubt where the 1st down marker is. Ravens FB catches the pass on 2nd down and is stopped about a foot to 18 inches short of the marker. They spot the ball about a foot away from the 35, and signal 1st down! :blink:

14 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Did you see the hilarious bit of modern NFL officiating on the last Ravens drive?

Drive started at the 25 after a touchback, so there's absolutely no doubt where the 1st down marker is. Ravens FB catches the pass on 2nd down and is stopped about a foot to 18 inches short of the marker. They spot the ball about a foot away from the 35, and signal 1st down! :blink:

Aye I noticed he was short. I was surprised that none of the commentators  noticed the ‘interception’ earlier on. I think Hunter Renfrow was the only guy that realized…

And finally the Raiders can celebrate! What an ending!

Gruden channelling his inner Mike McCoy with the running the FG team on then off again nonsense.

AFC West 4-0 after week one. Considering AFC West plays the NFC Least this year, I could see the 4th place team having 7 or 8 wins easily.

Edited by Boo Khaki