Week 1

lichtie23

Very good opener for Jalen Hurts and the Eagles offence. The level of penalties is as ridiculous as ever but hopefully get that tidied up for next week. Atlanta looked BAD. Pretty tough opening schedule for the Eagles so it was really important to get a win today.

Odd thing to say in week 1 but new punter looks the business!

8 minutes ago, Super_A said:

I get why the hitting the QB low rule exists but some of the call for it are horrendous.

To me it shouldn't be a penalty if the QB still has the ball in his hand when the defender is within two steps. Bosa made a great effort to sack Heinicke earlier by diving for him from about two yards away. TH still had the ball in his hand when Bosa started to dive, but released the ball before he got there. Bosa wraps TH up around the lower thighs, and of course peep! RTP. It's total bullshit. You can't breathe on a QB when he's in the pocket even though he's technically the ball carrier.

Edited by Boo Khaki

13 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

To me it shouldn't be a penalty if the QB still has the ball in his hand when the defender is within two steps. Bosa made a great effort to sack Heinicke earlier by diving for him from about two yards away. TH still had the ball in his hand when Bosa started to dive, but released the ball before he got there. Bosa wraps TH up around the lower thighs, and of course peep! RTP. It's total bullshit. You can't breathe on a QB when he's in the pocket even though he's technically the ball carrier.

Aye the Bosa one and the Dolphins one there was what i was what talking about. Bosa was diving from miles away and got flagged for for it, the Dolphins boy got knocked off balance by a lineman and still gets flagged.

The same with roughing the passer when its a sack and the QB holds the ball, just because the tackler lands on the QB. It should only be roughing if its helmet to helmet or if the QB has got rid of the ball.