Cove vs Montrose

17 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

One other thing … I’ve no idea how much Cove are paying Shae Logan but based on today’s performance it’s too much … he is is taking the piss. He barely crossed the halfway line and strolled around like owned the place. His only contribution was winding up the Mo support in the first half.

Shay is more a RB than wing back and he normally has Yule in front of him but saying that in the first half he supplied quite a few crosses. Harry Milne is a true wing back on the left side but is coming back from illness.

What I've seen of Shay so far, he's fairly quick even at 33, positionally good and makes very few errors or gives away possession. Of the 8 summer signings we've made I give him pass marks, Vigurs is borderline, the other 5 aren't good enough and Ola hasn't played yet.

Agree Mo need a striker or two. Set plays where the only time I thought Montrose looked threatening. Good luck against Alloa next week

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Match highlights up on YouTube now. The pen was one but it was a stupid and needless foul from Fyvie who made an arse of trying to win the ball. Lyons certainly wasn't through on goal and still had work to do to get a shot off hence needless and careless.

Cove had some clear cut chances 1st half but Flemming was outstanding.

Upon reviewing the Blair Yule challenge which led to a second yellow I think that's soft. His eyes are on the ball and it's there to be won in the Montrose box. There is no malice or studs up.

Letter of the law you can see why the ref gave a yellow but harsh in my opinion. Not every challenge like that in that area of the pitch is given as a yellow but it is what it is and Blair will miss the Peterhead game.

If Blair's is a yellow then I think so is Kerr Waddell's on Mitch in the first half tbh.

https://youtu.be/EIbP1RJ2K5k

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Match highlights up on YouTube now. The pen was one but it was a stupid and needless foul from Fyvie who made an arse of trying to win the ball. Lyons certainly wasn't through on goal and still had work to do to get a shot off hence needless and careless.

Cove had some clear cut chances 1st half but Flemming was outstanding.

Upon reviewing the Blair Yule challenge which led to a second yellow I think that's soft. His eyes are on the ball and it's there to be won in the Montrose box. There is no malice or studs up.

Letter of the law you can see why the ref gave a yellow but harsh in my opinion. Not every challenge like that in that area of the pitch is given as a yellow but it is what it is and Blair will miss the Peterhead game.

https://youtu.be/EIbP1RJ2K5k

Yeah have to admit the second yellow for Yule was quite harsh.Would have liked to have seen Kerr challenge again on Megginson and the incident with Scott Ross.

2 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Yeah have to admit the second yellow for Yule was quite harsh.Would have liked to have seen Kerr challenge again on Megginson and the incident with Scott Ross.

Kerr's one of Mitch looked a bit of lunge and from behind/side. I was very close to it but it happens so fast. My initial reaction was a free kick certainly and he was lucky to avoid a card. I don't really want players booked frivolously it must be said.

Scott's challenge on Webby was miss timed. He kind of spun round and was disorientated and tried to win the headed ball but got it wrong. Was definitely a yellow. Would have been a harsh red but seen them given over the years.

On 16/09/2021 at 21:44, Cove1922 said:

Productive meeting with a ban overturned I hope?

Not really productive, it felt like we were talking to a politician 

Sheran thinks Hartley can take us all the way to the premier league 

Claims he doesn’t know why Stewart was dropped (not believing that) 

Won’t be overturning our bans as he isn’t convinced we won’t be negative 

1 hour ago, JamesMunro said:

Not really productive, it felt like we were talking to a politician 

Sheran thinks Hartley can take us all the way to the premier league 

Claims he doesn’t know why Stewart was dropped (not believing that) 

Won’t be overturning our bans as he isn’t convinced we won’t be negative 

🙄. He better start recruiting players that improve the squad then. I'd love to hear his analysis on the 8 new summer signings. Not many get pass marks from me. Shay is the only one worth a shirt and he's very much a short term fix given his age.

Perplexed we haven't used the loan market yet. I'm thinking he must be trying and missing out on targets. Need 2 in at least to strengthen things.

Petulance over the Airdrie semi is the only excuse for dropping McKenzie I can think of. Gladly he's seen the light and got the ball boy benched and Stuart between the sticks.

We can count ourselves fortunate to be sitting 3rd 2 points off the top. Must improve going forward to retain / build on our league position.