Motherwell v Aberdeen 11/09/21

12 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I can understand wanting Gallagher for McCrorie although I disagree. Can't understand Longstaff for Ojo though, as that would leave us with 3 very similar midfielders in the middle.

Ojo has been very good so far, and without Hedges fit I'd prefer him to Hayes, McGinn, or McLennan on current form.

We've certainly got plenty of options now, which is pleasing.

Ojo has done ok at times but more often than not has looked like a defensive player being asked to do something he’s not comfortable with doing. He doesn’t have the speed to be an effective attacking midfielder. The balance of the midfield doesn’t look ideal but I can’t see Brown or Ferguson being dropped nor can I see a high profile signing like Longstaff not starting.

Working today, so gutted to be missing this one.

Would be good if big Sondre was ready to slot into central defence but think a place on the bench for him is more likely. I've been impressed by the little I've seen so far of Ramirez up front for Aberdeen, so he could give our backline a tough afternoon. 

Up front for us I'd go along with the Roberts, KVV, Watt 3 that most others also seem to fancy. Given a run of games I feel that is the combination most likely to bear fruit for us.

Aberdeen have recruited well, but the way we set up will stifle much of their creativity, and I can see a draw on the cards here which would be a decent result.

1-1 , big Kev doing the honours for us.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Watkins in for Samuels. Must have a knock as he's not even made the bench.

Feels like at least half the time the player that does the press interviews in the lead up to the game doesn't even end up being involved.