Motherwell v Aberdeen 11/09/21

Especially as the stats are shit...  Grimshaw should have made it three from a cross-come-shot that was on target 
Everyone in the Cooper Stand was convinced Grimshaw should have been launching a diving header at that. I still have no idea why we didn't get a corner after that, he seemed to give them a free-kick for some imaginary infringement.

16 minutes ago, Swello said:

We may do well this season, we might be pish but already this team has more identity and is far more likable that last season's shite show ever was.

We are a team of absolute b*****ds. Hard, cynical b*****ds. And it was a joy to watch. I've seen countless teams play like that against Motherwell and it's so frustrating. To see us do it was great viewing.

I didn't think the Hibs game could be topped for entertainment value bit that was pure pantomime. 

Plus the good guys won three points. 

What can you say about KVV - I've rarely like a player more after so few games - he should have been red carded well before he went off but that can wait for another week (probably next week at Ibrox in fact).

Aye, that is a stick on.
On a yellow today there were 2 challenges in quick succession in front of the Main stand where I was waiting for the red.
Luckily Beaton is a scudbook - Which worked both ways today.
At Ibrox he's a gonner

I assume the "clinging on at 1-0" quote from Glass in the BBC match report was a hypothetical clinging-on used to make some other point as it certainly never happened in the game.
Clinging on with Aberdeen absolutely pounding us with sideways passes in the middle 3rd.

I've just finished watching my recording of the Alba rerun.

Last 18 mins or so we went to "sit on the result" mode.  That won't have helped the stats I suppose but we were never conceding a goal there.

On 10/09/2021 at 16:48, Bob Mahelp said:

For the 'well boiyz. 

How long to walk from Fir Park to the train station (Motherwell, not Airbles) ??? 

I have to get the 17.17 to Glasgow, but judging by Google maps, walking will cut it a bit fine...

You could probably have got away at half past 4

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

E_BVq-YXMAQYoeH?format=jpg&name=large

This and the Dec Gallagher 2-0 GIF are why it is a blast to be a fan of a Scottish Football club. Top banter.

I so enjoyed that game today. I felt it was more comfortable than when we beat Dundee a couple of weeks ago. Aberdeen played some nice football and had numerous chances which Kelly dealt well with. But after going 2-0 up I did not think we would not pick up 3 points. That is a huge difference from teams and seasons gone by. 

We are one solid and well organised unit. Kudos to Alexander. 

The scandi centre backs were excellent. Big Bevis - wow. SODs May struggle to get his place back. Slattery is a great signing. To be fair even Nathan McG had a good game after a low start. 

But Kevin Van Veen. Oh my. A walking basket case and red card but as already mentioned worth the entry fee alone. If someone can make a GIF of the moment in the 2nd half on the half way line where he somehow brought the ball down and sold the two Aberdeen players. That really was as good as a goal. Orgasmic….

200.gif

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

There are so many wind up posts on here from Motherwell fans, but I refuse to rise to any of them. Just pleased that it wasn’t 3-0 because I was going put money on it but didn’t.

Come on, give us something, we are all in this together 

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'm just back from the game and I've read none of the posts above, so I'm responding to nobody with my comments. 

Aberdeen were hilariously, laughably awful. Anyone that says that was better than the McInnes days must be coked out their nut. We started the game...in fact, played 65 minutes of the game, with around 6 midfielders in the side, and spent the whole game passing the ball sideways with 10 yard passes, with all the penetration of a eunach that had spent a fortnight on the piss. 

It's obvious that Glass is unable to take what on paper looks like a fairly strong squad, and mould them into a side that can actually create chances and score goals. 

The ginger guy from Newcastle was a fucking disaster, and if Ferguson is going to puit in these error strewn half-arsed performances, it's time to get rid of him. I refuse to believe that we don't have the players to do better than this...we just need a manager who can put the right combination of players out on the field. 

I really don't have that much to say about Motherwell. They did what they had to do, without at any time looking anything more than hard working. They worked out very quickly that Beaton was going to allow them to foul with impunity for 25 minutes, and took full advantage of that. Well done to them. 

On Beaton...he was a bawhair away from losing complete control of the game in the 1st half because of his total unwillingness to stamp any kind of authority on the match. In fact, at the moment he did try to take control the game...booking Mackenzie for pretty much Aberdeen's first foul....was a bit of a turning point, as Mackenzie seemed so stunned he lost his concentration for a few minutes, leading to the 1st goal. 

That was the kind of game that should see a referee demoted. He was simply awful .

2-0 Motherwell was the right and deserved result. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

On Beaton...he was a bawhair away from losing complete control of the game in the 1st half because of his total unwillingness to stamp any kind of authority on the match. In fact, at the moment he did try to take control the game...booking Mackenzie for pretty much Aberdeen's first foul....was a bit of a turning point, as Mackenzie seemed so stunned he lost his concentration for a few minutes, leading to the 1st goal. 

I have no idea what that booking was for.  I assumed he was blowing against us again.

21 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm just back from the game and I've read none of the posts above, so I'm responding to nobody with my comments. 

Aberdeen were hilariously, laughably awful. Anyone that says that was better than the McInnes days must be coked out their nut. We started the game...in fact, played 65 minutes of the game, with around 6 midfielders in the side, and spent the whole game passing the ball sideways with 10 yard passes, with all the penetration of a eunach that had spent a fortnight on the piss. 

It's obvious that Glass is unable to take what on paper looks like a fairly strong squad, and mould them into a side that can actually create chances and score goals. 

The ginger guy from Newcastle was a fucking disaster, and if Ferguson is going to puit in these error strewn half-arsed performances, it's time to get rid of him. I refuse to believe that we don't have the players to do better than this...we just need a manager who can put the right combination of players out on the field. 

I really don't have that much to say about Motherwell. They did what they had to do, without at any time looking anything more than hard working. They worked out very quickly that Beaton was going to allow them to foul with impunity for 25 minutes, and took full advantage of that. Well done to them. 

That was the kind of game that should see a referee demoted. He was simply awful .

A little dramatic, Bob. 

30 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Think you’re been harsh on you’re own team there.

3 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He looks like exactly the same player as Brown and even Ferguson plays a similar game. Recycles the ball but everything is sideways or the easy pass.

3 guys all trying to do the same thing makes you very predictable.

Ramsay looked very good. I hadn't seen much of him but he was the attacking out ball for Aberdeen today. Says a whole lot about what your forwards were offering.

Nothing was getting past the Steel Curtain today

Ramsay is easily the best player in the team.