Motherwell v Aberdeen 11/09/21

Looks like he was signed to replace Ferguson. Huddersfield didn't sell the player they were going to replace with Ferguson. We've left ourselves with too much instead of leaving ourselves shirt like we've done in the past.
Makes sense

Ferguson didn't throw a fit or anything but at full time he marched straight off.

He stopped to shake hands with Scotland team mate Kelly and then was straight up the stairs.

Doesn't look like he is a happy boy

You know fine well why we didn't manage to get all of the players in before the final weeks of the window. Celtic were in a very similar position to ourselves.
If we'd let Ferguson go and didn't manage to get Longstaff we'd all be raging. Hindsight is wonderful etc.

Not disagreeing with any of that - just a shame the window dates and the congested early season fixture list are a tad lop-sided.

43 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

There's not much to counter really? If Aberdeen get the first goal, which we had chances to get today, then Motherwell have to come out of the low block to try and get something.

McInnes would go all Mon-Stars on us and thump us out a game, as he did throughout his time as Aberdeen manager.

Glass won't, and they'll get battered again.

I feel young Stephen has already hit the glass ceiling at Aberdeen as far as he can take the club and will be on his way back to the US by Christmas with a decent payoff and a new role elsewhere from your owner. 

Someone should advise Cormack the SPFL Premiership is not a franchise league also.  Although Aberdeen could be saved (once again) from being relegated if Arbroath win the league below.

28 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Makes sense

Ferguson didn't throw a fit or anything but at full time he marched straight off.

He stopped to shake hands with Scotland team mate Kelly and then was straight up the stairs.

Doesn't look like he is a happy boy

Probably more to do with losing to be honest. Has applauded the fans after other games.

27 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Not disagreeing with any of that - just a shame the window dates and the congested early season fixture list are a tad lop-sided.

Yeah that is fair enough.

13 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

McInnes would go all Mon-Stars on us and thump us out a game, as he did throughout his time as Aberdeen manager.

Glass won't, and they'll get battered again.

Aye rightio. Nonsense.

I found that an immensely satisfying game TBH. I might get used to it but there is such a novelty in seeing us doing what I've watched other teams do to us repeatedly over the years; Take our chance when it came, keep things tight and watch the other team huff and puff while looking increasingly bereft of ideas - and then hit them with a game killer. At 2-0, it was very comfortable and I could even enjoy finishing the game with no strikers on as there was no prospect of Aberdeen coming back into it.

Today, we defended our box superbly - Ojala has settled in and is looking better every week, big sexy slotted straight in and had as low fuss a debut as I've ever seen. Big Bevis was great value and cleared a ton of back post crosses.

Midfield was bossed by Aberdeen but Slattery still put in a cracking shift - I still feel like he needs more help.

What can you say about KVV - I've rarely like a player more after so few games - he should have been red carded well before he went off but that can wait for another week (probably next week at Ibrox in fact). Tony deserves an award for noising up Brown and the wee patronising pat on the head was classic.

We may do well this season, we might be pish but already this team has more identity and is far more likable that last season's shite show ever was.