Motherwell v Aberdeen 11/09/21

Never made it today but what a class result.

Alexander's set up might not be pretty but I can't argue with the goals/wins column.

When possession gets you points I'll start taking those kind of comments/reports seriously.

23 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Glass is out of his depth.

We have no pace, width, or creation.

And we can’t defend.

And this is just against a bang average,  hard working Motherwell. 

Well that’s a level up from the Dundee fan last week who though we were a dreadful team. Let’s see how we go but for me we’ve signed better quality players this season and I would not be surprised to see us finish top six when they all settle down.

Have to say i haven’t seen much that impressed me about longstaff. 
Clearly technically adept but yet to really impact a game. Early days though. 
He looks like exactly the same player as Brown and even Ferguson plays a similar game. Recycles the ball but everything is sideways or the easy pass.

3 guys all trying to do the same thing makes you very predictable.

Ramsay looked very good. I hadn't seen much of him but he was the attacking out ball for Aberdeen today. Says a whole lot about what your forwards were offering.

Nothing was getting past the Steel Curtain today

6 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Class.

Would assume McInnes would counter this next time we play Aberdeen but we could do this to Glass' dons another 3 times this season nae bather.

There's not much to counter really? If Aberdeen get the first goal, which we had chances to get today, then Motherwell have to come out of the low block to try and get something.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Who got the red card at the end?

The ref was near Broonie and the Aberdeen goalie when he flashed it so assuming it was one of those 2

Edit to add. It was one of the Aberdeen coaches apparently

Edited by santheman

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He looks like exactly the same player as Brown and even Ferguson plays a similar game. Recycles the ball but everything is sideways or the easy pass.

3 guys all trying to do the same thing makes you very predictable.

Ramsay looked very good. I hadn't seen much of him but he was the attacking out ball for Aberdeen today. Says a whole lot about what your forwards were offering.

Nothing was getting past the Steel Curtain today

Looks like he was signed to replace Ferguson. Huddersfield didn't sell the player they were going to replace with Ferguson. We've left ourselves with too much instead of leaving ourselves shirt like we've done in the past.

11 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Well that’s a level up from the Dundee fan last week who though we were a dreadful team. Let’s see how we go but for me we’ve signed better quality players this season and I would not be surprised to see us finish top six when they all settle down.

Well organised & hard working is as good as I’d say from what I saw today. 
Stats mean f**k all I know, but 25% possession, & 2 attempts on goal. 

No gripes with Motherwell though, mine is with Glass, team selection & lack of pace, width & creativity. 

30 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Have they not only been beaten once this season (against us, which could have gone either way), they are a bit better than that imo.

Not today. 
No interest in them & haven’t seen them play this season other than today so my comment was based on today. 
As I said elsewhere stats mean zip, but 25% possession, 2 shots on goal & 1 corner.

Well organised but then again we are so clueless even that wouldn’t be hard. 

23 hours ago, ropy said:

Your midfield and our defence lining up facing each other in a Braveheart style, then chaaarge.

The ref to pop the ball into the middle of whatever is left.

The defence won.

The embarrassing thing for Aberdeen was that we only went to a flat back 5, Livingston took us to the full 7 man defence.

Looks like he was signed to replace Ferguson. Huddersfield didn't sell the player they were going to replace with Ferguson. We've left ourselves with too much instead of leaving ourselves shirt like we've done in the past.

Could have done with that size of squad for all the early season challenges playing two games a week - but now a very bloated squad with a lot of very similar players in some positions, all to play one game a week for the most part.

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

Could have done with that size of squad for all the early season challenges playing two games a week - but now a very bloated squad with a lot of very similar players in some positions, all to play one game a week for the most part.

You know fine well why we didn't manage to get all of the players in before the final weeks of the window. Celtic were in a very similar position to ourselves.

If we'd let Ferguson go and didn't manage to get Longstaff we'd all be raging. Hindsight is wonderful etc.