Motherwell v Aberdeen 11/09/21

We were on a worse run last season and you didn't have too much to say about it then.

Yes I did. There were a few mitigating factors, but a lot that the previous managerial regime could have done better in the last couple of seasons.

I wasn’t even necessarily against the change - but it’s the talk of ‘open attacking football’ that concerns me, especially when it ends up almost inevitably meaning it comes with conceding easy goals game after game.

Used to be the reason we got amused at ‘sexy’ Hibs, whilst we just kept gathering points most weeks and finishing well above them.

19 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

While you may well be right, I don’t think anyone knows what we’ve actually got here yet. We’re playing better football, but clearly not matching with any sort of ruthless winning mentality

True but I think it’s fairly clear that unless something changes we won’t be putting together consistent runs of results that will take us to 3rd as I think hibs just about have that now.

FWIW I’m fairly relaxed about that prospect. I said a few weeks ago I didn’t think we would due to squad and the overhaul we’ve had. 

Today in isolation wasn’t really too bad tbh. 

Just now, tarapoa said:

Yes I did. There were a few mitigating factors, but a lot that the previous managerial regime could have done better in the last couple of seasons.

I wasn’t even necessarily against the change - but it’s the talk of ‘open attacking football’ that concerns me, especially when it ends up almost inevitably meaning it comes with conceding easy goals game after game.

Used to be the reason we used to get amused at ‘sexy’ Hibs, whilst we just kept gathering points most weeks and finishing well above them.

It was amusing winding up their fans on here. Wasn't amusing watching less and less of the usual faces attend the games though. 

'Open attacking football' doesn't lead to poor marking for headers. That's on the players. Precisely why I said Gallagher will be on the bench by Christmas as he's nowhere near dominant enough in the air as a defender and isn't anywhere near as good as McCrorie with the ball at his feet.

The football has been mostly good. The defending has been not good more often than I'd like. I'm going to give the manager and this squad more than three months to get it right before before I'm wetting my pants though.

More often  than not Motherwell is a difficult game for Aberdeen. I can't say the result surprised me today, as disappointing as it was.

11 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Which in no way is the fault of Glass. Agreed ?

The bed wetting on twitter with idiots wanting him gone already is pathetic.

Looking for Glass to be chased already is very premature.

I had hoped the international break would see us return today with some fresh vigour. But it just felt like a re-run of the Ross County game - vulnerable defensively, shipping cheap goals,  and relying on keeper howlers to grind a goal. I think it’s a stretch to say we played well. 

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Declan Gallagher... more like On the Decline Gallagher

Another player that may regret making the decision to move on. He’s a decent enough defender on the whole but I can see him going backwards and out of the first 11 pretty quickly at Aberdeen. He was on a good thing at Motherwell and rather like Curtis Main signing a new improved deal could well have seen him better off in the long run. 

Another player that may regret making the decision to move on. He’s a decent enough defender on the whole but I can see him going backwards and out of the first 11 pretty quickly at Aberdeen. He was on a good thing at Motherwell and rather like Curtis Main signing a new improved deal could well have seen him better off in the long run. 
Got his money.

Was quite right to get his last big move in the summer because he is hasn't looked a great player for over a year

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

No idea how we're behind in this one. If anything, this absolute gang of jobbers deserve to be on the end of a fingering.

1042509973_0_Motherwell-FC-Media-Access(1).jpg.d1dd5ac273a6191633ef1f447931a626.jpg

28 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The idea that Aberdeen were entertaining is a joke.

Had 75% of the ball and did nothing with it. How many times were Aberdeen fans on their feet from a flowing move? Just boring side ways passes.

We gave you 20 minutes of Ricky Lamie and you did nothing.

100%. Plenty of possession but Aberdeen done f**k all with it. I thought we defended well and broke well when the opportunity arose. 

The Scandinavian Sexbombs will absolutely do for me. Solid. 

We look like a well drilled, well organised team. Aberdeen, and their philosophy, could learn a thing or two. 

Onwards.