Motherwell v Aberdeen 11/09/21

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm never happy with just a point.

Mind you I'm a Dons fan so 3 points in 6-0 win and I'd still find something to moan about.

😒

I didn't say I'd be happy. I said I'd probably be happy enough...

Given the difference in resources it's pretty wild how little there was between the sides when it was Robinson vs McInnes.

We were: P 13 W 6 D 1 L 6 F 16 A 11

2025565379_ScreenShot2021-09-10at11_12_43.thumb.png.abb7cb4daa28267d5431216f623aa776.png

New managers now though.

In the one fixture Alexander had last season we were pretty much in the game up at Pittodrie until Polworth had his shitfit and sold the jerseys. We were 1-0 down but we'd hit the post and should have had a penalty. Interesting to see how Alexander's #Murderball goes in a game like this as there are still massive work-in-progress vibes around us.

Then again, you could probably say that Aberdeen are a side in transition just now as well. At least the bulk of their signings are known quantities in this league eg: Gallagher, Brown, JET.

Cards on the table lads...I'd absolutely take a point right now.

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

There is an actual law that states that we must hand out one 3-0 doing to Aberdeen per season, regardless of how bad we are playing in the run up - so I expect that to be delivered tomorrow to keep things tidy.

Aye, 1 x annual shoeing, with Lewis chucking in his obligatory comedy goal would be a satisfactory outcome.

7 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

First season in years where I would struggle to name who starts tomorrow.

What's everyone's preferred XI for tomorrow? 

Kelly

Grimshaw    O'Donnell    Mugabi    Ojala    Solholm    Lamie    McGinlay

Slattery

Watt     Van Veen

#GrezzaBall

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

First season in years where I would struggle to name who starts tomorrow.

What's everyone's preferred XI for tomorrow? 

It's been a long fortnight. I honestly can't remember who plays for us anymore. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

For the 'well boiyz. 

How long to walk from Fir Park to the train station (Motherwell, not Airbles) ??? 

I have to get the 17.17 to Glasgow, but judging by Google maps, walking will cut it a bit fine...

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

For the 'well boiyz. 

How long to walk from Fir Park to the train station (Motherwell, not Airbles) ??? 

I have to get the 17.17 to Glasgow, but judging by Google maps, walking will cut it a bit fine...

Probably a 15 minute walk. If the train arrives in Motherwell station at 17.17 and you leave at about 16.50 then you should be fine. Might want to plan the quickest route as I believe going pass the council car park and past asda is the quickest path.

6 hours ago, starryfish said:

Gallagher in for McCrorie and Longstaff in for Ojo and I'd agree.  Feel that Ramirez needs a strike partner in order to bring the best out of him however.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's been a long fortnight. I honestly can't remember who plays for us anymore. 

It took me a while to remember who Longstaff was. I initially thought the first post was a joke suggestion that a Motherwell player should play for us. 

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We normally start with 8 centre mids so an interesting clash of styles. 

Your midfield and our defence lining up facing each other in a Braveheart style, then chaaarge.

The ref to pop the ball into the middle of whatever is left.

8 hours ago, starryfish said:

Gallagher in for McCrorie and Longstaff in for Ojo and I'd agree.  Feel that Ramirez needs a strike partner in order to bring the best out of him however.

I can understand wanting Gallagher for McCrorie although I disagree. Can't understand Longstaff for Ojo though, as that would leave us with 3 very similar midfielders in the middle.

Ojo has been very good so far, and without Hedges fit I'd prefer him to Hayes, McGinn, or McLennan on current form.

We've certainly got plenty of options now, which is pleasing.

I wonder if Glass will be tempted by three at the back more often. McCrorie would probably suit the right of the three, given his ability to progress the ball, and it would give him a bit more protection defensively. Mackenzie did well on the left of a three away at Qarabag and has the nous to play there, I think. Gallagher would also suit the middle of a three, I think - he’s done it well for Scotland, if I recall correctly.