Motherwell v Aberdeen 11/09/21

Going to be interesting to see who Bates teams up with in central defence. My money’s on Gallagher, but could be totally wrong. I would think that Samuels will start again and hopefully Hedges will make the bench. Ferguson should be pretty fired up with his two Scotland appearances, regardless of time spent on the pitch, and has proved to himself that he can get capped by staying at Aberdeen for the time being anyway.

32 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

First season in years where I would struggle to name who starts tomorrow.

What's everyone's preferred XI for tomorrow? 

Lewis

Ramsay Bates McCrorie MacKenzie

Brown Ferguson

Ojo Watkins Samuels

Ramirez

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

What's everyone's preferred XI for tomorrow? 

Kelly

O'Donnell Ojala Mugabi McGinley

Slattery Grimshaw O'Hara

Roberts van Veen Watt

2-1 Motherwell.

27 minutes ago, ropy said:

Gallagher has to play 

TBH that would be rather amusing to find he was on the bench tomorrow. If he plays he will get the boo boy treatment, but I for one will not be joining in.  Simply as he is an irrelevance to Motherwell.  He had one good season ! One. Hardly worth giving a flying f**k imho.

This will be a decent barometer of how the season will unfold.  I think we have done well in the transfer window, but there is no doubt the Aberdeen team looks stronger on paper as it should with roughly double the wage budget. Bates looks like a very astute signing. 

Probably too early for the Norwegian adonis to start but we may be surprised.  If so I would expect the following line up:

Kelly

O'Donnell Ojala Lamie McGinley

Slattery Grimshaw O'Hara

Roberts Van Veen Watt

We may go 5 at the back and drop a forward.  Plus you may see Woolery start ahead of Roberts, but based on early season performances I would have Roberts straight in the team. 

I hope that now that Scott Brown is in red and not green that means he gets a yellow card for 10 fouls rather than no card for 42 fouls !!

I will go for a score draw to keep that positive momentum.

I know he hasn't been great so far (don't think he has been as bad as people are making out, either), but it's still early days and I'd start Gallagher because I think you need a more natural stopper beside one of McCrorie or Bates if it's a back four.

Looking at our options there now, I think it's one from Gallagher/Considine (with Considine injured at the moment, this choice makes itself) and one from McCrorie/Bates, provided it's a back four.

38 minutes ago, welldaft said:

TBH that would be rather amusing to find he was on the bench tomorrow. If he plays he will get the boo boy treatment, but I for one will not be joining in.  Simply as he is an irrelevance to Motherwell.  He had one good season ! One. Hardly worth giving a flying f**k imho.

This will be a decent barometer of how the season will unfold.  I think we have done well in the transfer window, but there is no doubt the Aberdeen team looks stronger on paper as it should with roughly double the wage budget. Bates looks like a very astute signing. 

Probably too early for the Norwegian adonis to start but we may be surprised.  If so I would expect the following line up:

Kelly

O'Donnell Ojala Lamie McGinley

Slattery Grimshaw O'Hara

Roberts Van Veen Watt

We may go 5 at the back and drop a forward.  Plus you may see Woolery start ahead of Roberts, but based on early season performances I would have Roberts straight in the team. 

I hope that now that Scott Brown is in red and not green that means he gets a yellow card for 10 fouls rather than no card for 42 fouls !!

I will go for a score draw to keep that positive momentum.

I would only boo if he upended Watt in a rash tackle etc.  However I will laugh out loud if any of his donkey attributes appear.  Falling over, jumping under the ball, an o.g. etc.

15 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

An early skirmish in the battle for the best European placings? Based on recent history, literally almost anything could happen here.

I've no idea how this is going to pan out. Probably be happy enough with a point.