Matrix Resurrections.

Lofarl

17 hours ago, Detournement said:

All you can really tell from the trailer is that it's the Matrix. Could be amazing, could be shite.

Keanu having the same hair and beard he always has is an alarm bell though. It reminds me of Harrison Ford not bothering to shave for Blade Runner 2049.

I admire Keanu for just doing the one guy at a time. He spent ages just doing Neo and I'm excited to see him do John Wick in a Matrix

Presumably they aren't showing much, but the trailer makes it look like a reboot with (mostly) the same actors.

Got a horrible feeling this could be a Godfather 3 situation, with Lana Wachowski making another Matrix film to fund stuff she actually wants to do. And we've already had two Matrix sequels made for cash.

On 11/09/2021 at 18:02, BFTD said:

Presumably they aren't showing much, but the trailer makes it look like a reboot with (mostly) the same actors.

Got a horrible feeling this could be a Godfather 3 situation, with Lana Wachowski making another Matrix film to fund stuff she actually wants to do. And we've already had two Matrix sequels made for cash.

The story is already there to have a total reboot.  The original Matrix film, the matrix in that was the sixth or seventh generation.  So a total reboot wouldn’t be out of sync with the originals.

Certainly looks good from the trailer.  Neo munching all the blue pills intrigued me the most.  Sick and fed up of the real world, so gorges on the blue pills?

The machines revive Neo after he died in the third one and put him in his own personal matrix as a thank you for defeating Smith, unaware of who he is. Like with how the traitor said in the first that he wanted to be re inserted into the matrix and not remember anything. The film will be about the humans trying to break him out of this 'jail' and him remembering who he really is. Setting up sequels. Neil Patrick Harris as his shrink is an agent keeping an eye on him.

I dislike all the hate the original sequels get. The 2nd was a fine film, with the absolutely Monica Bellucci looking incredible. 

The 3rd was what it was, a finale to it all with a war with the machines. There was nothing wrong with it at all and I demand that someone put forward a case to say otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I dislike all the hate the original sequels get. The 2nd was a fine film, with the absolutely Monica Bellucci looking incredible. 

The 3rd was what it was, a finale to it all with a war with the machines. There was nothing wrong with it at all and I demand that someone put forward a case to say otherwise.

No, they were pretentious, unnecessary, and (worst of all) boring shite made purely to cash in, and no amount of Monica Bellucci can change that.

If you (understandably) want to molest yourself to MB, there are far better alternatives.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

No, they were pretentious, unnecessary, and (worst of all) boring shite made purely to cash in, and no amount of Monica Bellucci can change that.

If you (understandably) want to molest yourself to MB, there are far better alternatives.

There was nothing boring about them. I spent many a Sunday in bed with a bagful of shite from the local corner shop (Irn Bru, sweets and crisps watching through the whole trilogy, normally with a hangover. Time well spent. 

The original was absolutely incredible and it was impossible for anything to come close to it. Once you realize that, you can enjoy them a lot more. 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

There was nothing boring about them. I spent many a Sunday in bed with a bagful of shite from the local corner shop (Irn Bru, sweets and crisps watching through the whole trilogy, normally with a hangover. Time well spent. 

The original was absolutely incredible and it was impossible for anything to come close to it. Once you realize that, you can enjoy them a lot more. 

The original was absolutely incredible, and the sequels gave us Fat Morpheus and the world's least appealing orgy.

I suppose they could be entertaining to watch the pretty pictures go by, but put any amount of thought into them and you'll chew your foot off from the cringe.

24 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The original was absolutely incredible, and the sequels gave us Fat Morpheus and the world's least appealing orgy.

I suppose they could be entertaining to watch the pretty pictures go by, but put any amount of thought into them and you'll chew your foot off from the cringe.

If I wanted to think about what I was watching I wouldn't have been lazing around in my bed waiting for cleavage shots of Monica B. 😍

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If I wanted to think about what I was watching I wouldn't have been lazing around in my bed waiting for cleavage shots of Monica B. 😍

Just don't watch Irreversible.

Some things cannot be unseen  :(

On 19/09/2021 at 18:03, BFTD said:

Just don't watch Irreversible.

Some things cannot be unseen  :(

Aye the fire extinguisher bit was grim.  I think I know the bit you are talking about.  Yeah it's not pleasant.

Play it on fast foward and its kinda funny tho 😄

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Aye the fire extinguisher bit was grim.  I think I know the bit you are talking about.  Yeah it's not pleasant.

Play it on fast foward and its kinda funny tho 😄

Aye, Stanley Kubrick had that idea for A Clockwork Orange. The protagonist raping a couple of twelve year olds might have come across as a bit grim, so instead he made them of legal age and consenting, and ran the scene at high speed to the William Tell Overture, like some kind of early version of The Benny Hill Show.

I'm really not sure how someone starts at "horrifying child assault" and ends up with "wacky sexy fun times".