FM22

ajwffc

27 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I had a Vancouver Whitecaps save in (I think) FM2017 or 2018. 

It was a nice change from the usual kind of save I would do. I might try something similar.

I've just read the MLS contract and registration information.

tumblr_m1of1iuIGU1rqfhi2o1_250.gif.a72153ce442065fdf6cde61713cd5733.gif

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Not buying it, still slowly ploughing my way through my FM21 San Marino challenge. Tempted to write a story on it soon.

Would be interested to see how you’re getting on.

I’ve tried it a few times on previous FMs, but never managed more than a few seasons after continually failing to get beyond Serie C. 

Ive started a hibs game. Decent that you start £10k over your wage budget so not much room to manoeuvre. Had to sell scott Allan and send a few youngsters on loan. I do have the john mcginn sell on clause which I could activate which would give me £1.5m but might hold off and see if that goes up.

How are you getting on actually? I think we started at around the same time. I ended up stopping mine. [emoji23]
I'm around 7 seasons in and I've got the club from serie D to serie A, first season going pretty well too.

Internationally, I'm around 165th. The youth set up is gradually improving so I think we'll see us beating better-than-minnows in a few years. I don't know how it's worked but I've been given a play off game against Kosovo for euro...whatever it is then one more match to qualify for the euros. f**k knows how they've decided us, we were in the bottom rung of the last nations league and despite winning it I thought it didn't count.

2 hours ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

I might try the FC Vaduz / Liechtenstein version of the San Marino challenge, they've just been relegated from The Swiss SuperLeague. Automatic Europa League qualification every year should help.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that they can’t qualify for the Champions League ever, since they are always counted as Liechtenstein’s entrants. 

21 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that they can’t qualify for the Champions League ever, since they are always counted as Liechtenstein’s entrants. 

Aye, you would need to win the Europa League the season before to qualify for the Champions league.

On 04/11/2021 at 13:31, C. Muir said:

which is needed in season 22/23 with the World Cup meaning about 20 games in all comps across Jan and Feb!

Much like on FM21, I consistently forget this is a thing. 

Much like on FM21 I cull my squad after the first season to build my standard 22 seniors + youths set up to the squad.

Much like on FM21 I have to resort to bringing in far too many players in January to help me cope with the schedule.

Much like on FM21 the upheaval in the squad leads to unhappiness, which leads to a couple of defeats, which leads to the squad having a complete meltdown and my time at that club being over.

I'll learn one day.

I got sacked by Newcastle in my third season and got the Livingston job with 3 games to go when they were already all but down. Got pipped first attempt by Dunfermline on the last day after leading pretty much all season and collapsing. A cup semi final and league cup quarter final were good cup showings. Pumped in both by Hibs and Aberdeen though but decent prize and gate money. 

Won the league comfortably second season and had a really good squad, another cup semi final defeat to Motherwell in the most winnable Scottish cup ever. The four semi finalists were Motherwell, Livingston, Dundee United and St Johnstone. 

First season in the top flight was going averagely until I signed three players (one of which is a Norwegian regen striker)  in January that turned the season around our run from January was played 20 won 13 drew 3 lost 4. Managed to sneak in to 5th and with it a Europa conference place. 

I have strengthened again and now unbeaten in first 3 conference games and wins at Tynecastle 3-1 and home to Hamilton 3-0 see us top of the league. 

Dundee have gone ballistic this transfer window, but have blown the money on a 33 year old Brice Samba £4.4 million and £27k a week. £8.75 million on a 30 year old Randell Williams and £20k a week. 
They have now spent £17.5 million in this window and wage bill is through the roof. Admin 33 incoming. They lost on opening day 1-0 at Aberdeen but beat Rangers at Dens 1-0 to stick Rangers bottom of the league early on. 

1 minute ago, Broony88 said:

It’s early days but we have been to Easter Road and Ibrox. We absolutely shitfested a 1-0 @Ibrox. We also pumped big spending Dundee 5-2 at home who are now bottom of the league. 

1B9CDBEE-C204-4B88-A775-7EACDD3F6DB1.jpeg

ETA- we have just beaten Motherwell at home and are now 9 points clear at the top. I must admit I’m getting slightly excited by this save. 

Been here too many times before to get overly excited but champions league football is all but secured. Aberdeen doing me a massive favour on the final round of fixtures before the split. 

The split fixtures have screwed me out any chance of winning the league. I have been to Ibrox and Celtic park twice already this season and now go to both a third time. Shambles, doesn’t help when Ibrox is the final day of the season. The only saving grace is that we have two very winnable games when Rangers go to Pittodrie then Celtic at home. 

image.jpg

Edited by Broony88

We have only gone and won the league with a game to spare, go to Ibrox on the final day and play the reserves. Automatic group stages of the champions league next season. 

0-0 in the 80th minute and Dane Scarlett does it again. What a player. Scottish cup final v Hibs to come for a historic double. 

image.jpg

As fully expected I got utterly bodied in the cup final by Hibs 4-2. They finished 6th in the league so that was always happening. Started this season a bit indifferently with a home win v Dunfermline 2-1 but followed it with 2-0 defeat away to Aberdeen in an even game. 

Managed to sign my first player classed as a wonderkid from HJK in Finland, he cost me £350k upfront and will max out at £1.1 million. He is only 18 and I beat off Inter and Ac Milan as he is classed as a star player here whereas was going to their reserve squads. Signed Daniel Williams from sheff Wednesday for £41.5k in January 2027 and August 2028 he is gone for £11 million to Crystal Palace. He was comfortably my best player in those 18 months but I can’t turn down money like that. 

Champions league draw hasn’t been kind…

image.jpg

22 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Fancied going somewhere properly obscure, so am playing as Vestri in the Icelandic second tier. Early impressions, either my strikers are pish or every keeper in the Icelandic second tier is Gianluigi Buffon in his prime. 

This is pretty much par for the course

help.jpg