FM22

ajwffc

15 minutes ago, CM. said:

2nd season on a Leeds save. A quite mental final day in prospect although Jurgen Klopp's Man City still big favs looking at the fixtures. I could win the league but on the other hand fail to even qualify for the Champions League if I lose and Ernesto Valverde's Arsenal win. Brendan Rodgers' Man Utd should've really been in pole position but drew 0-0 at already relegated Benni McCarthy's Blackburn on matchday 36 before losing 1-0 to Pep Guardiola's Liverpool last time out. No I'm not taking the piss with any of they managers.

image.png.350cdef5ba40a5c3e16ad9e173d4ee95.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.056f9a48fe83b00d22bc8f2b8fb9f440.png

Realistically City weren't slipping up but what a season for us getting Champions League football. FM fair throws up some exciting seasons anyway!

1 hour ago, CM. said:

2nd season on a Leeds save. A quite mental final day in prospect although Jurgen Klopp's Man City still big favs looking at the fixtures. I could win the league but on the other hand fail to even qualify for the Champions League if I lose and Ernesto Valverde's Arsenal win. Brendan Rodgers' Man Utd should've really been in pole position but drew 0-0 at already relegated Benni McCarthy's Blackburn on matchday 36 before losing 1-0 to Pep Guardiola's Liverpool last time out. No I'm not taking the piss with any of they managers.

How did Pep and Klopp end up swapping?

Also I'm still playing FM19 so not quite the right place, but does anyone know how I can use logo packs without it crashing? Was fine until I reinstalled on a new PC and now crashes every third match or so, so I've deleted them.

Rather annoying as I'm managing Pescara and their badge is a stock/fake one and it looks like shit.

Also I'm still playing FM19 so not quite the right place, but does anyone know how I can use logo packs without it crashing? Was fine until I reinstalled on a new PC and now crashes every third match or so, so I've deleted them.
Rather annoying as I'm managing Pescara and their badge is a stock/fake one and it looks like shit.
They swapped in my Man U save as well. Odd

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Man City sacked Pep after the first season due to a below par campaign and appointed Klopp as his successor (that must've been some compensation agreement!), with the unemployed Pep then taking the vacant Liverpool job.

Unsure why your game would crash with a logo pack. Never had that problem from memory. 

I’ve had quite a lot of time off work this year due to broken bones and covid. Started an unemployed save in England. Took Barnet to league one before jumping ship to relegation threatened Middlesbrough. Kept them up, got promoted and finished in the top half in my second season in the Prem.

Jumped ship to Lyon as I kept losing my best players to release clauses. My Boro squad was much stronger than Lyon’s. I was top when I left in November by a point to three other teams and Inzaghi led them to a 4th place finish. Won the cup in my half season in France so far and went from 11th to 3rd.

I can’t seem to get a job at a big club. Spurs didn’t interview me because I don’t play enough attacking football and I never got an interview at Zebre either. I quite fancy a move to Serie A next.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my current save Ross County finished 2nd in the Premiership in 25/26 and have now beaten Midtjylland then PSV in qualifiers to compete in the Champions League group stage for 26/27. In a group with Chelsea, Juventus and FC Copenhagen. Malky Mackay still in charge :lol: 

Been playing the Mac version for a bit, but it’s a slog and I’m only on season 2! 

Recently got an Xbox so going to give the free Xbox game pass version a whack, fancy starting in England League One with a big bitter, probably between Sheff Wed, Ipswich and Sunderland… can’t decide! 

image.thumb.png.ee197e8c98ed98368975bb0ffec55a31.png

Absolutely delighted to be playing 3 games in 5 days, with a cup final on a Wednesday night :lol: 

Not even space for a single training session before the latter two.

Eta:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522797734bcdd5099156

image.thumb.png.c923c6abacea2660b0921e2c73b2004e.png

Edited by RawB93

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Attempting a challenge myself the last wee while. Trying to win every European league as listed in the game, only stipulation is that I can't take over the previous season's champions. Started unemployed as well.

First season saw me off to Greece with AEK Athens. We won the league on one of the last days, Levi Garcia getting POTY and Sergio Araujo getting 21 goals. Inspired signings of Goran Pandev and Adebayor, and Scott Wright in January seemed to be the difference but the squad looked absolutely done by the time I'd resigned :D 

Second season sees me off to Russia, where I am currently with Spartak Moscow. Bit of a shakeup in the squad getting rid of Promes and other foreign players to allow me to bring in my own players to fit the squad registration. Managed to bring in Gary Medel, Ozil and Callum Wilson for some experience and quality. Went for Adam Hlozek and Ryan Kent on the wings as well :D Currently 2nd in the League in October so here's hoping I can GTF out of Russia as soon as possible

Jumped back in trying to rekindle interest in the game, and think I've just about managed it, at least for now.  Added a few French Overseas Territories leagues, and now trying to win the French Cup with one of them.  Likely to be fucking solid, but hoping I can do the Gibraltar thing and build a side that's basically unbeatable domestically and get good enough to shitfest our way to the Cup.

Then I *think* you get into European Competition from that, which means technically you can win the Champions League.  Technically.  We'll see.

I know FM's meant to reflect real life but this made me laugh.  

Been updating transfers as they happen and started a Clyde save last night. I had originally put Dougie Hill as a non player as I had read he retired but then saw he was in the Kelty squad for their League Cup game last week so decided to make him a player again, only somehow he's now a striker. Currently partnering Nathan Austin up front against me, the fucker just scored a topper from about 30 yards :lol: 

image.thumb.png.8c279793d1b7892678f4ff897788a0c2.png

Edited by CM.