FM22

ajwffc

Just finished my third season with Napoli. Rattled through it recently due to completely giving up on Fifa and work IT issues giving me plenty of time to get stuck into it. 

It wasn't quite as comfortable as last season, both me and Juventus had absolutely incredible seasons but it went right down to the wire...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1b09e1d4f413f1478b0ba4df8ff92002.png

My only two losses of the season were to Juve, but thankfully they had a late season collapse like last year and it set up a showdown on the last day of the season where I just needed to match their result to win the league, and despite having two goals ruled out by VAR and missing a penalty we got the draw that was all that was needed. 

I was unable to replicate my Champions League triumph of last season, as I was unceremoniously dumped out by Man City in the semi finals... with by far the worst result I can ever remember playing Football Manager 😂 the exact same tactics I've been using for two years and I was torn apart.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3d15a1f8017ff77df7574ff8a6e3b34d.png

I did however manage to add the Italian Cup by winning both legs against Juve in the semi and beating AC Milan 2-1 in the final. So I've now won all three major trophies within my first three seasons, and I'm feeling like starting a new game. Really fancy a properly random game so going to see if I can get a worldwide database working with the Gamepass PC version of FM, if not I'll just have to buy it on Steam and get it off the workshop there. 

Trying to get stuck into this bit struggling a bit, I'm full on Peter Grant levels of pish on this game like. 

Anyone had much luck with tactics and gems in the Scottish championship? I'm talking Branimir Kostadinov from years back levels of sexy, help needed. 

It won't be on the winter update patch. 

On 01/03/2022 at 14:05, Grant228 said:

Trying to get stuck into this bit struggling a bit, I'm full on Peter Grant levels of pish on this game like. 

Anyone had much luck with tactics and gems in the Scottish championship? I'm talking Branimir Kostadinov from years back levels of sexy, help needed. 

It won't be on the winter update patch. 

Use the data hub to see what your team are good at and try and choose a tactic that plays to those strengths. I find in Scotland fast and agile wingers are always a winner, even if other stats like crossing let them down. You want bravery and aggression throughout the team too. Danny Armstrong has always worked out a good signing for me and Peter Grant is a tremendous lower league captain, both you can usually pick up for free after a season or two. 

After my previous post I tried a couple different saves but nothing really took my fancy. But at the beginning of this week I stumbled upon the Around the World database from Dave_The_Editor and I've decided to set up a Pentagon challenge to see what I can do there. 

Started unemployed with the lowest reputation and loaded up every single Asian league in the database as a starting point. Probably not the best way to go about it but wanting to start off right at the bottom and work my way up to a good team and then challenge so will take quite a while. May start a thread, will see how it goes.

After being offered 150 job interviews (almost 100 of which were in the Japanese regional cup tournaments, didn't even look like they were leagues, no time for that) I was passed over on my preferred choice of Mazaaray of Mongolia and have ended up at Sankata Boys Sports Club in the Nepalese Second Division. Game started in January, transfer window is only open in March, the only real players I have under contract expire in June and the league doesn't start until November. I've definitely fucked something up but so far all I've done is manage to bring on board an assistant manager, a coach and a hoard of 15 year old Nepalese regens so it could be a tough season when it eventually gets started 😂.

Edited by Dave

Gotten back into play this for the first time in ten years and having a rare time.

I've been playing this on xbox as its free on the gamepass, thinking about switching over to the full version.

Anyone got experience playing on both? Is there any difference in the match engine? Scared to start again on pc as I have found a tactic that is working for me on the xbox version! Might just stick with my current save on xbox for the rest of the year if there is going to be another massive learning curve.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2022 at 20:25, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

1658232408_Screenshot2022-04-04at20_21_50.thumb.png.161a27bdbcb727f29fc922e1128c5cce.pngWell that was f*cking mental.

Your board must be ****s. 2028, in the Champions League knockout stages, and by the looks of it they haven't expanded your stadium. :lol: 

4 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Your board must be ****s. 2028, in the Champions League knockout stages, and by the looks of it they haven't expanded your stadium. :lol: 

The Excelsior could only be expanded to 12000 odd so have spent £25million on a new 23000 seat stadium being built, ready for 2030.

On the subject of stadiums, Queens Park got promoted to the Prem and were playing out of Pollok’s Newlandsfield getting crowds of 800 until Lesser Hampden was ready. Meanwhile, Ross County have just moved in to their new 19000 capacity Derek Adams Arena & Aberdeen are at Kingsford.   

This season’s Champions League is a mixed bag… beat Real Madrid at home, was humped by Chelsea away and lost 1-0 to Galatasaray’s only shot on target. Going to have to pull the rabbit out the hat to get through to the knockouts.

image.thumb.png.6383eccc996dc03addf4ab01050317ce.png

Edited by Dylan Easton Fanclub
Screenie

Got my laptop fixed after a few months and got back into this. The update went on but it looks like the player search function has reverted back to being shit again. If you drag down from the top and look at a player then once you click back into the search function it has reverted back to the top. Annoying as f**k. Anyone else have this issue?

3 hours ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

1041784650_Screenshot2022-04-06at16_40_02.thumb.png.04d848890c721763903acb962b95e241.png

Don't think I've ever seen back to back 10.0's before. Brought him in as a back up winger and he's been f*cking quality.

See if this was real, I think he’d be one of my least favourite players in world football.

A winger taking the absolute piss out the league for fucking Airdrie. Can’t be having that. 

2nd season on a Leeds save. A quite mental final day in prospect although Jurgen Klopp's Man City still big favs looking at the fixtures. I could win the league but on the other hand fail to even qualify for the Champions League if I lose and Ernesto Valverde's Arsenal win. Brendan Rodgers' Man Utd should've really been in pole position but drew 0-0 at already relegated Benni McCarthy's Blackburn on matchday 36 before losing 1-0 to Pep Guardiola's Liverpool last time out. No I'm not taking the piss with any of they managers.

image.png.350cdef5ba40a5c3e16ad9e173d4ee95.png

Edited by CM.