FM22

ajwffc

Ahh ok, didn't know that was a rule, cheers.

Obviously conceded a VAR awarded 92nd minute equaliser in that game as well 😅 still 5 points clear of third place with two games to go so should be at least qualifying for the next stage, one win will see me top the group. 

Also sitting 2nd in Serie A on 24pts (8W 3L), two points behind Roma. Going alright so far but the last loss was against 17th placed Torino who then sacked their manager a week later, it was definitely one of those cursed moments when the pre-match review says you can go top with a win...

Summer window dealings attached below. Everything after 19/07/21 was me however I will be making Zambo Anguissa a permanent signing as he has been class so far. Disasi and both boys from Bodo/Glimt have been excellent, Berg scoring a hat-trick from defensive mid against Inter a particular highlight. Kept Hickey out on loan at Bologna to give him game time but he's not done very well and lost his starting XI spot.

2122 summer window.png

I hadn't played much of FM22 but after seeing what a calamity Falkirk is in real life, I figured I would try a Falkirk save to see if I could at least get them into the Championship.  You start with no transfer budget, no wage budget, one healthy player who can play right back (34 year old Gary Miller) and a lot of wingers.  I decided to go for a 4-3-3 wing play (with a DM).  Have only gotten through the League Cup group stage and was able to qualify thanks to a late Aidan Nesbitt winner against Dunfermline in the final game and I cut the cup bonus to get a bit more wiggle room on wages

Falkirk is going decently well for me, currently second on goal difference.  I signed a couple of young players as cover before the start of the season and was then able to bring in Niall Keown and Keith Keane to shore up defensively, Gary Miller leaving for Fylde.  Ernaldo Krasniqui has been excellent as DM while Aidan Nesbitt and Aidan Keena have also been very good, the latter being my leading scorer on 9 goals.  On the negatives, Craig McGuffie has be Guff, while Steven Heatherington has not been all that great either.  Callumm Morrisson and Declan McDaid have been consistently inconsistent while it took a while for Ryan Williamson to get going after his injury troubles he's played well my last two games.  

image.png.85607e8197004834935a3ac00d8cdc3e.png

Edited by senorsoupe

I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but I am finding this game a fucking nightmare to get into. It's like they've taken every feature that I used all the time on FM14 and have instead made me do about 40 fucking clicks to find out the same information.

Having said that, I've just downloaded the Rensie skin mentioned earlier in this thread and it seems a bit better. I'd still prefer a light version to a dark version but it doesn't sound like the developer is going to do that.

Edited by craigkillie

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but I am finding this game a fucking nightmare to get into. It's like they've taken every feature that I used all the time on FM14 and have instead made me do about 40 fucking clicks to find out the same information.

Having said that, I've just downloaded the Rensie skin mentioned earlier in this thread and it seems a bit better. I'd still prefer a light version to a dark version but it doesn't sound like the developer is going to do that.

The developer, from testifying that they came from small, independent roots seem to have taken the same track as every other dev and released games full of bugs and UI horrors. That said, try and ask a question about it and the head honcho denigrates and blocks you on social media, and the Mods on their boards are less than helpful.

After guiding Airdrie to the League Cup in Season 1 I've totally gone off the cliff with FM this year. Haven't played it since the start of December and don't really have an appetite to pick it back up again. 

2 hours ago, Uniform11 said:

The developer, from testifying that they came from small, independent roots seem to have taken the same track as every other dev and released games full of bugs and UI horrors. That said, try and ask a question about it and the head honcho denigrates and blocks you on social media, and the Mods on their boards are less than helpful.

After guiding Airdrie to the League Cup in Season 1 I've totally gone off the cliff with FM this year. Haven't played it since the start of December and don't really have an appetite to pick it back up again. 

The game was way better when it was a football management sim.

On 11/01/2022 at 01:35, craigkillie said:

There's a lighter skin on the steam workshop but it is awfully light. I tried it briefly when I first came across it and it was hurting my eyes after 10 mins. 

Edited by CM.

3 minutes ago, CM. said:

There's a lighter skin on the steam workshop but it is awfully light. I tried it briefly when I first came across it and it was hurting my eyes after 10 mins. 

I tried that too - the colour was fine for me, but the matchday skin from the Rensie one is a gamechanger for me in terms of enjoyment, so I've had to sacrifice the colour for that. Maybe if I'm bored one day I'll try to go in and fix it myself.

Falkirk Season 2 has started well, with me sitting top after the first quarter of the season

image.png.00a2e4fb22af78cb8a7c6972617b2b41.png

I was given a sizeable wage budget so was able to make some moves, here are some signings from the end of the last season 

image.png.6ce490ee39969ba17f7e169e770b7348.png

While this seasons arrivals

image.png.23f512ef737a5ad8f50591ae42e8ec83.png

Only permanent outgoings were Seb Ross and Ryan Williamson (who caused a big fuss to force a move to newly promoted Raith)

In my save the now, this is the Scottish Championship table with 3 games left. Looking like finishing 4th in L1 so went to check who I'd likely face in the play offs. Could be fucking any of them 😂

image.png.d909482da54074d6b19e77b475e8cceb.png

Edited by CM.

Falkirk Update at the 2/3 mark of the season.  Patchy form for us (and good form for Ross County) saw us slip away from the top but still in good shape 

image.png.10d6f8dd759d87dcfb7c68a6684bd092.png

Was able to do some business in January, Steedman is a 22 year old Scottish midfielder who had been playing in the states, Haunstrup can play both right and left back and signed as an able deputy on both flanks, and Masterson will be a big upgrade on Lewis Macleod and Conor McCormack (who I punted to Arbroath) at DM

image.png.b7dd2c48f926f3d93e62266743900947.png

Falkirk update II.

Finished second in the table, ended up with Partick Thistle in the Second round.  First leg was 0-0 until late when Thistle collapsed and we scored 3 times late. We coasted into the final against Dundee and got a 2-2 draw in the first leg at home. 

image.thumb.png.9db120e533edb47f699851e1b4a4da15.png

Could we go to Dens to seal promotion?

Spoiler

image.png.d447c18d8804c9cad16dfaf411e273a4.png

No

On to build for next season

Edited by senorsoupe

A mess on all sides with that one.  Dynamic Youth Ratings wasn't announced in the usual way through the official marketing, instead in a tweet from Miles.  Which was fucking stupid in hindsight and should never have happened.  But that goes out and the wording makes people run away with the idea and get all kinds of ideas into their heads.  Come release, the feature is exactly what SI envisioned (short of a few inevitable tweaks) but a million miles from what a lot of people did.  

Not sure exactly what people - particularly the YouTuber - expected would happen with putting out a clickbait, hyperbolic video like that would be though.  I'm not surprised at SI's reaction.  BUT, it all stems from them being stupid in the first place.  Put in a wee line about youth development being slightly reworked and put it through a marketing translation and no problem.  Only surprise is that the weird distinction between a "personal account" on Twitter being constantly described as such, but still announcing features for a product hasn't created more problems like this before now.