FM22

ajwffc

Ended up getting promoted fairly easily in the first season with Thistle, few slip-ups, but took it by about 9 points in the end.  Got given absolutely f**k all money for the next season and despite picking up 7 points from 12, I've lost EVERY game since.  Now in the 2022 World Cup induced winter break.  Only Livingston are worse than us, so looks like the playoffs for me.  Pretty realistic too, as we were 1-0 up at Ibrox going into stoppage time, and we shat it to lose 2-1.  

Big Carlos Tevez has probably been a poor decision.  9 goals and 1 assist in 25 appearances over the two seasons, and he'll be retiring at the end.  

EDIT: And now England have won the World Cup and Rangers have hired Pirlo.  f**k sake.

Edited by forameus

On 11/11/2021 at 17:46, Tommy Carcetti said:

So, the Latvian league is interesting.

There's only 7 teams, a 24 game league that runs March-October. Went the side predicted to finish 7th and currently sitting 3 points clear at the top after 11 games. Should be able to fairly rattle through the seasons here, so hopefully build something decent with the national side. Will get some pictures up tomorrow 

I also said I wasn't going to do a Bilbao save this year, but I'm going to do a Bilbao save this year.

I keep thinking that's Derek McInnes in your avatar.

I tried a game as England just to see if I could win them the World Cup. I could. Quite easily. Shows how overpowered they are, I guess. I'm normally alright at FM, but nowt special.

Beat San Marino 22-0 and Andorra 26-0 in the qualifiers as well. f**k's sake.

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I tried a game as England just to see if I could win them the World Cup. I could. Quite easily. Shows how overpowered they are, I guess. I'm normally alright at FM, but nowt special.

Beat San Marino 22-0 and Andorra 26-0 in the qualifiers as well. f**k's sake.

Rugby Manager thread for this pish.

Swinging in crosses to a competent (for the level) Target Forward with a poacher just off is effectively a cheat code. That plus corners to biggest aerial threat at the front post is pretty much game breaking. For Stenhousemuir, any combo of Robert Thomson, Sean Crichton and Nicky Jamieson attacking the near post and one marking the keeper is unstoppable.

In the first season I won League 2 at a canter as well as the Scottish Cup. Yes, the Scottish Cup.

Fannied about with Newcastle for a few months to get to grips with the game and was a hot mess. Beat Chelsea 4-0 in between 3-0 and 5-1 leatherings by Norwich and Burnley and managed to sneak a last minute equaliser v 9 man Scarborough in the League Cup before winning on penalties. The rest of the results were just pretty... average. Winning/losing by the odd goal here and there. 

Once I was ready to start a new game I went Malmo. Finding the gegenpress is still useful, and gives away very little XG, but I'm getting a lot of goals from set pieces and even more sending offs. 

I missed out on FM21 but with this game I'm finding the scouting/transfer system takes time to get used to. In years gone by even if ye had terrible scouts if someone had a high potential it was still worth getting them but, now, I'm paying for a guy my scouts rave about and, when they arrive, their ability and potential can differ quite a bit from the scout report. Makes it more realistic, etc. and I'm all for it but it means I'm gonna need to be a lot more thorough with my signings. 

Fannied about with Newcastle for a few months to get to grips with the game and was a hot mess. Beat Chelsea 4-0 in between 3-0 and 5-1 leatherings by Norwich and Burnley and managed to sneak a last minute equaliser v 9 man Scarborough in the League Cup before winning on penalties. The rest of the results were just pretty... average. Winning/losing by the odd goal here and there. 

Once I was ready to start a new game I went Malmo. Finding the gegenpress is still useful, and gives away very little XG, but I'm getting a lot of goals from set pieces and even more sending offs. 

I missed out on FM21 but with this game I'm finding the scouting/transfer system takes time to get used to. In years gone by even if ye had terrible scouts if someone had a high potential it was still worth getting them but, now, I'm paying for a guy my scouts rave about and, when they arrive, their ability and potential can differ quite a bit from the scout report. Makes it more realistic, etc. and I'm all for it but it means I'm gonna need to be a lot more thorough with my signings. 
I always clear out shit scouts and try and hire an assistant manager with high judging attributes. It's probably really obvious but it's not as easy to see which scout did the reports this year.

Yeah but what I've found is, even if I had a scout with JPA and JPP below 10 if they said "This lad is gonna be a solid four star player" and I signed them they'd maybe drop down to a 3 star player and still be of use. I might just have overpaid a bit. Now it feels like even with decent scouts guys are coming with 4/5 star potential and the coaches saying they're 2 star tops a week later. 

Making more of an effort to scout until I have a complete report has lessened this a bit now. Just wee minor things every new version throw at ye. 

On 21/11/2021 at 10:49, dunfermlinetillidie said:

Don't know if you've bought already, but I've got a Dell with pretty much the same specs as the top two there and FM21 runs pretty quickly on mine. 

Does anyone know if I can change this. When I go into the scouting bit and drag down the list of players and then click on a player and then click back to the scouting page it has taken me back the top of the list. Pain in the arse.

Finished 4th in my first season with Newcastle and beat Wolves 6-0 in the FA cup final. Raphina, Madueke, Isak and Vlahovic are goals and assists machines.

Signed Bennacer, Kalulu, Musiala, Szoboszlai and Reguilon in the summer window to sort out centre mid and full backs before I realised I didn’t have enough English players for registration purposes.

So I’ve punted Zakaria, Kraft and Manquillo and bought in an English goalie fae Stoke, and got both Maitland-Niles and Dane Scarlett on loan. Scarlett scored 5 goals in his debut in an 8-1 spanking of Burnley. I don’t think I’ve ever had a player on champy that’s made as good a start as Scarlett has. He’s only two stars as well.

0ba5e783303ed0935342afb808912771.jpg

Does anyone know if saved games are transferable or are they limited to the device ?

Basically, if I get a new laptop and load up Steam, will my current saved games appear, or will they be lost on my old (fucked) laptop ?

Just now, Kima Greggs said:

Does anyone know if saved games are transferable or are they limited to the device ?

Basically, if I get a new laptop and load up Steam, will my current saved games appear, or will they be lost on my old (fucked) laptop ?

They're usually saved in "My Documents", "Sports Interactive", "Football Manager 202X", "games". You just copy the folder over. Do you have your files backed up to a cloud?

9 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

You can save it to the Steam cloud.

https://fminside.net/guides/how-to-guides/208-how-to-save-your-game-in-the-cloud

7 minutes ago, David W said:

They're usually saved in "My Documents", "Sports Interactive", "Football Manager 202X", "games". You just copy the folder over. Do you have your files backed up to a cloud?

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don't think I've saved them anywhere apart from basically pressing the save button in game.

My charging port is knackered and it's probably not worth the cost of getting it fixed versus getting a new one, so I might never get back into the device.