FM22

ajwffc

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scrapped all my beta saves, as I usually discover some game breaking bug in them after I've already committed to them.

Currently in this horrible boat.

I’m in the 2nd season the Old Firm B Teams obviously finished high in the lowland league and The Challenge Cup has the Old Firm B Teams in it aswell as their U21’s and the Scottish Cup has the B teams in it too.

I know it’s just a wee thing but I feel I can’t manage in Scotland until it’s fixed, shame because I’ve got Forfar up at the top of league 1 in the second season but it just can’t continue until the B team thing is sorted.

Aye, giving serious consideration to this.
For a twist on the San Marino/Andorra thing theres FC Andorra in Spain's 3rd tier & ADSV San Marino in Italy's fifth tier. Latter would require an add on to have that tier playable.

4 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

For a twist on the San Marino/Andorra thing theres FC Andorra in Spain's 3rd tier & ADSV San Marino in Italy's fifth tier. Latter would require an add on to have that tier playable.

I'm going to do the FC Andorra/Andorra challenge. Not sure whether to pull the trigger now or wait for an Andorran league add on to help boost the national side.

I thought the release of the actual game would solve this but it seems not. When searching for a player, I scroll down the list and click into a player and when I click back out into the main search bit, it has gone back to the top of the search which is pretty annoying. Anyone else noticed this?

9 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Haven't bought the new one yet as I'm in a bit of a cash flow bottleneck (vet bills and car repair bills in the same week) but what are people's impressions so far?  I hope to be able to pick this up in the next couple of weeks

Pick up the demo and give it a shot.  Can't tell much long term as it's limited to 6 months, but you can probably tell a fair deal about it.  I'm enjoying it so far personally, although I think it's because it's the first time I've played a proper Thistle save where I "know" the players.  Couldn't really get into the past few versions, even though not a massive amount has changed.

15 hours ago, Aufc said:

I thought the release of the actual game would solve this but it seems not. When searching for a player, I scroll down the list and click into a player and when I click back out into the main search bit, it has gone back to the top of the search which is pretty annoying. Anyone else noticed this?

Yep, this happens to me constantly. 

This is the first one I haven't pre-ordered for years since I haven't actually turned my laptop on in months. Reading this thread and just general FOMO had me scrambling to get the wallet out, but my laptop's shat it so I'll need to wait until a new one arrives :lol:

Finished 8th on GD by the skin of my teeth on the final day. That season wasn't half a slog with some of the garbage in our squad. Relieved to get through it still in the league and time to punt about 3/4 of them and rebuild. Tade ended up on 24 goals with Goodwillie only 11 so Tade is getting kept on among a few others who'll improve alongside better players and a couple of youngsters with good potential who I'll look to loan out. 

Will stick in spoilers how the rest of the SPFL season went.

Spoiler

image.png.4fa278e2fa7b17db457681d218fffdf3.png

No real surprises with Kelty winning the league. Berwick make a return to the SPFL after beating Albion Rovers in the play off final. Jamie Hamill left the Stranraer job replaced by Jason Dair. Peter Murphy departed Annan for Dumbarton. Paul Lovering new Annan manager.

image.png.03e57127807d84458212bf5016c283eb.png

Again no real surprises with QP winning the league and perhaps a little surprise with Falkirk eventually getting back up. Good campaign for Peterhead under Martin Canning. Elsewhere David Hopkin is Paul Hartleys replacement at Cove after Hartley taking Hearts job, Crossgates manager Alan Campbell replaced the sacked Ian Murray at Airdrie. Elsewhere at the end of the season Dumbarton sacked Stevie Farrell and appointed the aforementioned Peter Murphy and Barry Ferguson resigned from Alloa with his namesake Brown replacing him. Stewart Petrie left Montrose for Morton with them yet to appoint a replacement.

image.png.d3a36c6732d6c116c1a6909424dfa8c0.png

2 late Arbroath goals on the final day hand Richard Campbells part-timers a sensational promotion to the SPFL and confirmation of how overpowered they are for about the 4th FM in a row. Although to be fair they have been excellent this season too IRL so far. Jim McInally only lasted 6 months at Dunfermline and new manager Micky Mellon was unable to save them. Ayr join the Pars in League 1. Other managerial movements were all at the end of the season with Raith, Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock all parting company with their respective managers and replacing them with Craig Levein, Brian Rice and Gus MacPherson respectively. Morton replaced MacPherson with Stewart Petrie.

image.png.a8714ee8862aaf73ed27f6c29b4c76a0.png

Rangers lead the way for the majority of the season (Celtic had an awful start and were 8th after 12 games which cost Ange Postecoglou his job before new gaffer Paul Lambert got them propelling) but absolutely bottled their final 2 games, losing to both Motherwell and Aberdeen to hand Celtic the title back. This has cost Steven Gerrard his job with a new manager yet to be appointed. Ross County beat QOS in the play off final to avoid relegation. Other managerial changes include David Healy replacing Graham Alexander at Motherwell, Paul Hartley replacing Robbie Neilson at Hearts, Derek McInnes replacing Jack Ross at Hibs, Mark Hughes replacing Tam Courts at Dundee Utd and Alex Neil replacing Stephen Glass at Aberdeen.

Aberdeen beat Hearts in the Scottish Cup Final. Rangers beat Dundee 4-2 in the Premier Sports Cup Final. Hamilton beat Raith 2-0 in the SPFL trust trophy final.

Exciting times at Firhill as we look like we'll romp to the Championship title.  9 points ahead of Hamilton with 5 games left, strolling it for the most part.  Brought back Kris Doolan for a laugh, with a view to getting him into coaching when he's physically too old to do anything else.  He even nabbed his first goal against Killie in a 4-0 pumping.

But then big Carlos Tevez popped up in my inbox, and I just had to.  He's been largely average, but the thought of a big red "Welcome to Maryhill" sign on Firhill Road meant I had to.  

1466191805_2021-11-1011_06_58-.thumb.png.f54146593e4f8c4a8fb2abc549740b9b.png

First youth intake too, and one of my top prospects is a keeper from DR Congo.  Second nationalities of Scottish and...Finnish.  For some reason.  

22 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Currently in this horrible boat.

I’m in the 2nd season the Old Firm B Teams obviously finished high in the lowland league and The Challenge Cup has the Old Firm B Teams in it aswell as their U21’s and the Scottish Cup has the B teams in it too.

I know it’s just a wee thing but I feel I can’t manage in Scotland until it’s fixed, shame because I’ve got Forfar up at the top of league 1 in the second season but it just can’t continue until the B team thing is sorted.

For anyone as pernickety as me, a fix for this is to go onto the data editor and remove Rangers and Celtic’s B Team from the Lowland League, you’ll need to replace them with a couple of teams for it to work, I’ve made it Auchinleck and Clydebank, I know this is a bit of a fudge but as the lowland league isn’t a playable or viewable league it shouldn’t make too much of a difference.

Will only really have an effect on you if you want to manager Celtic or Rangers and f**k that.

Operation Forfar Athletic to the top has recommenced.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Pick up the demo and give it a shot.  Can't tell much long term as it's limited to 6 months, but you can probably tell a fair deal about it.  I'm enjoying it so far personally, although I think it's because it's the first time I've played a proper Thistle save where I "know" the players.  Couldn't really get into the past few versions, even though not a massive amount has changed.

I picked up the demo and decided to start with Newcastle, because the idea of having 200 million to replace a really lousy squad sounds fun.  So far I have only gotten through a week and a half and I have already made offers for a bunch of players including Aaron Ramsey, Kieran Trippier, Lewis Dunk, Guido Rodriguez, Paulinho (available for free!), and Raphinha. 

Status update, it's not even august yet and I have already blown my 200 million budget on these players.  
image.png.7680131fcef95f80dcc18d07d0383e65.png

Rookie error. Firstly, spending that on feb ceballos. I got him for 875k. Also spending all your £200m in one go. You would be best to break that down in instalments which will allow you to get better players.

Not going to lie, getting those players for your £200m is average. I’ll post up mine later

Into October in first season with Killie, bagged September manager of the month and sitting top. Grinding out a lot of 1-0 wins which is pleasing. 

Played pretty much an U18s side with a few fringe first team players away to Airdrie in the SPFL trust Cup, won on penalties which was also pleasing. 

Enjoying getting back into it, very decent 

The lack of a reserve league is a bit shit for the Premiership and trying to keep players match fit/develop players.

Has anyone been far enough in the beta to know if it returns? Initially I had just my U18s but an U21 squad tab appeared out of nowhere due to the Challenge Cup. I could arrange friendlies manually for that ‘squad’ but it’s rubbish there is not an actual reserve league.