FM22

ajwffc

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

First one I’ve got since 19

Queen’s Park are my usual default team for starting a new save, but with them now I’m absolutely strolling League 1

Not nearly as fun 

Yeah the idea of going them was fun when it came out they were going full time, but they generally reach the top flight in most of my saves within 4/5 seasons, and that's managed by the AI.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah the idea of going them was fun when it came out they were going full time, but they generally reach the top flight in most of my saves within 4/5 seasons, and that's managed by the AI.

I had an enjoyable save with them three or four years ago when they were amateurs. It was a scrapheap challenge of finding the best free agents and loans who were willing to join. I found some quite good ones for their level as well. I had walking red card Ian Black as captain, and an ageing Kris Doolan - just released from Partick - still banging in goals.

I might have to resurrect this save now.

Finally found a tactic with which my team can score the occasional goal, and won the league in my first season. Which is nice.

However, I am absolutely pissing money, not helped by the club deciding it would go full time in the top division next season. Average crowd is about 170. 

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Well my reign at Livingston is over, Wolves came calling with £60 million of a transfer budget and 19th in the premier league. I’m a sucker for attempting to save teams from the drop. 

I think I have left Livi in a decent spot, £33 million in the bank and sitting third In January almost guaranteeing European football again next season. 

From the lions to wolves. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

I'd have thought so, or if it is cheaper elsewhere then not by much. @Homer Thompson said it's on Game Pass for free but I haven't got a clue what that is. 

Just found it on Fanatical for £30, but a code I found online takes it to £27.74 - I’ll take that! Cheers mate. Game Pass is Xbox btw! 

On 05/11/2021 at 13:12, Tommy Carcetti said:

I might try the FC Vaduz / Liechtenstein version of the San Marino challenge, they've just been relegated from The Swiss SuperLeague. Automatic Europa League qualification every year should help.

I've just discovered that the corrupt cartel at UEFA have downgraded the proud nation of Liechtenstein's automatic Europa League place to a Round 1 qualifying slot in the Europa Conference League.

I'd need to win the Europa Conference, Europa League then the Champions League in successive seasons. Nigh on impossible.

Might have to be the San Marino challenge now.

25 minutes ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

I've just discovered that the corrupt cartel at UEFA have downgraded the proud nation of Liechtenstein's automatic Europa League place to a Round 1 qualifying slot in the Europa Conference League.

I'd need to win the Europa Conference, Europa League then the Champions League in successive seasons. Nigh on impossible.

Might have to be the San Marino challenge now.

There's always Andorra...

3 hours ago, Killiesquirrel said:

Just found it on Fanatical for £30, but a code I found online takes it to £27.74 - I’ll take that! Cheers mate. Game Pass is Xbox btw! 

Game Pass is xbox and PC. This years game is on PC game pass

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/pc-games

Shop.to still have it for £25 

Edited by Homer Thompson

Scrapped all my beta saves, as I usually discover some game breaking bug in them after I've already committed to them.

Everyone else going Newcastle, so I chose Sunderland (after about 5 rounds of "Pick a team for me").

First game and we thudded Wigan 3-0, who I'm presuming will be a promotion challenger. Hoping in 4/5 years I reach the EPL, and Newcastle have taken advantage of their wealth, and its a full on challenge trying to overthrow them for local superiority. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scrapped all my beta saves, as I usually discover some game breaking bug in them after I've already committed to them.

Everyone else going Newcastle, so I chose Sunderland (after about 5 rounds of "Pick a team for me").

First game and we thudded Wigan 3-0, who I'm presuming will be a promotion challenger. Hoping in 4/5 years I reach the EPL, and Newcastle have taken advantage of their wealth, and its a full on challenge trying to overthrow them for local superiority. 

Cracking shout. Aye I think 80% of the population are managing Newcastle :Lol:  Sunderland will be fun man. 

Started as Killie, turned off first transfer window so I can get used to the UI and setup again, been years since I played properly. I generally just buy mobile for easiness usually. Seems decent so far

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Newcastle were shit in my 25 year sim. Relegated twice, highest finish was 6th and lost a League Cup final. They were spending roughly £100 mil per season.

Had plenty of penalty practice at the start of the customary Clyde save with 3 of the 4 League Cup group games going to shootouts. Lost to Killie, beat Morton and Albion Rovers and lost to Partick Thistle in normal time. Suppose 5 points in a tough group isn't too bad. 

Signed a transfer listed Lewis Milne for 2.5k and loaned in Dylan Paterson (Arbroath), Charlie Lindsay & Aaron Lyall (Rangers) to give me plenty creativity in midfield instead of some of the garbage excuse for midfielders already at the club. Tade seems a bit overpowered in this game with braces in 2 of the cup games and good fitness when in reality he can only do about 20 mins before blowing out his arse 😂

Sorted out all the managerial changes that aren't in the game yet. Jim McInally ended his spell as longest serving manager in the country to take the Dunfermline job with Martin Canning taking over at Peterhead.