FM22

ajwffc

9 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

And, just like that, five league games without a win. Four of them were defeats.

I went something fucking ridiculous like 20 games without a win before getting two wins and a draw in rapid succession. Needless to say, I'm bottom of the table. 

I've still won two and drawn one out of the four Ayrshire derbies so far this season, so at least there's that.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I went something fucking ridiculous like 20 games without a win before getting two wins and a draw in rapid succession. Needless to say, I'm bottom of the table. 

I've still won two and drawn one out of the four Ayrshire derbies so far this season, so at least there's that.

Since changing my tactics, I have managed to come back from 12 points adrift at the bottom to sit in 8th going into the last four games.

20 hours ago, Mr X said:

So, is there anything in this years edition actually worth buying it for?

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Ha!

one of us GIF

22 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Finding the stamina really poor. Not noticed a lot of red cards or the missed chances though 

If you continually play with a geganpress your players will be fucked. That was one of the things they changed for this years game, you can only really use it now and again. 

I’ve only really been fuckin around on it as I prefer strting my main save when the full version comes out but one thing I have noticed is how little extra wage budget you start with. I’ve started 2 different saves with a lower league English and Scottish club and in both games I’m pretty much stuck with the squad I have. No one wants to leave because they’ve just joined and I only have enough money to sign one other player. I mean it’s probably quite realistic, but it’s shite.

31 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If you continually play with a geganpress your players will be fucked. That was one of the things they changed for this years game, you can only really use it now and again. 

I’ve only really been fuckin around on it as I prefer strting my main save when the full version comes out but one thing I have noticed is how little extra wage budget you start with. I’ve started 2 different saves with a lower league English and Scottish club and in both games I’m pretty much stuck with the squad I have. No one wants to leave because they’ve just joined and I only have enough money to sign one other player. I mean it’s probably quite realistic, but it’s shite.

Newcastle have a £200m transfer budget.

Started a small beta save as unemployed and with not the best manager stats anyway and I got a job interview very early on by Newcastle.

Brendon Rodgers got that job.

Eventually got the Wigan job a few months in with them a few places above the relegation place.

44 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Newcastle have a £200m transfer budget.

Started a small beta save as unemployed and with not the best manager stats anyway and I got a job interview very early on by Newcastle.

Brendon Rodgers got that job.

Eventually got the Wigan job a few months in with them a few places above the relegation place.

Aye I’d read that they start with 200m which seems a bit daft to me considering no one actually knows for certain how much they are going to spend. 

I’m more of a Vanarama North man, those big teams with big daft budgets doesn’t float my boat at all. 

47 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye I’d read that they start with 200m which seems a bit daft to me considering no one actually knows for certain how much they are going to spend. 

I’m more of a Vanarama North man, those big teams with big daft budgets doesn’t float my boat at all. 

I actually don't find managing big clubs from the start much fun. I'd rather either do an Ayr United save or a journeyman save.

Gave up on trying to replicate the back 3 Saints actually play, as it just wasn't working in attack.

4-4-1-1 the new approach and we at least create stuff now. Niggles fucking me with the European games, too many games in a short time.

Successfully shitfest my way to 2 draws and a loss in my opening 3 games. Lost to Sparta Prague 4-1 in the Europa, but then won on penalties against an Israeli side in the Conference. No first window transfers so nobodies come in or out.

Squad will be getting a fairly decent upheaval next Summer, so January will be busy. Lots of loans and ageing players.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I actually don't find managing big clubs from the start much fun. I'd rather either do an Ayr United save or a journeyman save.

Same. Having said that, I have started a save as Newcastle as I do like to start with a big club for a couple of weeks to try and figure the game out. Will move on to a more hipster save later on.