The Binos v Forfar Ath

Next game up at Forthbank is the visit of Forfar. Going to be a difficult game for us, Forfar have started the season well above in the League so let’s hope we can get all 3 points to keep our promotion push going .

Prediction Binos 2 Forfar 1

Last seven meetings between the sides at Forthbank...

Stirling wins - 0

Draw - 2

Forfar wins - 5

Aye I know, it's a meaningless stat, but quite remarkable when you consider we used to gub Forfar on a regular basis before this. 

I'm leaning towards a draw on this one, purely because our home form is so gubbins. Would take a very scrappy win though. 

3 hours ago, rinters said:

Thanks Colin, but having a team coming to town with an international supporter fanbase, it would be nice to see us putting someone to sword once again.

I shall watch on BBC update:bairn

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Thanks Colin, but having a team coming to town with an international supporter fanbase, it would be nice to see us putting someone to sword once again.

I shall watch on BBC update:bairn

Stirling Albion twitter updates during the game are pretty good.  might be worth a follow and switch on the notifications for the duration of the game.

Edited by BazMac

15 minutes ago, BazMac said:

Stirling Albion twitter updates during the game are pretty good.  might be worth a follow and switch on the notifications for the duration of the game.

Cheers, will do. I don't have twitter(can't remember my password  from 2016), so can't comment on the fall of Stirling.

Guest mr_malcolm

Travis back in, slater and ness in the middle and a start for grant anderson which I think is well overdue as he’s always done well when he’s come on .

2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Getting excited about this match. Starting XI look strong for us.

I take full responsibility. I was optimistic, that's never a good idea for a football fan 🤦‍♂️

Then to make matters worse, I was saying, at least Kelty lost as well. Then they go and equalise with the last kick of the match! 🤬

Good win in the end for us but a bit of a struggle in the 2nd half. Should have been well in front in the first half but The Forfar goalie denied us on at least 3 occasions.
2nd half we allowed Forfar into the game and we’re quite fortunate not to be behind after a mistake but thanks to a great Blair Currie stop we were not. The introduction of Dylan Bikey was the spark that got us the 3 points today, took his chance well and we ran out winners at the end.
Move up to 3rd place 2 behind leaders Kelty.

First half we played some good football and the high balls to our target man Mackin caused Forfar issues --the ball kept holding up in the wind and they kept fouling him to try and reach the ball.  Couple of close chances for us, especially from Carrick who will be disappointed he put his close range shot too close to the keeper.  As half time came I was thinking Forfar were no great shakes at all.

Second half a different story.  Forfar were much more effective, especially down the right where McNiff's lack of pace was exposed a couple of times.  We could barely pass the ball from one player to the other, and at one point the normally reliable Ray Grant prodded a ball to an onrushing Forfar player who then put another Forfar player clean through but his shot was svaed by Currie.

The high balls to Mackin were now wind assisted and he wasn't getting on the end of much.  Then Bikey came on.  Eventually we actually passed the ball around on the deck with the previously anonymous Kurtis Roberts showing some great skill to release Bikey down the right.  The Frenchman scampered away and his precise cutback was met again by Roberts who fired a low shot inches wide of the far post.

Suddenly a bit of momentum gathered and we soon scored from a corner.  A Binos player won the header and Bikey was first to react, his outstretched leg volleying the ball home before he celebrated like a man who'd just won the Postcode Lottery.  Smiling from ear to ear while kissing the badge and high fiving ball boys.  Let's face it he's not been great over the last year but he's almost like a player and a fan.  At full time he was posing for selfies with the young ones by the tunnel.  He probably caught Covid right there and then but he won't care tonight.

All in all a fairly even game which we edged.  Hope Nathan Flanagan isn't out for long; we missed his creativity and pace on the flank today.  That's us beaten Peterhead, Albion Rovers, and now Forfar at home this season.  Last season's home form ghosts successfully exorcised.

That's a fair summing up by @BinoBalls A very disappointing first half. It could easily have been 3 to the Binos but McCallum once again to the rescue. Most of our play concentrated on playing down the left with little success. Second half saw a much improved Forfar and smart movement saw Matty and Thomson cut through but a great save denied us the goal. Inspired substitutions by Stirling changed the game. Thought Meechan and Strachan were excellent. Steven Anderson, not so much. Doris? Why?

The pie was a 4 out of 10 (the actual pie, not Doris).