Celtic v Ross County

On 09/09/2021 at 13:19, Henrik's tongue said:

Routine home win here I think. 3-0 with Turnbull scoring at least one.

On 09/09/2021 at 15:36, staggy1929 said:

Celtic can get to f**k not letting away fans watch games, yes Celtic will probably stroll the game but it's not the point. 

3-0 Celtic but they can still get to f**k as stated previously.

So few predictions, so much accuracy. Perhaps the least participated-in match thread of the season. Nothing much worth saying before or after. @Comrie should have stuck with Clach for the good of his well-being.

Weren't close to our best today, we were struggling to find openings until the huge slice of the luck for the goal and then a grest save by Hart not long before we made it 2-0. 3-0  made the scoreline look more comfortable than it actually was.

As for the new signings , CCV looks the business, strolled it and looks composed and comfortable on the ball. Jota had a decent 1st half and showed some glimpses of quality but totally disappeared the 2nd half. Juranovic struggled , Charles-Cook gave him a really hard time and left him for a dead a coupla times.

Hopefully with more game time everyone can improve further.

Edited by DavieCFC

The usual streaming services were awful slow today, like due to increased traffic caused by Manchester United signing some old Portuguese fella. Seen bits of this live but catching up on Sportscene.

Jota looks very lively. Not scared to take on a man and a lot of off the ball movement to try to pick up space. Looks a nightmare to mark. 

Could be a long few weeks for Celtic without Kyogo. Although those goals today might do Ajeti's confidence some good. He's a player I rate, but I'm not sure his style lends itself to success in the Ange style of play as Kyogo's does.

1 hour ago, House Bartender said:

So few predictions, so much accuracy. Perhaps the least participated-in match thread of the season. Nothing much worth saying before or after. @Comrie should have stuck with Clach for the good of his well-being.

Clach got beat 3-2 with a late goal after being 1-0 and 2-1 up so not a good day overall.

Edited by Comrie

Good enough today. Nice to be back in Celtic Park after the international break. CCV and Ajeti got the goals and played well. Also thought Jota and Montgomerry looked promising.  County were decent to be fair to them but their end product was fucking pish. Regan Charles Cook had a quality game. Its a shame no away fans were allowed

I originally had a degree of sympathy with Celtic on the basis I understood that there were too many displaced ST holders from the red zone to be rehomed in the seats that went on general sale. However...

38 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

I originally had a degree of sympathy with Celtic on the basis I understood that there were too many displaced ST holders from the red zone to be rehomed in the seats that went on general sale. However...

If celtic don't give teams an away allocation then clubs should give celtic a taste of their own medicine. 

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

If celtic don't give teams an away allocation then clubs should give celtic a taste of their own medicine. 

Part of me would love to see the favour returned to Aberdeen and Celtic the next time they visit Dingwall. However, I'm not naïve enough to think County could afford to do that. The old "two wrongs don't make a right" saying is probably relevant too.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Moaning about not being able to go somewhere you never really go to.

It's comfortably the worst away day in the league, and arguably the worst away day I've been to.

Too far away from the city centre. Heavy wee guy energy from the fans on the train there. And then stuck away in a corner with an abysmal view. It's essentially an upmarket Almondvale.

And despite all that, Celtic still shouldn't be shutting out away fans just because it's County and the away support is small.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

A guy that doesn’t go to any games wants to see fans, that actually go to games, prevented from going to games. 

On 11/09/2021 at 19:37, Les Westander of County said:

Listening to the radio, it seemed the new Celtic signings are the most diverse ever. A Yeti? Never saw that coming. 

Takes a bigfoot to fill those boots.

3 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I don’t want to shoot my bolt after one match - but it looks like we may have a proper defender at last in CCV.

Fingers crossed! 

Agreed, Because of his size I just assumed we had signed a big solid lump but his range of passing yesterday took me by surprise from what I had read about him.

21 hours ago, Forfinn said:

The game technically was a sell-out as there were no tickets available for general sale on Thursday what you see is a lot of season ticket holders not turning up for some reason. 

Shame however as there were  lot of empty seats even around me which is usually packed