Peterhead v Clyde

5 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Clyde fan should be ashamed of himself for being unable to stand outside.

I didnt want to mention Goodwillies dive for his 99th/ 100th penalty, but you've driven me to it with your whinging.

Seating & cover ffs. What next? You'll be wanting heaters to keep you warm.

Lol.

Proving the Peterhead attitude that a number of Clyde fans were very familiar with today. Stay classy lads

Anyone know why Clyde supporters were not able to sit in the stand, were the club concerned they may claim squatters rights as they have all over the Glasgow area. Also whats the story with Danny Lennon in a suit & tie does he have a job interview coming up or is he due in court at the start of the week 🤔

38 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Anyone know why Clyde supporters were not able to sit in the stand, were the club concerned they may claim squatters rights as they have all over the Glasgow area. Also whats the story with Danny Lennon in a suit & tie does he have a job interview coming up or is he due in court at the start of the week 🤔

Hopefully a job interview

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

There were definitely Clyde supporters in the stand.  I spoke to a few at half time.

I know who the Clyde supporters are. They went in the home end. Clyde supporters that went in the away end had no seating nor shelter. 

I can stand and don't mind the rain. Some supporters can't stand and we went told we would have to. I'll suggest to Clyde Peterhead get no cover when they next come to Broadwood but not tell them. See how well that goes down?

11 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

I know who the Clyde supporters are. They went in the home end. Clyde supporters that went in the away end had no seating nor shelter. 

I can stand and don't mind the rain. Some supporters can't stand and we went told we would have to. I'll suggest to Clyde Peterhead get no cover when they next come to Broadwood but not tell them. See how well that goes down?

I agree, there's been a lack of communication here, either from Peterhead or Clyde. It made absolutely no sense with the bit we're normally sat in lying basically empty.

I'm not overly bothered about being stuck in the rain (given fair warning; I had a jacket that's more wind-proof than rain-proof with me) or standing either but the view was absolutely awful, the bit we were standing on sat lower than the pitch. Didn't have a clue what was happening at the opposite end, and couldn't see the opposite touchline.

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

When was the last time we kept a clean sheet? Or looked like we didn’t belong in the lowland league? 

We have kept four away clean sheets in the league since we were promoted. Forfar, Falkirk and East Fife in the first season and Peterhead last season. I think it's safe to say that the all-out defence approach has made absolutely no difference.

We have won five away matches in the league since we were promoted. Dumbarton and Falkirk in the first season, Cove, Peterhead and Forfar last season.

2 hours ago, David W said:

We have kept four away clean sheets in the league since we were promoted. Forfar, Falkirk and East Fife in the first season and Peterhead last season. I think it's safe to say that the all-out defence approach has made absolutely no difference.

We have won five away matches in the league since we were promoted. Dumbarton and Falkirk in the first season, Cove, Peterhead and Forfar last season.

That a pretty damning set of stats

Dont see us getting many wins away from home this season or many clean sheets

7 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

A great achievement from DGW. Even if it is only officially 99 goals, the official hundredth goal will arrive very shortly. I’m trying to enjoy watching him whilst I can. We’ll possibly not see the likes of him again.

He's a cracking player.  Watching his runs and positioning shows that he is too good for this league.  Luckily he can never seem to either get teammates on his wavelength nor, it would appear, a manager to take advantage of this.

On yesterday's game, I didn't think it was just the first 20 mins where we dominated, bar the goal just before half time, I don't think the keeper had anything to do.  Second half we sat far too deep and invited Clyde onto us which would normally end up costing us.  A one on one for DGW was about the only chance you guys had even when we went there at the back and Clyde had three up top.

The shambolic Clyde defending certainly helped us but I thought first half we dominated midfield as well and if we could keep that up for the entire game them we would find ourselves in a far better league position.