Peterhead v Clyde

Big game on Saturday at a venue Clyde usually struggle at. We could be seriously short at centre half with Elsdon suspended and no word yet if Rumsby has recovered from his injury v Cove. Healthy Clyde support making the trip so should hopefully be a good atmosphere. Just make sure someone keeps a close eye on the cheese burgers

The move to a back 3 proved shrewd against Cove but I can't help but think our hand will be forced to revert back with Elsdon (and potentially Rumsby) unavailable. Even if Rumsby does make it, does a back 3 of him, Balatoni and Docherty (only option unless Page has recovered) give anyone confidence? No.

Looking forward to this one albeit would be a lot more confident if Elsdon was available. 

What’s the situation with pubs in Peterhead. Any recommendations or decent ones close to ground? 

The bar at Balmoor Stadium is your best bet. Clyde could not have picked a better time to play a Peterhead team without a win lately and already looking like favourites for relegation. Hope I am wrong but I can only see a Clyde win.

11 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Clyde could not have picked a better time to play a Peterhead team without a win lately and already looking like favourites for relegation. Hope I am wrong but I can only see a Clyde win.

What has happened this season? 

Been poor or unlucky not to have more points? Thought you would have done quite well this season. 

i know Si Ferry on Open Goal had said it was best squad he’d witnessed in his time at club & was confident of promotion playoffs. Still early days I suppose. 

With East Fife playing Dumbarton, it's an interesting day at the bottom. 

Peterhead generally have our number so we would probably be happy with a point. No doubt at all that we will barely look to attack. Last season that got us a win and a self-inflicted thumping up there.

I'm also not convinced in the 352. I doubt Peterhead will be as open at the back. Parry, Splaine and Cuddihy all to come in if fit. 

I am actually a bit surprised we haven't brought anyone else in yet.

1 hour ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

What has happened this season? 

Been poor or unlucky not to have more points? Thought you would have done quite well this season. 

i know Si Ferry on Open Goal had said it was best squad he’d witnessed in his time at club & was confident of promotion playoffs. Still early days I suppose. 

Two problems with that

1. Si speaks a load of shite and;

2. Our team plays what Si speaks.

Easy away win here.

17 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
9 hours ago, strichener said:
Two problems with that
Easy away win here.

That's the spirit.

You need plenty of that to watch Peterhead this year.  Just as well it comes in litre bottles.

Edited by strichener

If Elsdon had been available I’d be more confident. Despite another couple available since the Cove win, I’m still wary of our defence keeping a clean sheet. Coupled with the fact it’s Peterhead who normally deal with us. 

I’d take a point now but at least we seem much more about us than first few games but as I say Elsdon is a loss both in terms of his presence but also gives us a formation headache of returning possibly a back 4 with zero pace at CH.

On the bright side as ever… We have Goodie 😁 so always a chance.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

17 hours ago, strichener said:

Two problems with that

Easy away win here.

The manager and players talk a good game all week in the press, however, when Saturday comes round, everything goes out the window. Our tag of relegation favourites is well justified.

2 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

Clyde fans not being allowed into the stand so no seat or cover at the moment. Lovely day in Peterhead as well...

16313665202107068588028137220537.jpg

I did wonder about that as usually they charge an extra couple of quid for the seats. Might stay in my car a bit longer.

13 minutes ago, David W said:

We surely aren't playing Cuddihy at centre half? That's how they're warming up.

That’s the way Sky had the team but surely not? I thought they might think of Nicoll or Docherty in the back three if they were determined to stick with that system.