Who watches this pish?

milton75

Was going to put this in the TV forum, but I have a few wider questions for P&B regarding what goes on in TV commissioning, and where society is as a whole.

So - who decided that this should be on TV? The work behind the scenes for any programme is huge, so a lot of people must believe in this. Maybe it's me that's wrong. Maybe I'm being a ridiculous snob about it, but it looks appalling. Leigh Francis is about as funny as an anal fissure. 
I guess if Mrs Brown's Boys can be as popular as it is then nothing should surprise me.

Channel 4 is still publicly owned. Can I complain about this awful waste of cash?

Last week, for the first time ever, I watched about five minutes of something called ‘King Gary’.

I won’t criticise the actors or producers as they’re making cash from it, but the morons who watch regularly and thereby facilitate it should be taken out and shot.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

As an aside - a non-exhaustive list of people who can f**k off from telly and never return:

Amanda Holden
Paddy McGuinness
Michael McIntyre
David Walliams
Mel and Sue

James Corden
Miranda Hart
Rob Beckett
Sara Pascoe

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

James Corden
Miranda Hart
Rob Beckett
Sara Pascoe

Sarah Pascoe is particularly obnoxious and not remotely funny. 

Also Nish Kumar and every single person associated with The Mash Report. Vile.

Edited by Thorongil

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Last week, for the first time ever, I watched about five minutes of something called ‘King Gary’.

I won’t criticise the actors or producers as they’re making cash from it, but the morons who watch regularly and thereby facilitate it should be taken out and shot.

This automatically came on through iplayer after I’d finished watching something else. Like you I watched a few minutes and couldn’t believe people would sit and watch that utter guff.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

27 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Was going to put this in the TV forum, but I have a few wider questions for P&B regarding what goes on in TV commissioning, and where society is as a whole.

So - who decided that this should be on TV? The work behind the scenes for any programme is huge, so a lot of people must believe in this. Maybe it's me that's wrong. Maybe I'm being a ridiculous snob about it, but it looks appalling. Leigh Francis is about as funny as an anal fissure. 
I guess if Mrs Brown's Boys can be as popular as it is then nothing should surprise me.

Channel 4 is still publicly owned. Can I complain about this awful waste of cash?

When I first saw (was only half-watching) the ad for it, I thought it was going to be a documentary about Amanda Holden's gran having learning difficulties or dementia or something serious - with a sort of E4-style positive outlook on it.

Having found out it's a comedy - it looks utter pish and actually pretty offensive on anyone with working brain cells. Leigh Francis' expiry date as a comedian was in 2014, mental he's stealing a wage and commissions from the usually pretty solid C4. 

10 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

When I first saw (was only half-watching) the ad for it, I thought it was going to be a documentary about Amanda Holden's gran having learning difficulties or dementia or something serious - with a sort of E4-style positive outlook on it.

Having found out it's a comedy - it looks utter pish and actually pretty offensive on anyone with working brain cells. Leigh Francis' expiry date as a comedian was in 2014, mental he's stealing a wage and commissions from the usually pretty solid C4. 

It's only when I read this far that I discovered Leigh Francis is a man.

Has anyone watched Apocalypse Wow?

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week28/apocalypse-wow

Set in a “Torture Dome”, an outrageous secret underground club, part-BDSM dungeon, part Fight Club, Apocalypse Wow is hosted by AJ Odudu alongside Hey Tracey’s Donna Preston who assumes the role of ‘The Mistress’.

Every episode a Clan of five celebrities enter the dome to take on The Mistress’s terrifying Superhuman ‘Bosses’ such as Master Enormo (one of the world’s strongest men), The Horn Hunter (a back-flipping parkour master), Hot Slippy Jesus (the UK's no.1 gravy wrestler), The Mermaid (a mermaid) and more. The Clan must unite in a bid to defeat these extraordinary opponents taking them on in a series of ludicrous and entertaining physical challenges. Alone the celebrities would be demolished, but together they stand the chance of overcoming a series of crazed contenders to win the day and take home a load of cash for charity.

Each episode the weakest celebrity must be banished in a hilariously unique way and a new famous face will enter the Torture Dome to join the Clan.

Leading her fellow celebrities through the depravity of the Dome, ‘Chief of the Clan’ TV favourite Scarlett Moffatt will be joined by Chris Hughes, Darren Harriott, Bobby Norris and Kimberley Wyatt. Kemah Bob, The Vivienne, Jessica Wright, Sam Thompson, Jordan Davies and Karim Zeroual will enter the Torture Dome later in the series.

Edited by NorthernLights