Worst Spin-off?

scottsdad

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Rock and Chips was another OFAH spin off. Never watched it - was it any good?

Personally quite liked it but you would really have to go into it not looking at it as an OFAH spin off as they're completely different types of programme 

On 21/09/2021 at 13:25, Clown Job said:

Does Caprica count as a spin off to Battlestar Galactica?

It does - and I made it past about 1 episode before giving up.

I started the thread on another BSG spin-off. They all suck. And a new one coming out soon I'm excited about (it's the hope that kills you)

On 22/09/2021 at 15:25, FairWeatherFan said:

They are once again talking about rebooting/remaking Quantum Leap. If it stays in the same continuity i'd class that as a spin-off. Not sure how great that'd be.

If it’s someone leaping about from the early 80’s to present day 

I’d be up for that. 

On 22/09/2021 at 15:25, FairWeatherFan said:

They are once again talking about rebooting/remaking Quantum Leap. If it stays in the same continuity i'd class that as a spin-off. Not sure how great that'd be.

Would be delighted if this happened, if only so that once again, having made a colossal f**k-up, you could simply stare confusedly at your hands and mutter “Oh Boy!” in a desperate attempt to avoid the blame. It’s a strategy that served me well in the past but seems lost to younger generations.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Another spin-off on the way courtesy of Netflix, That '90s Show. Unlike the failed 80s Show, this will have a link to the original as Red and Kitty Foreman are going to be in it. With Eric and Donna's kid coming to Point Place to spend the summer with their grandparents.

As long as Red is still the same character as he was in the original, it might be watchable.

I suspect he won't be, and it won't be.

• 4 months later...
On 21/09/2021 at 16:25, Clown Job said:

Does Caprica count as a spin off to Battlestar Galactica?

I would say so. Not one for the people who yelled, "Where're my Battlestar Galactica parts II, III and IV?" 

John Sullivan said right off the bat that Rock and Chips wasn't like OFAH. The whole point of it was to give us Joan's backstory. It was a drama with elements of comedy and it worked well. If it was to be an out and out comedy I'm sure Sullivan would have insisted on a laughter track/live audience.

I enjoyed it. It did what it set out to do.