Dumbarton vs East Fife

53 minutes ago, microdave said:

Today was McGeever's tenth goal for us. Four have been against East Fife.

Walking down Castle Road this afternoon, I said to my mates that nobody really enjoys watching their team, it's more like 90 minutes of angst, nerves and endurance but today made an absolute mockery of my words. We (the supporters at any rate) had our feet up and the cigars out with twenty minute left. A rare occurrence.

How is Stokes getting on with you guys,,,

20 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

That’s a Dumbarton team that we’re beat by Rangers youths and we make them look like Real Madrid. 

When we played Rangers “youths” they had Nikola Katic and Jake Hastie in the starting 11, whilst we struggled to cobble a bench together. I’m not sure if that fixture happened during our Covid outbreak.

23 minutes ago, super-son said:

I feel for the East Fife commentator. You can feel the pain. One of those days where the last thing you want to do is talk over a game where you'd far rather walk out early.

When you watch those highlights back that game really was a canter for us. It could’ve finished about 7-0. Did East Fife even have a shot on target!?

Edited to add: Just watched Young’s interview who “didn’t think it was a 5-0”. I’m not sure what game he was watching tbh but we could’ve had 2 or 3 more whilst East Fife barely troubled our goalkeeper the whole game.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

When you watch those highlights back that game really was a canter for us. It could’ve finished about 7-0. Did East Fife even have a shot on target!?

Edited to add: Just watched Young’s interview who “didn’t think it was a 5-0”. I’m not sure what game he was watching tbh but we could’ve had 2 or 3 more whilst East Fife barely troubled our goalkeeper the whole game.

East Fife didn't have a shot on target, nope.

With the effort we had off the line in the first-half, Chucky MacLean hitting the post, the bizarre cross that caught Orsi and Gallacher by surprise and Schiavone firing wife in injury time we could've won that game 7-0 or even 8-0. It was relentless from us after the third went in. Lovely to see a team not sitting back on what they have.

Bloody hell, those highlights were worse than I imagined. Losing goals from set pieces has been Young’s problem since he arrived at the club and if anything we are getting worse. The amount of space Buchanan had was unacceptable from our so called defenders. 

The body language of the players is unacceptable too, after the first goal goes in so many have dropped their shoulders and waving their arms. There is not one proper leader in that squad which is worrying.

Those were our own highlights and the only positive that they could show was a free kick that hit the bar. We can’t defend and we can’t score.

Hello League 2. 

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

East Fife didn't have a shot on target, nope.

With the effort we had off the line in the first-half, Chucky MacLean hitting the post, the bizarre cross that caught Orsi and Gallacher by surprise and Schiavone firing wife in injury time we could've won that game 7-0 or even 8-0. It was relentless from us after the third went in. Lovely to see a team not sitting back on what they have.

Firing wife? Loads of blokes might be dreaming of that.

40 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Bloody hell, those highlights were worse than I imagined. Losing goals from set pieces has been Young’s problem since he arrived at the club and if anything we are getting worse. The amount of space Buchanan had was unacceptable from our so called defenders. 

The body language of the players is unacceptable too, after the first goal goes in so many have dropped their shoulders and waving their arms. There is not one proper leader in that squad which is worrying.

Those were our own highlights and the only positive that they could show was a free kick that hit the bar. We can’t defend and we can’t score.

Hello League 2. 

A Sunday league pub team wouldn’t  make the same errors five times from set plays. Further more how he decided to ship Brett Long out and bring in Gallagher is remarkably bad judgement. The sad thing is the opposition don’t even have to break you down or get in behind you just put a cross on the penalty spot and theres a fair chance you’ll score. I only hope the players and management are hurting the same as the supporters. I know there is a fair few decent players out but by the time Higgins, Connoll , Swanson Murdoch and Davidson return from injury we may be detached at the bottom. 

1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

Further more how he decided to ship Brett Long out and bring in Gallagher is remarkably bad judgement. 

Is this definitely what happened or did Long reject the offer of new contract? Two contrasting scenarios, one within his control and one out with.

On 12/09/2021 at 13:58, Jan Vojáček said:

Lovely to see a team not sitting back on what they have.

Aye. It was really noticeable that even at 2/3 up, Dumbarton never sat back and accepted what they had. They smelled blood and were pretty ruthless about it. 

Shambolic performance from us and very impressive from the Sons. Very well organised and hard working at the back and exposed our inability to defend set pieces mercilessly.