Dumbarton vs East Fife

Now that we've got that International muck out the road, we can bathe in the glory of league football. East Fife have not started well and have had a bit of a disruptive summer with players retiring/leaving. They also seemingly took an age to make any sort of signing of note, but they've cobbled a squad together now and managed to hand Peterhead their arse before the break, so I'm under no illusions as to how difficult this will be. That said, if we want to be serious about 4th place then we need to take all 3 points here. It's no use going up to Montrose and mugging them for the points if you throw away 3 points at home the following game to a team below you. Hopefully the break allowed our players time to get back to fitness, would be great to have McKee back but I wonder if he might struggle to find a place in the new 4-4-2 Faz played at Montrose. 

Any Fifers making the trip through?

Now that we've got that International muck out the road, we can bathe in the glory of league football. East Fife have not started well and have had a bit of a disruptive summer with players retiring/leaving. They also seemingly took an age to make any sort of signing of note, but they've cobbled a squad together now and managed to hand Peterhead their arse before the break, so I'm under no illusions as to how difficult this will be. That said, if we want to be serious about 4th place then we need to take all 3 points here. It's no use going up to Montrose and mugging them for the points if you throw away 3 points at home the following game to a team below you. Hopefully the break allowed our players time to get back to fitness, would be great to have McKee back but I wonder if he might struggle to find a place in the new 4-4-2 Faz played at Montrose. 
Any Fifers making the trip through?

Fife 2 0

do we have to pay a ticket or can we pay at the gate @the monster?
Making the trip from shettleston, hoping to bring the wee man for his first ef game since it’s closer to home for us.

though Dumbarton a bogey team away from home these days, hoping we show the same performance to the double win over Peterhead.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer
last paragraph lol

20 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

do we have to pay a ticket or can we pay at the gate @the monster?
Making the trip from shettleston, hoping to bring the wee man for his first ef game since it’s closer to home for us.

though Dumbarton a bogey team away from home these days, hoping we show the same performance to the double win over Peterhead.

It'll be pay at the gate.

This will be my first away game since going through to Airdrie before all the unpleasantness started what feels like about 40 years ago. Can't wait.

Obviously a poor start from us but the result and performance vs Peterhead was a big boost so hopefully we can follow that through into Saturday.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Syvertsen, Maley, Erskine and Hopkirk all out, with doubts over Geggan and Paton. Hopefully Paton makes it but we can get by without the rest. Joe McKee back. Interested to see what Faz does with the team. 

Convinced that there is some sort of mysterious curse that prevents Joe McKee and Paul Paton from ever being fit at the same time.

Anyway. I think Faz might move McKee to right-mid (as Duffy did a few times) and play Carlo and Carsy together in the centre, whilst sticking with a 4-4-2. There's my hot take. 

Clyde fans weren't kidding about Norway either, were they? 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Sobbing Quietly GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The only other option I thought of would be if he played a 4-1-3-2. I get the feeling he liked MacLean and Orsi up top together and would be keen to keep them.

Sam 

Lynch McGeever Buchanan Boyle

Carswell

Pignatiello McKee Wilson

Orsi MacLean

I'm not sure that wouldn't see us being ran over in the middle of the park though, and I'm not fully sure of Carlo's attacking strengths. He looks disciplined and a nice passer. But I can't see him buzzing beyond full-backs and fizzing in crosses.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The only other option I thought of would be if he played a 4-1-3-2. I get the feeling he liked MacLean and Orsi up top together and would be keen to keep them.

Sam 

Lynch McGeever Buchanan Boyle

Carswell

Pignatiello McKee Wilson

Orsi MacLean

I'm not sure that wouldn't see us being ran over in the middle of the park though, and I'm not fully sure of Carlo's attacking strengths. He looks disciplined and a nice passer. But I can't see him buzzing beyond full-backs and fizzing in crosses.

Could we take a leaf out of Steve Clarke's book here and play 3-5-2?

Ramsbum

McGeever -- Carswell -- Buchanan

Lynch -- Pignatiello -- Wilson -- Boyle

McKee

Orsi -- McLean

I don't actually hate that. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Syvertsen, Maley, Erskine and Hopkirk all out, with doubts over Geggan and Paton. Hopefully Paton makes it but we can get by without the rest. Joe McKee back. Interested to see what Faz does with the team. 

Paton is a very handy player to have available, so if he's out then he's a miss.

We weren't pretty to watch up at Montrose, but I thought Wilson did well and McLean and Orsi weren't disgraced up front. McKee is a bit of a X factor as you never know what role he's going to be playing? I don't think Wilson has done anything wrong - would it be fair to him if McKee went straight back into the team?

I'm looking forward to this one. Also hoping to catch up with a poster from The Hockey Forum who follows EF and the Fife Flyers (booo).

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Convinced that there is some sort of mysterious curse that prevents Joe McKee and Paul Paton from ever being fit at the same time.

Anyway. I think Faz might move McKee to right-mid (as Duffy did a few times) and play Carlo and Carsy together in the centre, whilst sticking with a 4-4-2. There's my hot take. 

Clyde fans weren't kidding about Norway either, were they? 

Aye, he's already a strong contender for the trophy previously won by Rory Loy and Denny Johnstone.  Let's hope he can get his fitness sorted.

Higgins minor starting, Higgins major not even on the bench, more injured last week than we thought???
Looks like a more like a 4-5-1 than a 4-4-2, can’t see #PatSlat playing wide left with Watt and Denholm on the bench, more likely to be King Kev playing wide on a 5, but the shape is flexible depending on how the game goes!!!