Jump to content

Alloa Athletic v Falkirk


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Easily our worst performance of the season.
 

It’s not that we don’t have the players to create, more that we don’t have anyone for them to create for! I really hope that Keena was carrying a knock and not that he’s fallen out with Sheerin because the decision to play that wee laddie up front on his own was completely baffling! It does appear that he’s determined not to play two up top and if he doesn’t change his mind on that I can’t see how we’re going to score enough to compete. If they’re available I would play Krasnique and Keena next week and, believe it or not, I would play Ompreon beside Keena because he does at least have some physical presence.

Mutch; Miller, McKay, Dixon, McCann; Krasnique; Nesbit, Telfer, McGuffie or Ross or Weekes 🧐; Keena, Ompreon

He does? He can’t jump, hold the ball up, header the ball, hold defenders off or do literally any basic stuff with a football. He’s probably a better option than Wilson but that’s more about how howling Wilson is than anything else.

They 2 will comfortably be the worst full time players in the country. Nae other c**t will get close to those useless jobbers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Easily our worst performance of the season.
 

It’s not that we don’t have the players to create, more that we don’t have anyone for them to create for! I really hope that Keena was carrying a knock and not that he’s fallen out with Sheerin because the decision to play that wee laddie up front on his own was completely baffling! It does appear that he’s determined not to play two up top and if he doesn’t change his mind on that I can’t see how we’re going to score enough to compete. If they’re available I would play Krasnique and Keena next week and, believe it or not, I would play Ompreon beside Keena because he does at least have some physical presence.

Mutch; Miller, McKay, Dixon, McCann; Krasnique; Nesbit, Telfer, McGuffie or Ross or Weekes 🧐; Keena, Ompreon

Only goes two up top when we are chasing a goal.

If Williamson was back I'd be tempted with a 3-5-2 with McCann being better at attacking than defending it seems the better option. Miller can't play as a wing back, so really needs Williamson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Only goes two up top when we are chasing a goal.

If Williamson was back I'd be tempted with a 3-5-2 with McCann being better at attacking than defending it seems the better option. Miller can't play as a wing back, so really needs Williamson

The problem with a 3-5-2 is that you’ve got 3 players not contributing anything to the attack.

That would be totally pointless imo in this league when most teams will park 10 men behind the ball against us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Trump said:

Our poorest performance since Sheerin came in. Can see why Alloa have been unbeaten at home. A tight pitch and pressed us well.

mind blowing analysis as  The Recs is One of widest parks in league one. 

Episode 1 Mind Blown GIF by The Office

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

If Williamson was back 

Life is full of "IFS". You can only play with the "hand" you are dealt.

Now, if Williamson was back blah blah blah. But he wasn't, and had Ronaldo signed for Falkirk you might have won 3-2, but you didn't.

And if we had scored another 2 goals it would have been more reflective and 4-0, but we didn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

And if we had scored another 2 goals it would have been more reflective and 4-0, but we didn't.

Steady on. We were absolutely shite and Alloa deserved their win - but 2-0 was probably about right on the balance of play.

Both keepers made good saves and we missed a glorious chance each. Alloa also benefited from utterly hilarious defending for both of their goals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

Life is full of "IFS". You can only play with the "hand" you are dealt.

Now, if Williamson was back blah blah blah. But he wasn't, and had Ronaldo signed for Falkirk you might have won 3-2, but you didn't.

And if we had scored another 2 goals it would have been more reflective and 4-0, but we didn't.

Fair play to you for selecting quotes in a bid for some kind of argument when it has been unanimously agreed by everyone watching the game that Alloa were by far the better team and thoroughly deserved their victory.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Steady on. We were absolutely shite and Alloa deserved their win - but 2-0 was probably about right on the balance of play.

Both keepers made good saves and we missed a glorious chance each. Alloa also benefited from utterly hilarious defending for both of their goals. 

Don’t waste your time trying to be reasonable with this lot.

They seem to regard a win against us even when we are chronically bad as something to celebrate like it’s some sort of achievement.

Bit like Stenhousemuir or Stirling Albion fans.

Very needy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

Life is full of "IFS". You can only play with the "hand" you are dealt.

Now, if Williamson was back blah blah blah. But he wasn't, and had Ronaldo signed for Falkirk you might have won 3-2, but you didn't.

And if we had scored another 2 goals it would have been more reflective and 4-0, but we didn't.

Pointless post of the season....well done ✅

3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The problem with a 3-5-2 is that you’ve got 3 players not contributing anything to the attack.

That would be totally pointless imo in this league when most teams will park 10 men behind the ball against us.

I don't think you can suggest what each formation brings in the way you have suggested. The three in the middle can line up in various different roles and shapes. The width from the wing backs tend to be key in the attacking sense and whilst Morrison is out we need it more than before.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Russ said:

He does? He can’t jump, hold the ball up, header the ball, hold defenders off or do literally any basic stuff with a football. He’s probably a better option than Wilson but that’s more about how howling Wilson is than anything else.

They 2 will comfortably be the worst full time players in the country. Nae other c**t will get close to those useless jobbers.

I am surprised how quick uses knocked the football player out of Herrington, he looked a pale shadow of himself yesterday. He was always in and about the faces of the opposition and fighting for every ball. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Redwedge77 said:

I am surprised how quick uses knocked the football player out of Herrington, he looked a pale shadow of himself yesterday. He was always in and about the faces of the opposition and fighting for every ball. 

So far this season he's managed to get himself sent off. That's it. He's contributed nothing else.

Maybe we simply expect more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t waste your time trying to be reasonable with this lot.

They seem to regard a win against us even when we are chronically bad as something to celebrate like it’s some sort of achievement.

Bit like Stenhousemuir or Stirling Albion fans.

Very needy.

A bit tender today are we ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t waste your time trying to be reasonable with this lot.

They seem to regard a win against us even when we are chronically bad as something to celebrate like it’s some sort of achievement.

Bit like Stenhousemuir or Stirling Albion fans.

Very needy.

I forgot you are a such a big team uses still believe your a premiership club 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nobody really gives a f**k about Falkirk or Stenny, do they? Three points is nice and all, but still.

It's all about those Binos. Come back to us, boys, it's been too long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

It's only September, so surely this should read +

Pointless post of the season......so far?

 

 

 

..

 

I'm surprised time and reality exists in your head but thanks for agreeing with me it was pointless

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...