Alloa Athletic v Falkirk

2 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

I think if you read my reply, it's only a partial agreement, as I pointed out the fact it was the pointless post so far🤔

Being an Alloa supporter reality does indeed exist, we do realize we are a wee team who has been punching well above our weight.

Falkirk may have a 3/4 built mechano stadium, much bigger crowds than we could ever expect in Alloa, but your team is pish, and has been for s number of seasons now.

I am a tad disappointed that I have the most pointless post of the season ( so far) when blue tinted supporters are posting these -

The best post you can find to back up your point is literally a falkirk fan saying his feeling we might win is often wrong and followed by a defeat? Deary me. 

Edited by bairn88

42 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

I think if you read my reply, it's only a partial agreement, as I pointed out the fact it was the pointless post so far🤔

Being an Alloa supporter reality does indeed exist, we do realize we are a wee team who has been punching well above our weight.

Falkirk may have a 3/4 built mechano stadium, much bigger crowds than we could ever expect in Alloa, but your team is pish, and has been for s number of seasons now.

I am a tad disappointed that I have the most pointless post of the season ( so far) when blue tinted supporters are posting these -

You are doing your best to top the pointless post of the season.

If your reality only covers being an Alloa supporter then that's a cool story.

The biggest reality you have missed is that Falkirk fans know everything you have said above and don't hide from that.

A good effort of being as pointless once again but your original effort will take some beating, I am sure you are capable though and not just a one hit wonder

20 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You are doing your best to top the pointless post of the season.

If your reality only covers being an Alloa supporter then that's a cool story.

The biggest reality you have missed is that Falkirk fans know everything you have said above and don't hide from that.

A good effort of being as pointless once again but your original effort will take some beating, I am sure you are capable though and not just a one hit wonder

Absolutely 👍

28 minutes ago, Wee wasp said:

Good result for alloa, hopefully they can kick on from this as I do think they're capable of challenging at the top end of the division

But for falkirk I can't understand why they get it so wrong year after year 

To be fair, until Saturday we had been playing well and looking good. 

A combination of a bad day at the office along with Williamson, McKay, Krasniqi, Morrison and Keena injured or not in the starting line-up meant we were on a hiding to nothing. As soon as the second goal went in it was game over.

Still, every team has injuries and we should have set up/ adapted better than we did. Throwing Ruth straight in to play up front on his own against two experienced League 1 centre-backs was a particularly poor decision from Sheerin imo. 

Shooting away from our own fans in the second half didn't help either, as we have been absolutely fecking hopeless at it over the years 

1 hour ago, Wee wasp said:

Good result for alloa, hopefully they can kick on from this as I do think they're capable of challenging at the top end of the division

But for falkirk I can't understand why they get it so wrong year after year 

I've been wondering that for decades. They aren't sleeping giants or anything, but they could easily have spent a lot more time in the top drawer with their level of support. Little-known fact; apparently they get a surprising number of folk turning up to games, but they're pretty modest about it.

The answer I generally get from Falkirk fans is that they keep ending up run by roasters who appoint roasters into the management positions, so they're probably as well being fan owned. The traditional model clearly hasn't worked for them.

45 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

To be fair, until Saturday we had been playing well and looking good. 

A combination of a bad day at the office along with Williamson, McKay, Krasniqi, Morrison and Keena injured or not in the starting line-up meant we were on a hiding to nothing. As soon as the second goal went in it was game over.

Still, every team has injuries and we should have set up/ adapted better than we did. Throwing Ruth straight in to play up front on his own against two experienced League 1 centre-backs was a particularly poor decision from Sheerin imo. 

Shooting away from our own fans in the second half didn't help either, as we have been absolutely fecking hopeless at it over the 

Navy blue, youre last excuse there is a belter, my 10 year old wouldn't even come away with that 

1 hour ago, Wee wasp said:

Navy blue, youre last excuse there is a belter, my 10 year old wouldn't even come away with that 

Presumably (obviously can't 100% confirm) that would have been the Falkirk captains call, not to let us shoot towards our own supporters 2nd half as we traditionally do.

Factoring in that the opposition captain was long serving Alloa player Stevie Hetherington adds even more weight to the assumption it was their decision to go with that at the coin toss because Alloa took centre to kick off the game.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I've been wondering that for decades. They aren't sleeping giants or anything, but they could easily have spent a lot more time in the top drawer with their level of support. Little-known fact; apparently they get a surprising number of folk turning up to games, but they're pretty modest about it.

The answer I generally get from Falkirk fans is that they keep ending up run by roasters who appoint roasters into the management positions, so they're probably as well being fan owned. The traditional model clearly hasn't worked for them.

To be fair a lot of our support would welcome some form of even partial fan ownership. Unfortunately the current board don't agree having turned down substantial investment from a fans group. We are now in the position of having a couple (Rawlins) calling the shots despite investing very little money and having 20 odd percent of the shares.  Whilst we still having thousands rocking up to renew season tickets year on year nothing much is going to change. We must be the easiest going, accept any old shite fanbase in Scotland.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

20 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

I am surprised how quick uses knocked the football player out of Herrington, he looked a pale shadow of himself yesterday. He was always in and about the faces of the opposition and fighting for every ball. 

I saw one momentary movement of What Hetherington  was like when he was with us , the rest of the time he was mostly anonymous

it does make you wonder how this comes about as we have seen before , some players fit in certain teams and struggle in others 

it isn't that he is not that good , his disciplinary record is all that held him back IMO .

3 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

I saw one momentary movement of What Hetherington  was like when he was with us , the rest of the time he was mostly anonymous

it does make you wonder how this comes about as we have seen before , some players fit in certain teams and struggle in others 

it isn't that he is not that good , his disciplinary record is all that held him back IMO .

If you really felt like it, you could probably come up with a fair list of players who weren't rated elsewhere but did a job for us, or were valued here only to struggle afterwards.

I'm sure I remember the Airdrie fans telling us that Neil Parry was shite, and the Morton fans thought it was hilarious that we'd signed Flanny during his initial stint on the treatment table.

Hetherington hasn't been great since he joined tbh, he's been no more than average at best. Had a shocker at Airdrie, two stupid needless fouls to get sent off. Big Krasniqi is much better in the role he plays, but he was ill on Saturday. Saying that Sheerin I think will play Hetherington over him until the shit really hits the fan and he's no choice but to change it. I expected Hetherington to be a dirty, kick bite and scratch type midfielder who could play a bit and keep us in possession. Maybe he was like that with you lot but he's shown nothing to suggest he's going to be like that with us. 

11 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Hetherington hasn't been great since he joined tbh, he's been no more than average at best. Had a shocker at Airdrie, two stupid needless fouls to get sent off. Big Krasniqi is much better in the role he plays, but he was ill on Saturday. Saying that Sheerin I think will play Hetherington over him until the shit really hits the fan and he's no choice but to change it. I expected Hetherington to be a dirty, kick bite and scratch type midfielder who could play a bit and keep us in possession. Maybe he was like that with you lot but he's shown nothing to suggest he's going to be like that with us. 

Hetherington developed over his time at Alloa from a player who hadn't played much regular football previously and who was for a good while really a squad player, to someone who became an absolutely key figure at the heart of the team. People tend to focus on his tackling but that shouldn't detract from his ability on the ball. I don't recall him being dominated at all in the Championship over the past few seasons, indeed I thought he was the best midfielder on the park against Hearts in one of the games last season with a great balance between the physical battle and keeping the ball. Felt he really deserved to stay in the Championship when he opted to go full-time in the summer. 

Although Falkirk in recent times seem to have a strange ability to make good players shite (and interesting that so far, even without a pre season and in an unsettled team, that Mark Durnan has looked very assured for Alloa), I'd back Stevie to do well as he settles. And if not, we'll gladly have him back. 

5 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Hetherington developed over his time at Alloa from a player who hadn't played much regular football previously and who was for a good while really a squad player, to someone who became an absolutely key figure at the heart of the team. People tend to focus on his tackling but that shouldn't detract from his ability on the ball. I don't recall him being dominated at all in the Championship over the past few seasons, indeed I thought he was the best midfielder on the park against Hearts in one of the games last season with a great balance between the physical battle and keeping the ball. Felt he really deserved to stay in the Championship when he opted to go full-time in the summer. 

Although Falkirk in recent times seem to have a strange ability to make good players shite (and interesting that so far, even without a pre season and in an unsettled team, that Mark Durnan has looked very assured for Alloa), I'd back Stevie to do well as he settles. And if not, we'll gladly have him back. 

Tbh I think a lot of players who come to us struggle to cope with the flak, the pressure, and some perhaps like Hetherington trying to adjust to full time football. Obv some just aren't very good like Wilson who really should be playing junior football at best. It won't be for lack of game time if Hetherington doesn't improve, Sheerin seems to like him made him captain, but the big lad Krasniqi we have on loan from Huddersfield is streets ahead in terms of ability, he really should be starting in front of him. Time will tell but if he doesn't improve massively he'll get jettisoned back to you lot I'd imagine. 

8 hours ago, Waspie said:

Did Hetherington pass the ball forward much at Alloa ?

Hetherington's default at Falkirk seems to be side passes to Telfer or back to Dixon. I haven't seen this hard tackling midfielder that has been mentioned.

Sideway/back passing, poor control running about a lot and needless fouls sums up his Falkirk career so far for me.

Perhaps our formation/tactics dont suit him but as it stands he is getting the basics wrong and showing zero, the fact an untried loan player appears to be favoured with the fans speaks volumes.

He wasn't the reason we lost as we had at least 9 or so players who were inept.