Alloa Athletic v Falkirk

Well, that was unexpected. Looking forward to the highlights.

If it makes you boys feel any better, the Dunfermline and Morton boys were equally despairing when in League One, and just look at them now.

2-0 and it should have been more. 

Thought Sena was excellent in first half and Durnan likewise in the second, but there really wasn’t a failure at all today. 

Was much more like an Alloa performance of a couple of years ago today, pressing from the front and fighting for everything in the middle of the park, and that attitude needs to carry over to the away games now, starting on Tuesday. 

Was surprised just how poor Falkirk were today. I’m assuming Dixon is a makeshift centre half? Found out early that he couldn’t deal with a simple through ball and we played on that all day. 

57 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ultimately, recruitment is still awful.

Holt on 40-50k, gets his laddie a gig for a few year was bad enough, you want to deflect from Sheerin but giving Jaime Wilson a two year deal is deserving of a trebuchet for him anaw. Stinking performance today can't really recall Ruth doing anything of note either.

Alloa fully deserved that. That was up there with some of last season's performances for us, nothing about us at any point in the game. Nesbitt was trying to do absolutely everything 2nd half, Mutch made some decent saves and the rest were awful.
Our best 11 looks like it will be able to do the job this season but outside of that we are nowhere near the levels required. Need everyone back from injury ASAP, I think we'll be a different proposition with Williamson and Morrison down the right.

Toss up between paying for a restricted view at the awful Recs or going for a game of golf, saw the team golf a no brainer.

Get back to the car to find we lost 2-0, Sammon gets the second from a Durnan assist and our new white hope forward gets subbed off for Ompreon!

Honeymoon over.

Seen a few comments on Ruth which are extremely harsh IMO. What exactly was he supposed to do today? He was up on his own, completely isolated and getting long balls chucked his way against Durnan and Mendy and expected to do something with it. He didn’t play well but we didn’t give him any chance to either.

I thought ferguson got his tactics spot on although Falkirk were a bit flat

Who needs stevie hetherington anyway when you have Niang

The dornan / sammon goal was priceless bet they loved that

We are definitely  improving each game and we defended well today when needed

Not a bad performance even when we lost boyd and trouten during the game 

onwards and upwards

Oh and it is only a small section of Alloa fans that 

ferguson was referring to  I thought hutton was sound today .

Edit ... completely forgot we had no scougall today , which is a credit to the team performance

Edited by Vegetableman

One of the most comfortable victories I’ve seen at the Recs in a long time. 

Too many stand-outs to go through everyone but Mark Durnan had a massive afternoon. Skipper, up against his former side and he absolutely strolled it. Won everything. 

Thought Stevie Hetherington was extremely ineffective today, mostly down to Sena who I thought had his best game in Alloa shirt. Really up for it today. Tiring towards the end but he’s getting better and better. 

Euan Henderson up top looked lively and will only get better. Was great to see Cawley so involved again too. Just a shame we lost Boyd and Trouten. Hope that won’t be for too long. 

Falkirk so flat, which really surprised me. If Alloa can pull together some consistency and points on the road, no reason why we can’t be up and about it. It’s not as doom and gloom as people made out. 

Edited by KierenAAFC

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Well, that was unexpected. Looking forward to the highlights.

If it makes you boys feel any better, the Dunfermline and Morton boys were equally despairing when in League One, and just look at them now.

peter grant will be kicked out soon i think the Pars fans must be /are livid .

I thought we were very good today and ran out deserved winners. Henderson looked excellent on his debut and if all our loan signings are as good as him and Niang, things are looking up. Not a failure in the team but in addition to those two: Kev, Durnan, Hutton, Taggart, Robertson and Mendy were outstanding. 

Edited by Magic Hat

The most consistent 90 minutes so far under Ferguson control, Senna was eminence in middle of park the in-forced changes due to injury didn’t deviate from the game plan. Herrington was non existent with Falkirk practicing there diving throughout the 90 minutes. Sammond goal with assist from Dunham was meet with the utterly beautiful scenes of rage from Falkirk fans.   The Vicky pollard look a like showing how many fingers she stuck up her boyfriends arse and Fat Boy come pavement dancer  with the pink fake stone island challenging a couple of over 50s to a fight fuckin priceless.   🤣🤣🤣 

Edited by Redwedge77

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Seen a few comments on Ruth which are extremely harsh IMO. What exactly was he supposed to do today? He was up on his own, completely isolated and getting long balls chucked his way against Durnan and Mendy and expected to do something with it. He didn’t play well but we didn’t give him any chance to either.

He had a couple of chances to do something early on but ran into big Mendy with the first and gave the ball away on the second. Numerous times he brought the ball in them passed it to an alloa player.  Lets face it if he can't stand out against Mendy and Durnan it doesn't bode well. 

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He had a couple of chances to do something early on but ran into big Mendy with the first and gave the ball away on the second. Numerous times he brought the ball in them passed it to an alloa player.  Lets face it if he can't stand out against Mendy and Durnan it doesn't bode well. 

We create so little without Morrison. I expected that to be addressed in the summer..instead we got Seb Dross. He sums up our squad for me. A nothing player.

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

We create so little without Morrison. I expected that to be addressed in the summer..instead we got Seb Dross. He sums up our squad for me. A nothing player.

Today reminded me of my school team. We had a boy that played in it who played with Celtic and Scotland . Our game plan was always when you got the ball give it to him.  Today was give it to nesbitt. He was all over the pitch second half and our only real player that looked like creating anything. Our players gave the ball to him and then stood back and watched hoping he'd do something brilliant.  Why the feck can noone stick a team on the park the fans can at least be proud of. Today we were second to every ball and never won a single 50/50 in 90 mins.