Alloa Athletic v Falkirk

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I don’t think anyone has dismissed the need for an actual goal scorer more down to the fact who is available?

Other clubs don't seem to have as much bother identifying someone who can get them goals, and we have a DoF on a pretty hefty salary if posts on here are accurate. 

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

This is concerning. The game against QP could be put down to an off day but you can’t have 2 off days in a row against rivals

Thought we were rather unlucky against Queens Park and played well in spells.

Today’s display is up there with our poorest performances last season….

Just now, Rizzo said:

Other clubs don't seem to have as much bother identifying someone who can get them goals, and we have a DoF on a pretty hefty salary if posts on here are accurate. 

This should have been his top priority during the summer. To win football games you need to score goals.

8 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I don’t think anyone has dismissed the need for an actual goal scorer more down to the fact who is available?

We’re paying a healthy wage to a Sporting Director to answer that very question. Safe to say he had completely failed. 

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

We’re paying a healthy wage to a Sporting Director to answer that very question. Safe to say he had completely failed. 

8 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Don’t disagree with anything said here, although the the Goalscorers always quoted weren’t signed this summer.

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We’ve just been outdone by Durnan and Sammon.
I think you are giving today’s opposition too much credit tbh….

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

And Barry Ferguson.

And Mendy. Of course, Queens just schooled us, so fair play to Alloa and QoS today.

QP, Cove and Montrose all drawing is about the only good thing you can say about today, but on that form we neednt worry about the top spot anyway.

Really unimpressed with us today. Sheerin has to shoulder most of the blame tbh. It was all wrong and he didnt change it until it was too late.

Nowhere near good enough from us today. Toothless in attack and very shaky at the back.

I thought signings like Mcguffie and Ross were no more than bang average and they have done little to disprove that.

Another issue is our total lack of options to change games. With all due respect, players like Ompreon and Wilson are not going to do much from the bench.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Nowhere near good enough from us today. Toothless in attack and very shaky at the back.

I thought signings like Mcguffie and Ross were no more than bang average and they have done little to disprove that.

Another issue is our total lack of options to change games. With all due respect, players like Ompreon and Wilson are not going to do much from the bench.

My, my Pedro, so negative from you today. Finally taken off your rose tinted specs?

30 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I don’t think anyone is dismissing the need for one, but most make the point that there is nobody out there that we can get that will guarantee us goals

Ultimately, recruitment is still awful.