Alloa Athletic v Falkirk

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Alloa to receive the somewhat insignificant honour of my daughters first ever game of football and hopefully the start of a long and successful new era of Bairnardo/Bairnardinha bonding. Please keep the agricultural language to a minimum. 

The Recs was my daughter's first away game a few years ago.

She's an absolute Falkirk and Scotland obsessive now, so I'd like to publicly apologise to her for inducing these effects! 😥

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The Recs was my daughter's first away game a few years ago.

She's an absolute Falkirk and Scotland obsessive now, so I'd like to publicly apologise to her for inducing these effects! 😥

This is a good idea actually. I can place my apology here, now, on the public record for her to find years from now, after enduring a season like any one of ours since 2017.

Yer daddys sorry..... I just wanted a wee pal to go to the games with 😔

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Alloa to receive the somewhat insignificant honour of my daughters first ever game of football and hopefully the start of a long and successful new era of Bairnardo/Bairnardinha bonding. Please keep the agricultural language to a minimum. 

How old is she? I took my eldest grandson to Westfield for his first game when he was 7. When we went to visit the family the next week, he saw me coming up the path and ran to hide behind his mum on the couch crying his eyes out because he thought I was going to take him to see Falkirk again. 

Just now, Newbornbairn said:

How old is she? I took my eldest grandson to Westfield for his first game when he was 7. When we went to visit the family the next week, he saw me coming up the path and ran to hide behind his mum on the couch crying his eyes out because he thought I was going to take him to see Falkirk again. 

She is six, and has been at me for a good year or so but obviously covid fucked it. Shes desperate to go so i'm quite chuffed with that, but she has made it clear that snack availability is the single most important factor in this. 

I just hope we have the game buttoned up by 60 mins, because I strongly suspect I wont see the final whistle. She might surprise me......

Don't lose heart if she doesn't get in to it straight away. I was taken along when I was 5 and was bored out my tits. Didn't go to another game til I was 10 and have been hooked ever since. That was the last season at Brockville though so would have been hard not to enjoy tbf 

I didn't even try with my two until they were about 9 and 7.

I think it worked as they were fine and not too bored.

Snack availability is obviously the main attraction though, let's be honest. They were appalled/amazed with the pie/roll combo at Alloa previously. 

Also stunned into silence by the conversation I had with an apparently sensible young lad there, who was at a Man City game previously, and swore blind he got a goal notification on his phone before it had even been netted in the stadium.

Mind blowing.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

A good option is to take them to a non league game, I used to take my son to Prestonfield at Linlithgow.  Kids get in free, they can take their own snacks, they can wander round the whole stadium and don't have to sit.

It's a better introduction than just firing them into an all seated ground that's packed.

I did this with my lad at Dunipace.

First senior game was against Airdrie at Broadwood, he was mesmerised by a wee spider he saw crawl into the ear of the old boy sitting in front of us.

Still remembers this to this day and he’s 28!

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Please keep the agricultural language to a minimum. 

apologies in advance for the chants of the young team in that case , when you hear the song beginning  of "Barry ferguson .........". cover her ears immediately

Edited by Vegetableman

1 hour ago, laughing gravie said:

Had to alter this die to possible copyright issues, Laughing Gravy is a Laurel & Hardy short movie.

Remember in the Simpsons Halloween story about the Shinning?

😁😁👹😁😁

Subtle additional consonant for The Shining. Quality work.

I took my daughter to Brockville for what I thought would be her first of many games when she was about 6/7 yrs old, can't remember the game but it was freezing. She is 27 now and a mum herself and has never set foot in a football ground since.  Saved herself a lifetime of grief and heartache.

My granddaughter is 18mnths now so I'm not sure if I should introduce the wee one to the pain.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

48 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I took my daughter to Brockville for what I thought would be her first of many games when she was about 6/7 yrs old, can't remember the game but it was freezing. She is 27 now and a mum herself and has never set foot in a football ground since.  Saved herself a lifetime of grief and heartache.

My granddaughter is 18mnths now so I'm not sure if I should introduce the wee one to the pain.

Took my nephew to his first game at the Falkirk Stadium when he was 7, unfortunately was absolutely freezing and snowing all day so we actually had to leave at half time as he wasn't heating up at all. He's not fancied it since although now he's 12 it might be time to try again.

10 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Looking forward to seeing the team for the first time in the flesh. 

I have packed my assistant to help me watch the game 

image.jpg

Seriously over engineered. This option is perfectly adequate, and will accommodate you and one guest (5’ 4” minimum height applies).

28C62C78-60DD-42B3-83A3-0E0854A04E0F.jpeg

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Durnan to have a brain fart and cost Alloa a goal and a red card for attempting to try too hard and forgetting his limitations, Sammon to just be Sammon and do f**k all, but at the same time being Messi compared to Jaime fucking Wilson. 3-1 us Keena, Nesbitt, and a debut goal for Ruth. Trouten for Alloa, pen, given away by Ben Hall trying to outdo his old pal Durnan. 

Attempting to pay £18 for the stream,joke of a system😶

The Falkirk coin will help pay King Barry's wage to keep the loyal penny arcade Alloa fans content.

Did King Barry bring his  red hand man Bob with him ? ....sorry right

Edited by MrDust