Jump to content

Scotland v Israel


Recommended Posts

I was in that queue and missed the first 20 minutes - for the half hour or whatever I was in it I didn't see a single person being asked to show their vaccine status.

The queue was of course just drunken dullards like myself fumbling about with their phones and brightness settings and relying on a single steward scanning us in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, throbber said:
It was actually a good goal from mctominay, it’s not like it just bounced off him like it was made out and it took a fair bit of skill and improvisation for him to steer it on target.

He was inches from the goal, it would have taken a fair bit of skill and improvisation for him to miss the target.

Indeed. There is no way a team like Scotland would fail to convert an easy chance or an open goal. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scottish Tories are fucking weirdos. Why do they hate their own country so much and finger their arses over England?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:
Indeed. There is no way a team like Scotland would fail to convert an easy chance or an open goal. 
 
 

Doesn't automatically mean it is a good goal when we manage to bundle one into the net though.

I think he did okay with it but he obviously didn't intentionally place it in the roof of the net - was probably coming at him fast and slippery conditions etc. Not a beautiful goal, but who cares.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume the very few empty seats just before kick off  were just the Tories boycotting the flower of Scotland anyway.

That'd be only slightly less of an embarrassment than the fuckwits who booed Israel's national anthem.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AMMjag said:

I was in that queue and missed the first 20 minutes - for the half hour or whatever I was in it I didn't see a single person being asked to show their vaccine status.

The queue was of course just drunken dullards like myself fumbling about with their phones and brightness settings and relying on a single steward scanning us in.

Sturgeon must condemn 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:
Indeed. There is no way a team like Scotland would fail to convert an easy chance or an open goal. 
 
 

Doesn't automatically mean it is a good goal when we manage to bundle one into the net though.

it was a good corner, a good flick on by Hendry and with a ball coming at him at pace at an awkward height, a satisfactory connection in the end - could have quite easily fecked it up or hit his hand with a rush of blood given the stage of the game. it was by no means easier to score and as said - especially where Scotland are concerned. 

so, no not a good goal. But no where near as simple for him as you were implying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the ball hit McTominay, I had a split-second vision of it rolling up his torso and up over the bar.

Genuinely shocked when it went in. Still can't quite believe it TBH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I was convinced it must have bounced of somebody's hand or the keeper had been fouled or the referee was upset at some unpleasant smirking or some such nonsense and that they would find a way to disallow it. 

I was the same tbh, was waiting for it to be disallowed. I was at the other end so o didn’t get a great view of the goal, really just saw the ball in the net and everyone going mad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:


That'd be only slightly less of an embarrassment than the fuckwits who booed Israel's national anthem.

I took a wee seat during and gave it a big ol' boo at its crescendo. Not embarrassed in the slightest....but lets not do this, not here. 

Full House Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Movement by McTominay for the goal was excellent, it would have been easy at that stage of the game to be too tired and switched off to react so quickly to Hendry's flick on. 

One of the most satisfying aspects of it was that it was Bitton who was playing him onside. Can't stand that guy. 

I actually copuldn't celebrate instantly because I was convinced it was going to be ruled out for something...offside, handball, whatever. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:


That'd be only slightly less of an embarrassment than the fuckwits who booed Israel's national anthem.

I’ve never booed a national anthem in my life, but I really don’t get why some people seem so appalled and offended by it. Really quite bizarre tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve never booed a national anthem in my life, but I really don’t get why some people seem so appalled and offended by it. Really quite bizarre tbh.

I just think it's a very un-Tartan Army like thing to do. I can't remember any national anthem aside from England's being booed. 

Maybe there were people there making a political point about Israel's treatment of Palestinians. Or maybe there's just a new generation of drunken radges going to watch Scotland these days. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...