Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

I arrived at around half 4 to the ground, maybe 5 minutes in the queue, the scanner went red when I scanned my code but there was someone working in the turnstile anyway and he just buzzed me through. 

Edited by Big Fifer

49 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I wasn’t there, but I thought the issue was to do with the QR codes and absolutely nothing to do with vaccine passports?

That seems to be the consensus, although the QR codes seemed to be fine as long as you were in the right place and had them already on your phone, not always a given when folk are pished.

Tories seem to have completely made that tweet up.

Just seems like trying to point-score.  Can only speak for where I was, but didn't see any kind of covid checks.  Problem was likely the same as it was in the Moldova game.  People arriving pished up and not being able to work their own QR codes.  The way they're presented in the mails could be a million times better, but it was pretty smooth when I get in (think we were about 30 minutes before kick off, expecting issues)

12 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I suspect Liverpool fans would have Dalglish before Souness every time.  I certainly would as a Scotland fan.

The Jordan comment isn't far off the mark either.  The Hand of Jord was a thing of beauty.

It's not even close.  Souness was an excellent player, but Dalglish was the absolute superstar of the era, for both club and country.

As for Jordan, his international goalscoring record was actually pretty poor.  He did  have a knack of scoring big, important goals though, both in qualifiers and at tournaments, so he's fondly remembered in a Scotland shirt.

The 5pm start confused me.  I was in the house myself + alcohol. As the game neared the end I had it in my mind that it was midweek as it was an evening kick off, then I realised it was Saturday but an hour of post match chat then I would be thinking of heading to bed, then I realised it was about 7:30 and the wife had time to watch Strictly Come Dancing when she got in while I read these pages.
Yeah the time and day totally fucked with my head too. Hyper and steaming by 7pm (in the living room), but a bit confused about what to do with the rest of the night.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I wasn’t there, but I thought the issue was to do with the QR codes and absolutely nothing to do with vaccine passports?

I was there and it had absolutely F*** All to do with Vaccine Passports, there were a few people in our queue with QR Code issues but they were steamin' and as always too many people turning up too late to get in................nothing but cheap opportunism in that Tweet

Edited by weebud

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Anyone get stuck at the Covid checks?

The boy had a glance at mine but I was there 50 mins before kick off.

Tories spouting their complete and utter opportunistic s***e. What else is new? 

It's no one else's fault that people can't be bothered leaving the boozers and getting to the stadium with plenty of time to spare. 

3 hours ago, 101 said:

A load of Tory shite.

Didnt get checked at all myself. Big crowd and people were warned to turn up early. Non story as ever with that mob. 

5 hours ago, 101 said:

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It's a blatant lie it was the usual Scottish problem of alcohol and technology when trying to gain access.

The queues have been like that for as long as  as I can remember when it's a big crowd at Hampden as everybody piles out of boozers just in time for kick off

Ps I'm guilty of the late leaving of a boozer plenty of times 🤣

Edited by doulikefish

It was actually a good goal from mctominay, it’s not like it just bounced off him like it was made out and it took a fair bit of skill and improvisation for him to steer it on target.
He was inches from the goal, it would have taken a fair bit of skill and improvisation for him to miss the target.

4 of us left the pub opposite Hampden at 4:30.  Section G at East Stand.  In queue for 5 min max.  3 scanned in with printed tickets and I scanned in with my phone as I had screenshot the QR.

There were a few in the queue who were fumbling about fir phones/trying to download/open files but for the most part it was pretty straight forward around us at that point.  No idea about later obviously.

As for the Covid checks, never even noticed them, stewards simply waved us towards turnstile and asked us to get tickets ready.

The Scot Tories don't like it when something good happens in Scotland, especially something that a lot of normal people are interested in. Scotland being good at football is very bad for them as they've no choice but to jump on a bandwagon that goes against the core message of "Scotland is fucking shit", and it always looks really disingenuous when they do it. Same happened with their English counterparts down south when the English football team did well at the Euros.