Scotland v Israel

17 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I can only judge Dalglish on his goal scoring record and tbh it wasn’t that great for either Liverpool or Scotland.

Nah your right.  Kenny's 118 goals for L'pool and 30 for Scotland doesn't compare well to Oor Graeme's 38 for L'pool and 4 (four) for Scotland.

What was I even thinking about?

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’m too young to really have seen much of either as we didn’t have wall to wall TV coverage in those days.  I remember watching the Dalglish goal against Spain in the 3-1 which sticks out.

I can only judge Dalglish on his goal scoring record and tbh it wasn’t that great for either Liverpool or Scotland if you’re looking at goals to games.  I have no idea if he set up zillions of goals for Rush which is what makes Liverpool fans rave about him. 

Souness ran the midfield in arguably the best club side of that era.  Gives him the nod for me.

I suspect Liverpool fans would have Dalglish before Souness every time.  I certainly would as a Scotland fan.

The Jordan comment isn't far off the mark either.  The Hand of Jord was a thing of beauty.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nah your right.  Kenny's 118 goals for L'pool and 30 for Scotland doesn't compare well to Oor Graeme's 38 for L'pool and 4 (four) for Scotland.

Obviously not the fact one was a midfielder and one a striker.

I like Crocker and am always a bit puzzled by the grief he gets on here - he's clearly passionate about Scotland, but he did make a bit of an arse of it. Was almost like he had something pre written but then went blank in the middle of it, then just scrambled to get something out. As we learnt at the Euros, McCoist is amongst the best there is and is able to match the tone of a moment perfectly, I hope he's there permanently now however i get the feeling he'll only be on the big games. 

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Much as I love King Kenny, that's not a fair comparison.

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

I like Crocker and am always a bit puzzled by the grief he gets on here - he's clearly passionate about Scotland, but he did make a bit of an arse of it. Was almost like he had something pre written but then went blank in the middle of it, then just scrambled to get something out. As we learnt at the Euros, McCoist is amongst the best there is and is able to match the tone of a moment perfectly, I hope he's there permanently now however i get the feeling he'll only be on the big games. 

Quite agree.

Like one is set up to expect the worst, and then there's Ally, who is basically just an uber-fan now. Like Faddy.

Works for me.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

😂 you compared goals scored by a midfielder and a forward then said you didn’t create the comparison.

behave yourself.

All history now anyways.

Good to see Sir Alex get his cap last night, and his glee at the end was a picture.

alex-v-israel.thumb.jpg.d3ad1d14ccf8fa131078274154fbf574.jpg

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

😂 you compared goals scored by a midfielder and a forward then said you didn’t create the comparison.

behave yourself.

Oh FFS young Lefty.  This is like being on the politics thread.  If you scroll back this was the starting point:

37 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’m too young to really have seen much of either (and can) only judge Dalglish on his goal scoring record and tbh it wasn’t that great for either Liverpool or Scotland

I can forgive you for being ignorant but not for forgetting what you posted less than an hour earlier.

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

I’m too young to really have seen much of either as we didn’t have wall to wall TV coverage in those days.  I remember watching the Dalglish goal against Spain in the 3-1 which sticks out.

I can only judge Dalglish on his goal scoring record and tbh it wasn’t that great for either Liverpool or Scotland if you’re looking at goals to games.  I have no idea if he set up zillions of goals for Rush which is what makes Liverpool fans rave about him. 

Souness ran the midfield in arguably the best club side of that era.  Gives him the nod for me.

My word! 

Dalglish was MILES ahead of Souness in terms of contribution to Scotland. Miles.

The dust has settled, and my take of the game.

Once again it's a roller coaster event.  Small quiet hours sitting myself, boy asked me to wake him for the game, but I let him rest.

Poor first half, thought Patterson was lost in the headlights, however bad we were playing, we still caused them many problems with their fragile defence.  I'm sure I was not the only person who thought exactly what Dykes was going to do with the penalty and their goalie though the same.

Second half was great, we moved up the field and put them under the pressure we should have done earlier on, it showed all their weaknesses. Full credit to Dykes again for keep going and getting that goal (should have been 3). After the McGinn miss, I thought that was it. But by f**k what a finish.  That  last last last minute was unreal, these things happen to us, was so good to get a win a game in the last minute. 2010 last time

I watched the game on Sky Sports (streaming) and it was about 1 second commentary ahead of the play, so watch after about 2 mins on silence.

Now watched it with commentary and what a atmosphere it sounded.   Very proud of my team/country.

We move to our next cup final game, and for folk saying let's rest players. Why? we play our best team, we win, if they get booked, we THEN play someone else the next game.

My man of the match was Gilmour, he make us tick and positive passing forward is so refreshing. 

Scotland I love you, from the jungles of Thailand😍

Edited by SlipperyP