Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

I’m too young to really have seen much of either as we didn’t have wall to wall TV coverage in those days.  I remember watching the Dalglish goal against Spain in the 3-1 which sticks out.

I can only judge Dalglish on his goal scoring record and tbh it wasn’t that great for either Liverpool or Scotland if you’re looking at goals to games.  I have no idea if he set up zillions of goals for Rush which is what makes Liverpool fans rave about him. 

Souness ran the midfield in arguably the best club side of that era.  Gives him the nod for me.

My word! 

Dalglish was MILES ahead of Souness in terms of contribution to Scotland. Miles.

The dust has settled, and my take of the game.

Once again it's a roller coaster event.  Small quiet hours sitting myself, boy asked me to wake him for the game, but I let him rest.

Poor first half, thought Patterson was lost in the headlights, however bad we were playing, we still caused them many problems with their fragile defence.  I'm sure I was not the only person who thought exactly what Dykes was going to do with the penalty and their goalie though the same.

Second half was great, we moved up the field and put them under the pressure we should have done earlier on, it showed all their weaknesses. Full credit to Dykes again for keep going and getting that goal (should have been 3). After the McGinn miss, I thought that was it. But by f**k what a finish.  That  last last last minute was unreal, these things happen to us, was so good to get a win a game in the last minute. 2010 last time

I watched the game on Sky Sports (streaming) and it was about 1 second commentary ahead of the play, so watch after about 2 mins on silence.

Now watched it with commentary and what a atmosphere it sounded.   Very proud of my team/country.

We move to our next cup final game, and for folk saying let's rest players. Why? we play our best team, we win, if they get booked, we THEN play someone else the next game.

My man of the match was Gilmour, he make us tick and positive passing forward is so refreshing. 

Scotland I love you, from the jungles of Thailand😍

Edited by SlipperyP

6 hours ago, grazza said:

Were they sitting in top tear at corner side that we got winning corner from. Think I was behind them as seem them video calling someone for maybe last 10 mins of game.

Aye, that's them. Surreal experience. I'd been partying for about four minutes by the time my stream caught up and I actually knew what had happened.

8 hours ago, GiGi said:

Agreed on Crocker's commentary. Awful, clearly rehearsed and phoney. A voice that does my nut in.

McCoist is the opposite in every way, legend.

I remember when Griffiths scored the winner v Slovakia in 2017 Crocker went on a similar bizarre mumble that lead to nowhere. His commentary for the 2016 Scottish cup final winner was pretty well delivered though in fairness to him.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nah your right.  Kenny's 118 goals for L'pool and 30 for Scotland doesn't compare well to Oor Graeme's 38 for L'pool and 4 (four) for Scotland.

What was I even thinking about?

I thought S**n*SS only scored 3 ; Netherlands , USSR , Yugoslavia

9 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I suspect Liverpool fans would have Dalglish before Souness every time.  I certainly would as a Scotland fan.

The Jordan comment isn't far off the mark either.  The Hand of Jord was a thing of beauty.

No it wasn't ! Argentina 1978 was Karma

9 hours ago, Left Back said:

I’m too young to really have seen much of either as we didn’t have wall to wall TV coverage in those days.  I remember watching the Dalglish goal against Spain in the 3-1 which sticks out.

I can only judge Dalglish on his goal scoring record and tbh it wasn’t that great for either Liverpool or Scotland if you’re looking at goals to games.  I have no idea if he set up zillions of goals for Rush which is what makes Liverpool fans rave about him. 

Souness ran the midfield in arguably the best club side of that era.  Gives him the nod for me.

John McEnroe.

Not a Dalglish fan after 1986 , but off the top of my head you saw what he did for Scotland once he had retired. 

His second goal against Belgium in the 2 - 3 game was amazing !!

I thought S**n*SS only scored 3 ; Netherlands , USSR , Yugoslavia

Didn’t score against the Netherlands, but he did score against Canada, England, USSR and Yugoslavia!!!

19 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Didn’t score against the Netherlands, but he did score against Canada, England, USSR and Yugoslavia!!!

I could have sworn he scored a penalty Vs. the Netherlands at the world cup 1978

Sorry

Edited by Ewan8472

16 hours ago, mizfit said:

There may be a number of issues with Hampden, but when it’s full, on a Saturday afternoon and it matters the place is absolutely bouncing.

We need to make it a place players fucking hate visiting again.

You mean like Dons players do?

Just watched the BBC highlights there for the first time. Michael Stewart really is awful. Him cheering when we scored reminded me of the streaming/tv channels you get from clubs. Tin pot. Having a guy who was little more than an average jobber throughout his career critiquing international players is also a PTTGOMN. Other than that, it was great. The interview with Dykes at the end was great and I really enjoyed the analysis from McCann and McInnes. 

Can't fuckin wait for tomorrow's game now. 

30 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I wasn’t there, but I thought the issue was to do with the QR codes and absolutely nothing to do with vaccine passports?

In front of me out of the massive queue there was at least 20-30% of people turning back after being rejected but it was almost exclusively their fault for being at the wrong turnstile, or being unable to work the QR code. Didn’t see anyone getting checked for the passport.

38 minutes ago, 101 said:

Anyone get stuck at the Covid checks?

The boy had a glance at mine but I was there 50 mins before kick off.

We took 40 minutes to get through the gates, arrived at 4.30 so we missed the first 10 minutes. There were no covid checks though at that time. No idea if the stewards were checking them before we arrived but the queue was getting frustrated so if they were checking for covid certificates when the game had started the fans would have got even more irate.