Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

6 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
18 minutes ago, mizfit said:
Nothing like reading Zahavi’s interview to make me feel even better about last nights result.

What a fucking melt.

Link?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raging-eran-zahavi-tells-israel-25179867.amp

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I read a couple of Israeli accounts of the game that were disappointingly objective, nothing about Dykes nearly taking that defender's head off.

I wanted to take that c***s head off myself, he was at it all game and the ref bought it every time.

I like that they said the atmosphere got to them. Glad to hear it. 

There may be a number of issues with Hampden, but when it’s full, on a Saturday afternoon and it matters the place is absolutely bouncing.

We need to make it a place players fucking hate visiting again.

58 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Something I really enjoy about this squad is their post/pre match interviews. It doesn't tend to be the same cliche-riddled nonsense you get every week at club level, far more authentic and all the players come across really well. 

John McGinn super

I wanted to take that c***s head off myself, he was at it all game and the ref bought it every time.

If you slow the replay down, he actually tries to flick his head towards dykes leg. Dykes calf catches him on the shoulder, but var done the right thing and overturned it.

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

If you slow the replay down, he actually tries to flick his head towards dykes leg. Dykes calf catches him on the shoulder, but var done the right thing and overturned it.

Yeah it was obvious to me watching at the time that Dykes leg wasn't actually that high - it was just that the defender put his head there.

If he'd copped a sore one it would have been his own fault.

just caught the highlights, McGinn's goal reminded me a little of David Villa against Man Utd in the CL final a few years back; touch to steady, little to no backlift and just finessed past the keeper, glorious.

McTominay's meanwhile was more like when you forget to hit the shoot button on PES and yet you still manage to Dirk Kuyt the ball into the back of the net. Glorious in its own spawny way.

1 hour ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Is Sportscene available anywhere? Missed it last night and wanted to get a more complete highlights package, wanted to get a look at the build up to the corner for the third, I think that was when Gilmour played a brilliant ball to Dykes in the inside right position when there was an easy out ball to Patterson on the right. 

it was described as a brilliant ball in commentary too

He passed it rapidly and accurately to the boys feet

Suppose that's Gilmour.  Just plays simple accurate game never shirking the responsibility

But you're right many others would have passed the buck and gone sideways out to the wing

On 09/10/2021 at 17:53, The_Kincardine said:

This has been like 50+ years of  supporting Scotland - highs, lows, hopes and frustrations - concentrated in to 45 minutes.

I posted this at HT and then jumped in to a cab to go 'up London' as the final whistle blew (kept the driver waiting) and just came back earlier.

Consequently I haven;t caught up on the other posts (yet) but that was just a brilliant 2nd half in which a few players redeemed themselves but, more importantly the whole team - and the manager - redeemed themselves.

We always knew we had that in us.  The England game in the Euros proved that we aren't, by any measure, a shite team but I was doubting that at HT when 'despair' was the word of the day.

Never easy being a Scotland fan and we, too often, feed on crumbs but McTerminator's (deserved) winner was utterly joyous.

just caught the highlights, McGinn's goal reminded me a little of David Villa against Man Utd in the CL final a few years back; touch to steady, little to no backlift and just finessed past the keeper, glorious.
McTominay's meanwhile was more like when you forget to hit the shoot button on PES and yet you still manage to Dirk Kuyt the ball into the back of the net. Glorious in its own spawny way.

McGinn’s goal is the sort of goal you dream of scoring at hampden, curled beautifully into the corner. Keeper diving, but absolutely nowhere near it.

A lot of quotes about being the best atmosphere in a long time. I wasn’t there but was at the England game where I cant imagine there being anything better than when the second free kick went in.  Was it just because we won in extra time and the England game was just a goal…a moment in time without the result?

5 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

A lot of quotes about being the best atmosphere in a long time. I wasn’t there but was at the England game where I cant imagine there being anything better than when the second free kick went in.  Was it just because we won in extra time and the England game was just a goal…a moment in time without the result?

I wasn't at the England game but can confirm the atmosphere was excellent. Glad the players thanked the fans too as the crowd genuinely did stick with the players.